Player contracts and transfers

David123

34 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Not if they have furloughed the players which with the exception of 6 they have staff which i think iincludes Liam, Jason, Alec C. so unless they are paying the other 20% will have no costs at present.  

Furlough extended til end of July at least. Is it possible to keep the out of contract players on with the understanding they will get only the furlough payment. Doubt it.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Callum Booth, Steven Anderson, Liam Craig, Murray Davidson, Ross Callachan, Danny Swanson, Drey Wright, Chris Kane, David McMillan. 

Cheers.

Booth, Craig, Davidson, Wright & Kane might be kept on.

Ando, Callachan, Swanson (confirmed) , McMillan likely to be free to go.

Edited by HOODLUM65

24 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Furlough extended til end of July at least. Is it possible to keep the out of contract players on with the understanding they will get only the furlough payment. Doubt it.

Furlough payment of 80% of extended contract might be more appealing than 100% of sod all.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

But I would suspect all the players on furlough will only be receiving the 80 percent payment.  I would doubt of they could remain on furlough when not employed by us would need to move to unemployment payment. 

3 minutes ago, mainstand said:

But I would suspect all the players on furlough will only be receiving the 80 percent payment.  I would doubt of they could remain on furlough when not employed by us would need to move to unemployment payment. 

I would have thought they were getting £2500 as I would have thought 80% of their wage would be more than £2500.

7 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Given the extra money from a 6th placed finish and having virtually zero wages outgoing, Saints might be in a position to be relatively 'generous' with short term contracts on the provision that players understand they will be freed. Upside is it's the right thing to do, but also breeds good squad unity at a time we need as much of that as we can get. Would be zero cost to saints, but potentially big gains.

The likes of Anderson deserve more from Saints than just being let go at the end of his contract, when there is no realistic possibility of getting a deal elsewhere at the moment.

We messed up years ago with Alan Fergusson, let's not be dicks again. 

Presumably when these guys get to the end of their contracts, no-one is signing players at the moment, so they effectively become unemployed. However, Saints are also not signing anyone, and could end up with a very small squad when things start up again. It would seem sensible to me to offer some sort of short term/temporary contracts, maybe even rolling contracts, to keep these players on the books and in the game if possible. I'm not sure though how that would work with furlough rules and also league rules on contracts.

The risk otherwise may be that come the eventual start of the season, while there may be many free agents out there, every other club will be in the same position as us and we cannot guarantee getting the players we would want. Alternatively, are we planning to run with the youth players next season, bearing in mind those who would normally be expected to go out on loan may not be able to do so? (Do loans have to be arranged during the transfer window? Will there be any change/flexibility with the window?)

Whatever happens, I do feel that if a new permanent manager is coming in, it would probably be better to get them in sooner rather than later so that they can have input into these decisions - it is them that will have to work with whatever squad we have.

Bear in mind the furlough payments will end as soon as employees take instruction from the employer. So as soon as training begins, or even earlier if players are given personal fitness plans. Given what St Nicola said today, contactless training could start before the end of the month. This means decisions need to be taken quickly re contracts. I think this might mean players are even more likely to be let go.The key issue for Broon is less the gap between now and when games resume, but the gap between now and when spectators are allowed and income is received. That could be six months or more. Are they really going to re-sign players under these circumstances? Maybe, for diddy money, or if you’re key to the team. As others have said, the poor sods can’t go anywhere else, and they’ll mostly still be available when the time comes. Might be one or two premature retirements.

1 hour ago, TheYellowBox said:

Given the extra money from a 6th placed finish and having virtually zero wages outgoing, Saints might be in a position to be relatively 'generous' with short term contracts on the provision that players understand they will be freed. Upside is it's the right thing to do, but also breeds good squad unity at a time we need as much of that as we can get. Would be zero cost to saints, but potentially big gains.

The likes of Anderson deserve more from Saints than just being let go at the end of his contract, when there is no realistic possibility of getting a deal elsewhere at the moment.

No offence friend, I like your post good sound stuff, but the extra money for 6th place is £13k.

22 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

I'm sure it's £125,000

Scottish Premiership Prize Money 2019-20 (Revealed)

League Standings Prize Money Share for Each Club 1st Position £3.35 million 13.40% 2nd Position £2.4 million 9.60% 3rd Position £2.06 million 8.25% 4th Position £1.81 million 7.25% 5th Position £1.68 million 6.75% 6th Position £1.56 million 6.25% 7th Position £1.43 million  5.75% 8th Position £1.37 million 5.50% 9th Position £1.31 million 5.25% 10th Position £1.25 million 5.00% 11th Position £1.18 million 4.75% 12th Position £1.12 million 4.50%

Found this breakdown so £130,000 difference.

44 minutes ago, Widge said:

I mean it’s about 10 times that?

1 hour ago, south inch said:

No offence friend, I like your post good sound stuff, but the extra money for 6th place is £13k.

5 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

League Standings Prize Money Share for Each Club 1st Position £3.35 million 13.40% 2nd Position £2.4 million 9.60% 3rd Position £2.06 million 8.25% 4th Position £1.81 million 7.25% 5th Position £1.68 million 6.75% 6th Position £1.56 million 6.25% 7th Position £1.43 million  5.75% 8th Position £1.37 million 5.50% 9th Position £1.31 million 5.25% 10th Position £1.25 million 5.00% 11th Position £1.18 million 4.75% 12th Position £1.12 million 4.50%

That's that settled. Thanks.

Since Kyle doesn't bother anymore...

St Johnstone 2020/21

Goalkeepers

1: Zander Clark (27) - 2022

12: Elliot Parish (29) - 2021

N/A: Ross Sinclair (19) - 2021

Defenders

2: Wallace Duffy (21) - 2021

3: Scott Tanser (25) - 2021

4: Jamie McCart (22) - 2022

15: Jason Kerr (23) - 2022

23: Liam Gordon (24) - 2021

N/A: Shaun Rooney (23) - 20??

Midfielders

10: David Wotherspoon (30) - 2021

18: Ali McCann (20) - 2023

17: Michael O'Halloran (29) - 2021

Strikers

14: Stevie May (27) - 2021

22: Callum Hendry (22) - 2022

Contracts expiring Summer 2020: Max Johnstone, Callum Booth, Steven Anderson, Liam Craig, Drey Wright, Chris Kane, David McMillan.

Contract expiring but offered new deal: Murray Davidson.

Contract expiring and free to leave: Danny Swanson.

Loan players leaving: Anthony Ralston, Jason Holt, Matt Butcher, Izzy Jones.

Edited by RandomGuy

Need to add in Rooney.

Booth & Craig must be kept, but I'm slightly concerned that their talking about Davidson being offered a contract, but nothing about the others. I think whether you offer Wright a contract depends on what other offers might be coming his way, what wage he's currently on, etc. In normal times, I'd like to see us offer Holt and Butcher contracts.

4 hours ago, Cagey said:

I would have thought they were getting £2500 as I would have thought 80% of their wage would be more than £2500.

Yeah I suspect most will be on the max of £2.5k per month. 

As a club I don't know if saints are making the players wages up to the basic or if they are only receiving the furlough payment. 

3 hours ago, Widge said:

I mean it’s about 10 times that?

doh forgot about the 0

21 minutes ago, cristo said:

W

2 hours ago, Templar Saint said:

2 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

I'm sure it's £125,000

I stand corrected, I will take my books to the back of the class and stay there.

5 hours ago, TheYellowBox said:

Apologies, your post is even better than I thought.  I used to be able to count.