Player contracts and transfers

David123

• 1 month later...
53 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Paul Paton signs for East Kilbride. Found his level at last.

I think that's a bit unfair; he was decent player at the Terrors and he was deperate to make it with us but admitted he couldn't get to grip with our style of play. He was an honest pro- good luck to him.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

I thought Paton was an OK player for us. Can't really understand why anyone would take a dig at him.

I didn't rate him his passing was abysmal.

To open another can of worms John Sutton was another player I didn't want us to sign & that may have been what coloured by opinion.

And before you ask Mainstand I can't think of any others I was against signing.

12 hours ago, Cagey said:

Paul Paton signs for East Kilbride. Found his level at last.

Horrible thing to say about a very decent player and very nice guy. This "found his level" crap really pees me off. I mean about anyone, not just Pates. 

He played his part for us and another couple of clubs after that, things haven't worked out for various reasons. 

Nah, just F off with comments like that.

2 minutes ago, cristo said:

Horrible thing to say about a very decent player and very nice guy. This "found his level" crap really pees me off. I mean about anyone, not just Pates. 

He played his part for us and another couple of clubs after that, things haven't worked out for various reasons. 

Nah, just F off with comments like that.

They didn't work out for a reason unfortunately Pates.

*gets giant spoon out to stir the pot*

I don't listen to the radio so never heard it myself, but apparently an agent was on saying a top flight side has told him they won't be sactioning signings until the window officially opens.

The window doesn't have an official opening date yet, that I can find. Just speculation itll be any time between now and July 27th.

Guess the only top flight side who havent made any signings this Summer (obviously ignoring pre contract signings)...

56 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

I don't listen to the radio so never heard it myself, but apparently an agent was on saying a top flight side has told him they won't be sactioning signings until the window officially opens.

The window doesn't have an official opening date yet, that I can find. Just speculation itll be any time between now and July 27th.

Guess the only top flight side who havent made any signings this Summer (obviously ignoring pre contract signings)...

He also mentioned they have a possible issue as Scotland's close of the signing period will be before England as it had opened for a few days and then closed again. 

Thought he said it was opening this week. The 13th would allow the right amount of weeks so it would close on date set by uefa.  So maybe SFA are delaying it to accommodate the days we already had it open.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Saints ,the only team playing by the rules ?. As MS says we might see something after 13th.

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

What rules?

You can sign players whenever you want.

You can maybe sign them butyou you can not register and I doubt if they can even play as a trialist as they would have been registered at the end of the previous transfer window closing. 

Unless there are special rules under the current circumstances.