Player contracts and transfers

David123

9 minutes ago, mainstand said:

You can maybe sign them butyou you can not register and I doubt if they can even play as a trialist as they would have been registered at the end of the previous transfer window closing. 

Unless there are special rules under the current circumstances. 

Well Drey Wright doesn't officially join Hibs until July 26th, yet has been training for them for the past 2 weeks and played in a friendly for them yesterday.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Well Drey Wright doesn't officially join Hibs until July 26th, yet has been training for them for the past 2 weeks and played in a friendly for them yesterday.

possibly because his contratc has expired so he will now be a free agent. Mayeb the club concerned are looking at loan signings who would still be registered with their parent club and could not register for any other club.

3 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

Dundee struggling financially. Kane Hemmings refusing a cut in wages... 

Worth a try? 

Thought it might be Hemmings as he is just back from England & can afford to make a stand I would imagine.

Has 2 years left of his contract do not sure what Dundee can do except suspend him but would think they would still have to pay his full wages for 2 years.

No I don't want us to sign him even if we did need another striker.

Edited by Cagey
Blooming predictive text.

12 hours ago, Cagey said:

Thought it might be Hemmings as he is just back from England & can afford to make a stand I would imagine.

Has 2 years left of his contract do not sure what Dundee can do except suspend him but would think they would still have to pay his full wages for 2 years.

No I don't want us to sign him even if we did need another striker.

They're threatening to suspend his contract: so he'd still be contracted to them, but not getting paid. It's explained here: https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/1439264/dundee-fc-kane-hemmings-pfa-scotland-contract/

For all everyone talks about the Browns being tight with the old fists, I have to say I'm really pleased that among all this there hasn't even been a whisper of Saints treating staff/players in this way. Shame on the clubs who have been throwing money around while at the same time pressuring people to take pay cuts.

19 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

They're threatening to suspend his contract: so he'd still be contracted to them, but not getting paid. It's explained here: https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/1439264/dundee-fc-kane-hemmings-pfa-scotland-contract/

For all everyone talks about the Browns being tight with the old fists, I have to say I'm really pleased that among all this there hasn't even been a whisper of Saints treating staff/players in this way. Shame on the clubs who have been throwing money around while at the same time pressuring people to take pay cuts.

Dundee look bad but I don't think anyone is coming near Hibs. They are asking players to take a wage cut, give up win bonuses, performance money etc for the season. they are looking at making the kit man along with 70 other staff redundant, can only assume they will use younger players to do the kit. And then at the same time they fork out £250k for a player and add three new players wages to the payroll :shock:

1 hour ago, mainstand said:

Dundee look bad but I don't think anyone is coming near Hibs. They are asking players to take a wage cut, give up win bonuses, performance money etc for the season. they are looking at making the kit man along with 70 other staff redundant, can only assume they will use younger players to do the kit. And then at the same time they fork out £250k for a player and add three new players wages to the payroll :shock:

Yep, I’ve found that absolutely outrageous to be honest. How they can justify those actions is beyond belief and if I was a player I’d be telling them to shove their pay-cut.

Just now, SlickDT said:

Yep, I’ve found that absolutely outrageous to be honest. How they can justify those actions is beyond belief and if I was a player I’d be telling them to shove their pay-cut.

Following Bosman the power transferred totally to the players, wo dictated arrangements and contracts, The pandemic has moved the power slightly back towards the clubs, but they need to be careful cause treating the players in the way some are doing will just be a rod for their own back. 

2 hours ago, mainstand said:

Yep, and if you look at how their fans are reacting on social media they appear to think it's one big hilarious joke. And what's also annoyed me is that when the media report on these new signings they completely follow the Hibs PR line without questioning what they're doing at all. This is the same Hibs who were supposedly one of the most financially secure clubs in the country and were better equipped than anyone else outside Celtic to deal with the lockdown. Just goes to show how much stock should really be put in some of the figures that get chucked about social media and forums.

70 staff though... I'm amazed Hibs even had that many members of staff in the first place. I wonder how many Saints have, excluding players.

It's been quite interesting to see the behaviour of some of these clubs who are supposedly so much bigger than Saints, yet they can't finish above us in the league and now they apparently can't look after their staff either.

3 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Yep, and if you look at how their fans are reacting on social media they appear to think it's one big hilarious joke. And what's also annoyed me is that when the media report on these new signings they completely follow the Hibs PR line without questioning what they're doing at all. This is the same Hibs who were supposedly one of the most financially secure clubs in the country and were better equipped than anyone else outside Celtic to deal with the lockdown. Just goes to show how much stock should really be put in some of the figures that get chucked about social media and forums.

70 staff though... I'm amazed Hibs even had that many members of staff in the first place. I wonder how many Saints have, excluding players.

It's been quite interesting to see the behaviour of some of these clubs who are supposedly so much bigger than Saints, yet they can't finish above us in the league and now they apparently can't look after their staff either.

Most folk seem to believe the Hibs figures, in terms of number of staff being laid off, is being massively exaggerated by the media.

It also makes sense for football clubs to "streamline" in terms of diverting money towards the first team.

