Player contracts and transfers

David123

2 hours ago, bankfoot saint said:

this is about as clear a message as you can get of a broken relationship between club and manager....

how the fuk do players respond to this and how do you coach them? "Sorry lads, broons cut off my balls, given to some kilmarnock kipper, i have no sayso, go and do your best."

If relationships are at this point, then broon should just cut tommy now instead of this slow death twirl.

Vice versa, if its tommy posturing, this shows a complete dysfunction inside our club on basic communication between owners/manager and tommy should be looking for another gig himself.

Either way, its a shit show and very worrying at this time of the season and where we sit.

How many season ticket holders bought their season tickets for 2019/20 with the knowledge that Kirsten Robertson would be making decisions on players that Tommy Wright could and couldn’t sign and whether or not we let our star player go for peanuts.

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

8 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

How many season ticket holders bought their season tickets for 2019/20 with the knowledge that Kirsten Robertson would be making decisions on players that Tommy Wright could and couldn’t sign and whether or not we let our star player go for peanuts.

Peanuts? Really? Sorry to disagree with you but if we got 70k for a player that would have went for nothing in the summer, that's a good bit of business in my opinion 

I'll miss Matty like a lot of us but who's to say he would have been as productive in last 6 months and could even have got injured 

I think, whist disappointed that he came out with all the "I love it here" Crap

Any hoo good luck with the sheep botherers Matt. 

20 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Tommy should be looking for another gig?

The fans should be looking for a new owner!!

If what Tommy says is true and looking on from about 19/05/14 it seems he is speaking the truth, then this absolutely this.

We have a chairman who is not interested anymore.

We have appointed a chief exec by all accounts is not well respected by Kilmarnock fans

The club seems totally rudderless. It's time for change at the very top. 

Edited by Shaggy Jenkins

6 hours ago, TheYellowBox said:

Wow. Not holding back there. To me, that reads like its nearing the end for Tommy.

Unless his comments are taken massively out of context, I think there might be a few awkward conversations in the next few days. 

There needs to be sooner rather than later utter shambles once again, thoroughly depressing laughing stock of Scottish football, not surprising new blood does not want to commit to this land of negativity it's is like there is a death wish around the place going backwards at an alarming rate. Will hopefully be an interesting week however I am not holding my breath. Time for fans well those who are left to vent their feelings of anger.

5 hours ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

Peanuts? Really? Sorry to disagree with you but if we got 70k for a player that would have went for nothing in the summer, that's a good bit of business in my opinion 

I'll miss Matty like a lot of us but who's to say he would have been as productive in last 6 months and could even have got injured 

Inverness got more for Coll Donaldson, who's thrown a strop in each of the last 3 windows trying to force through a move, and who signed a PCA with County, than we got for Kennedy, who was happy to stay and play.

6 hours ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

Larky, one league position is worth an extra 70k at the end of the season. The guy was leading our goals and assists chart. 

35 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

Larky, one league position is worth an extra 70k at the end of the season. The guy was leading our goals and assists chart. 

Depends on the position you're dropping.

ICT have lost £750k in income due to getting relegated.

Add in us losing 4 home games with 3 stands of OF fans, home games against United, and the increased prize money, and it could reduce our income by close to £1.5m.

But £70k seems reasonable. 

38 minutes ago, bankfoot saint said:

Lot of people hoping for a change of ownership on here only problem with that is how many bids for the club have we had over the last 10 years ? I can’t recall a single one , even fan ownership has never been brought up. Until someone buts a bid in then brown can do what he wants 

Fan ownership might actually be away of getting the support invested in the club again. Would it bring back some of the missing? 

Motherwell’s recent scouting and selling strategy is paying dividends, it’s something we should be looking at. 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Inverness got more for Coll Donaldson, who's thrown a strop in each of the last 3 windows trying to force through a move, and who signed a PCA with County, than we got for Kennedy, who was happy to stay and play.

Only they didn't though. The figures quoted for Col Donaldson are wrong. Nearer 20k is more accurate and roughly what I'd expect us to part with for McCart.

£70k is a decent amount, add to that the saved wages and there is over £100k right there. Rightfully Tommy would expect all of this.

I think when you see all the other teams around us strengthening and us weakening in the window, you can see why Tommy is not happy.

The worry also is that we dont even seem to be linked with many players.

Manager Tommy Wright has criticised the lack of signings by St Johnstone, whose chairman, Steven Brown, hired former Kilmarnock chief executive Kirsten Robertson to run the Scottish Premiershp club last year, insisting that his advice on football matters is ignored.

Could this be the beginning of the end.

At the end of the season who will it be, that leaves Kirsten Robertson or Tommy. I can't see Tommy taking much more

Actually feeling really depressed about Saints just now, have no enthusiasm about the club just now. Can't even go into work & wind up the Dees as quite frankly we are heading into a dismal place. Things seem to be really broken around McD. 

Sad to see Kennedy leave but £70k ish for the last six months of his contract seems decent.

Yes he was the major attacking threat this season, it just means the likes of MOH has to step up and contribute as he has done in the past. Same with Swanson, assuming he's not out the door....although I would think it would take him a bit of time to get up to 'fitness' (he never was the fittest).

On Tommy....to me that reads as a blast at the new CEO (or whatever her title is) basically putting the pressure on to get something over the line. With Callachan's & Kennedy's wages saved and the fee for Kennedy there should be room to bring in someone....unless they are holding back to do business in the summer, which is a dangerous move given the state of our defence.

Best we can expect I think is the likes of McCart coming early for a nominal fee from Caley.