Player contracts and transfers

David123

3 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Drey Wright - 1,168 minutes - 0 goals/0 assists

Danny Swanson - 245 minutes - 0 goals/1 assist

David Wotherspoon - 1,125 minutes - 3 goals/0 assists

Michael O'Halloran - 1,286 minutes - 2 goals/1 assist

No comment.

From what I've seen of Drey Wright, he does seem to be pretty good at putting crosses in. Perhaps there's an issue with the fact that we have good wingers, but our strikers aren't really the kind who thrive on crosses (possibly with the exception of Hendry, but he's often on the bench). I wonder what Drey Wright's assist stats would be like if we had a big target man in the middle. I also think Wright may have suffered slightly from the loss of Foster, who was great at overlapping the winger in front of him.

2 hours ago, tucker said:

Drey signs it's great,if not team has always found a way to work through it, when Matty left been better team performances,not bothered either way,nice article on BBC sport from booth saying how settled he is now that's a guy who has made a big difference says he's been brought in.

I hope Drey re-signs but don't think he will . I think he will take the chance of going back down south. Would have hoped for a wee bit payback for the patience Saints showed in rehabilitation after his injury.

41 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

It is a perfect example of how he can be involved in a goal but not a direct assist.

I missed the memo that he has gone from stand out player of the season to being worthy of chucking.

I missed the memo that said he is stand out player of the season.

Next couple of games will show if he is a stand out player.

7 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

Last season's man of the match polls had him miles Infront. Took Matty Kennedy about 15bgames to catch the points total Wright had accumulated.

And then he suffered his 3rd season ending cruciate injury in 6 years. Hes also had two long term absences in that time frame before joining us to his knees aswell.

Rumours go hes trying to become one of our highest earners.

Would you say a player with his injury record, and goal return, is worth that?

Edited by RandomGuy

5 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

And then he suffered his 3rd season ending cruciate injury in 6 years. Hes also had two long term absences in that time frame before joining us to his knees aswell.

It would have to be heavily weighted towards appearances, but he’s worthy of being a top earner. Not too fussed on his goal return. I think he’s only started to hit form again over the last month. 

14 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Where are you seeing these "rumours "?

20 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

You wanted us to sign Stevie May to be our most expensive player he was crocked and then never showed any form again.

Just noticed on the BBC that Ryan Kent hasn't provided an assist for over a year.

1 hour ago, garydavidson said:

You wanted us to sign Stevie May to be our most expensive player he was crocked and then never showed any form again.

Stevie May is a proven top flight striker unfairly written off because McInnes played him as a left winger or central midfielder. That's him now got 5 goals in his last 9 games.

Wright, yet again, fluffed a chance today and arguably that goal could've sealed the win. He still has only 1 league goal, and that was a heavily deflected cross.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Stevie May is a proven top flight striker unfairly written off because McInnes played him as a left winger or central midfielder. That's him now got 5 goals in his last 9 games.

Wright, yet again, fluffed a chance today and arguably that goal could've sealed the win. He still has only 1 league goal, and that was a heavily deflected cross.

Absolutely agree regarding Stevie great to see his confidence gradually growing

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Have to admit I thought May was finished when he first came. Looked like he was still scared to run or tackle too hard but he looks to be getting back to his best & puts in a power of running now we play one up front he is tracking back.

As for Wright I was backing him because of the work he does helping his full back on top of going forward. Would like him to sign but wouldn't be heart broken if he didn't.