I don't agree with them spending £250k on a player after laying people off, but I don't disagree with laying people off to maintain, or supplement, the playing squad. Football clubs have more need for players than office staff or coaches.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Most folk seem to believe the Hibs figures, in terms of number of staff being laid off, is being massively exaggerated by the media.

It also makes sense for football clubs to "streamline" in terms of diverting money towards the first team.

I don't agree with them spending £250k on a player after laying people off, but I don't disagree with laying people off to maintain, or supplement, the playing squad. Football clubs have more need for players than office staff or coaches.

70, 50, 40...???? It's still a significant number.

Is it really streamlining into the first team when existing first team players are taking wage cuts and losing bonuses ect?

I've always thought Hibs as a bit of a joke, but they're setting themselves up for a massive fall. Can't see it being a happy camp.

Saints seem pretty united through all of this. Thankfully we don't have any £250,000 super strikers from Dumfermiline who his new team mates probably won't pass to. 

Personally, I'd rather have a kit man. 

13 minutes ago, Brian Potter said:

70, 50, 40...???? It's still a significant number.

Is it really streamlining into the first team when existing first team players are taking wage cuts and losing bonuses ect?

I've always thought Hibs as a bit of a joke, but they're setting themselves up for a massive fall. Can't see it being a happy camp.

Saints seem pretty united through all of this. Thankfully we don't have any £250,000 super strikers from Dumfermiline who his new team mates probably won't pass to. 

Personally, I'd rather have a kit man. 

Clubs have gone months without serious income, barring season ticket sales which are meant to sustain clubs throughout the season. Aberdeen have been losing £1m a month, and will face reduced income this season.

Every single part of football club will face cuts, to me it makes sense to try and maintain the footballing side as best as possible, as ultimately that's what makes you money.

I don't agree with spending transfer fees, like Hibs and Hearts have been doing, but I don't think its scandalous to lay off non-playing staff while trying to strengthen the playing staff.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Clubs have gone months without serious income, barring season ticket sales which are meant to sustain clubs throughout the season. Aberdeen have been losing £1m a month, and will face reduced income this season.

Every single part of football club will face cuts, to me it makes sense to try and maintain the footballing side as best as possible, as ultimately that's what makes you money.

I don't agree with spending transfer fees, like Hibs and Hearts have been doing, but I don't think its scandalous to lay off non-playing staff while trying to strengthen the playing staff.

By all accounts Hibs and Aberdeen have sold over 10,000 season tickets which is decent money, but yeah obviously every club is bleeding money right now.

Don't get me wrong I want Hibs to fail on the pitch but the way their going about it is so wrong. I also question how laying off coaches and a kit man is going to benefit the first team. 

Must be a very unsettling atmosphere at Easter Road.

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

if we look at Saints 4 food kiosks X 4 staff= 16 !  hospitality bars, saints Lounge bar= 5, main kitchen staff =5. Assume turnstile operators. car park attendees, program sellers are volunteers at Saints  but may not be at Hibs so = 20.

that is 46 potential jobs at Saints that are not needed when no fans in the ground i would think Hibs would have double that probably? .   

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

The average no of employees in the accounts is 111 including 76 playing and coaching staff. Not sure how many the parent company will employ in addition to that. Hibs obviously have a large conference area so probably quite a few part time employees. Shop is also open full time. Tehy also have the training centre whihc is operated full time. 

The mothballing of the academy will result in a good few players and coaches being disposed of. 

Strangest is the kitman how the hell can they operate with one. Pretty sure his missus is the assistant kit person so will be interesting to see what they do.

3 hours ago, Brian Potter said:

Serious question on this. Will the players have to wash and iron their own kits now?

We stopped doing that at about 14 year old.

The players have to turn up at training in their kit so assume they do. Maybe have a change with them & throw kit in a bag but thought they couldn't go in the stadium.

Random will know. 

4 hours ago, Brian Potter said:
4 hours ago, Brian Potter said:

By all accounts Hibs and Aberdeen have sold over 10,000 season tickets which is decent money, but yeah obviously every club is bleeding money right now.

Don't get me wrong I want Hibs to fail on the pitch but the way their going about it is so wrong. I also question how laying off coaches and a kit man is going to benefit the first team. 

Must be a very unsettling atmosphere at Easter Road.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

I know clubs are losing our and are trying to look after the pennies. But instead of coming out with comments about having 4 months without income they need to be true to themselves and the fans

1. They lost out on 4 possibly 5 home matches.

2. They should not have budgeted for any income in June and part of may

3. The expenditure planned for on players wages will be significantly reduced due to furlough so actually a gain in budget

4 sales of season tickets are probably higher than budgeted 

5. The cost of covid testing will be covered by Anderson's money

6. The big hit to teams like Hibs and saints will be in non footballing where they have daily income from conference facilities and in Hibs case also their club shop. This is obviously why they are looking at reducing the non footballing costs.

The big issue is obviously the coming season and with no income for X weeks they are trying to cut their overheads to a minimum.

2 hours ago, bankfoot saint said:

No thanks 

Based on?

Whilst he's getting on in age, his game was never based on pace and his assist stats have remained solid. Not that I'm an advocate of this type of signing, you just need to look at Chris Burke to know ruling out a player based on age isn't a good idea.