Player contracts and transfers

David123

3 hours ago, Widge said:

Not a chance United are even thinking about offering players deals right now. They don’t even know what league they’ll be playing in! If Dreys clever, he’ll sign a new deal here (if we pull the finger out and offer a proper one) so he’s got that security and isn’t left in limbo. As it stands he’s looking at being unemployed very soon, which nobody is wanting in this current climate. 

Would Brown/Robertson be offering contracts under the current circumstances?

Edited by rik2304

3 hours ago, Widge said:

Not a chance United are even thinking about offering players deals right now. They don’t even know what league they’ll be playing in! If Dreys clever, he’ll sign a new deal here (if we pull the finger out and offer a proper one) so he’s got that security and isn’t left in limbo. As it stands he’s looking at being unemployed very soon, which nobody is wanting in this current climate. 

I don’t know where you are getting your info from but Utd have most of their squad signed up already bar one or two fringe/ younger players. They have owners who are willing to pay money for players that they identify as required either as a Premier league club or as a club in championship trying to get up. In my opinion I think Drey will be away somewhere else as if he wanted to stay it surely would have been done by now

1 hour ago, tucker said:

I'd imagine Tommy knows who he's keeping and going,time to get the lads signed do that whilst we have plenty time,muzz has extension clause,Liam kane,drey,will all be on the list, Danny,Ando, McMillan will be released

Get that done & we won't have to worry about a season extension. We should have a decent enough team to complete the season.

Just wondering,and not just for Saints,should teams put next seasons season tickets on sale now to help with cash flow. It might persuade those that don't go or only go to cash at the gate to purchase a ticket to help the team out.

I do understand that there will be many that are affected by the present crisis but those who can afford it might do it to help out their club.

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

Just wondering,and not just for Saints,should teams put next seasons season tickets on sale now to help with cash flow. It might persuade those that don't go or only go to cash at the gate to purchase a ticket to help the team out.

I do understand that there will be many that are affected by the present crisis but those who can afford it might do it to help out their club.

I Agree Cagey

• 3 weeks later...

Does Steve Brown have the same ability as Geoff for utilising/exploiting contacts and connections.

Two agents at the top of their game (John Inglis and Allan Preston) yet we rely on Callum Davidson calling players that he used to play with to get a deal done.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5463138/aberdeen-st-johnstone-john-inglis-football-agent-stellar/

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

22 hours ago, dunblanemike said:

I’m the same, so am in the dark on what the story is. Probably just column filler crud anyway.

Basically it’s an article all about Inglis and what a great agent he is along with Alan Preston. Don’t see how this ties into yet another attack against Stevie as I’m sure we have used Alan Preston on occasions.

• 2 weeks later...

Jason Holt says he hopes to be offered a contract from Saints.

Decent player but I don't think we can afford him & I would think Tommy might want to give some of the young guys that have been out on loan given the success with the young guys that have broken through in recent season.

Also Saints will have to draw their belt in.

Think all the loan guys will be allowed to go but would hope we could sign Booth as I don't think we could pick up a better left back.

7 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

The way things are going I can see all of our out of contract players being released. A real shame because we were building some real momentum with this squad and I was feeling pretty positive about what we might be able to do next season.

This is the way I see it too, does Murray have a year option that he can take up? Bit of a shitter if his Saints career ends like this for him. 

13 minutes ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

This is the way I see it too, does Murray have a year option that he can take up? Bit of a shitter if his Saints career ends like this for him. 

I think he does have an option yeah, and he's got a testimonial lined up too so perhaps he'll be spared. Less likely for the others though, I think.

37 minutes ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

22 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I think he does have an option yeah, and he's got a testimonial lined up too so perhaps he'll be spared. Less likely for the others though, I think.

It was mentioned somewhere he had an extension clause that was triggered once he played so many games this season. Sure the writer of the article said he was comfortably past the threshold for it.

27 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

With Saints utilising Furlough. Surely we can still extend contacts, we need a LB and Booth is has fit in well. 

11 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

With Saints utilising Furlough. Surely we can still extend contacts, we need a LB and Booth is has fit in well. 

Presumably the club is still having to pay out a fair whack on top of the furlough money to make up the players' salaries?

We could yet be facing many months without any football or hospitality income for the club - can you really see the Browns extending contracts under those circumstances?

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

The way things are going I can see all of our out of contract players being released. A real shame because we were building some real momentum with this squad and I was feeling pretty positive about what we might be able to do next season.

Was thinking much the same a few weeks back but didn't post as I was sure somebody would have mentioned it and I'd missed it.

Thought we were coming on a game, just before the shut down, after having had a torrid start to the season. Some really positive performances and confidence growing within the squad. Shame if it all now fails to come to fruition but... if the club (and each and everyone of us) survives this, then we will have a lot to be thankful for.