Player contracts and transfers

David123

On 4/23/2020 at 5:37 PM, RandomGuy said:

Youd then have to wash down the entire stadium after every match.

Closed door games would be a huge drain on finances for most clubs aswell.

No idea what the solution is tbh.

Not really, the virus last on hard surfaces for a few days only. 

it might require entrance through the exit doors and leaving the corridor doors open, but I don’t see that being totally unworkable 

On 4/24/2020 at 3:42 PM, blueheaven said:

Yep, and you can bet Hearts would take advantage of it by spending big on players for those last few games. Hibs could potentially do the same to try to hold on to their top 6 place. I think we're already past the cut-off point for there being any possibility of the remaining games being played fairly with existing squads.

I’ve seen that argument quite a bit and I'm not sure I buy it. First off-where’s the evidence hearts have a pile of cash to spend? Secondly, what quality of players are they going to get coming in for an eight game sprint where the most likely outcome is playing next season in the Scottish championship? Hearts already spent a whack of money in January and it didn’t help them one iota.

The bigger issue is that the likes of St Mirren and Ross County and Hamilton could lose big parts of their squad in June. But again, where are they going to go in the short term? And it’s probably easier for them to retain parts of their squad than for Hearts to bring in a better quality of player. You have to assume as well that if, day, St Mirren manage to extend someone’s contract to August they’d still be able to move on for next season if they wanted to.

4 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

I’ve seen that argument quite a bit and I'm not sure I buy it. First off-where’s the evidence hearts have a pile of cash to spend? Secondly, what quality of players are they going to get coming in for an eight game sprint where the most likely outcome is playing next season in the Scottish championship? Hearts already spent a whack of money in January and it didn’t help them one iota.

The bigger issue is that the likes of St Mirren and Ross County and Hamilton could lose big parts of their squad in June. But again, where are they going to go in the short term? And it’s probably easier for them to retain parts of their squad than for Hearts to bring in a better quality of player. You have to assume as well that if, day, St Mirren manage to extend someone’s contract to August they’d still be able to move on for next season if they wanted to.

Ah maybe Ann Budge will be on to her Govan pals to ask fpr some players. Once they lose the league to Celtic they will be able to release some of them to save their pals form Edinburgh. 

On a serious note I have seen a post form Scottish Youth who are possibly extending the cups until August but it is only players eligible at 15 March that can play.  Surely UEFA or FIFA are considering this and wont allow teams to make signings so late in a season.

Butcher says he would be happy to stay with Saints if Bournemouth didn't want him. Like Holt I don't think we could afford him. Tommy bigging up a few of the youngsters so I assume a few of them will be in the squad next season, especially if a 14 team league.

On 4/24/2020 at 5:18 PM, Cagey said:

Thanks for the correction.. As I said I wasn't sure & hoped someone would know for definate.

I thought it paid for a mini bus.

The word at the time was that the fee from County paid for the minibus and drainage work on the training pitch. Spoony was a free agent so i would have thought he only part of that deal that would have paid for him would have been Brittans wages. 

31 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Hootsman showing players out of contract at the end of May.

Johnstone, Wright, Ando, Booth, Callachan, Davidson,  Craig, Northcott, Kane, Mc Millan, Swanson, (Robertson, & Hamilton.)

Ando,Callachan, McMillan,Swanson & Johnstone will be allowed to go with Sinclair being 3rd goalie.

Hopefully Booth,Davidson,  Craig,& Kane will be resigned. There is a chance with the present situation Wright might just see Saints as a safe option.

Tommy was saying positive things about Robertson & Hamilton in Courier & I don't think they will be hard to deal with so they may get kept on. Not sure about Northcott. He is a wee bit wee but not easy put of the ball & I think Tommy likes him. Might sign then loaned.

Think if Tommy does all that we will not see many new signings if any.

Edited by Cagey

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

Ando,Callachan, McMillan,Swanson & Johnstone will be allowed to go with Sinclair being 3rd goalie.

Hopefully Booth,Davidson,  Craig,& Kane will be resigned. There is a chance with the present situation Wright might just see Saints as a safe option.

Tommy was saying positive things about Robertson & Hamilton in Courier & I don't think they will be hard to deal with so they may get kept on. Not sure about Northcott. He is a wee bit wee but not easy put of the ball & I think Tommy likes him. Might sign then loaned.

Think if Tommy does all that we will not see many new signings if any.

Still think Danny could do a job for us

3 hours ago, sixties saintee said:

Still think Danny could do a job for us

The Danny of a couple of seasons ago would be great but since he came back he has been poor. I think a few personal problems affected him like his mates death & his assault on the bouncer.

He also looked a bit plump & I don't think a couple of months off will have done him any favours.