Player contracts and transfers

David123

Two players on loan from Millwall. Fills some of the positions we needed back-up for. I imagine we’ll sign a winger and that’d be all we need. Davidson keeps talking about this “front 3”. I wonder how they’re are going to line up: May, Hendry & MOH?

30 minutes ago, Linky said:

Two players on loan from Millwall. Fills some of the positions we needed back-up for. I imagine we’ll sign a winger and that’d be all we need. Davidson keeps talking about this “front 3”. I wonder how they’re are going to line up: May, Hendry & MOH?

Isaac Olaofe(striker) and Danny McNamara(right back)

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

7 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

7 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Can't be in Millwalls plans as their seasons are still live.

34 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Both out on loan to league 2 sides last season.

Not sure how much Callum will know about them but I am sure he wouldn't bring them up blind just to make up the numbers.

Still need another midfielder. Pity Lawless has gone.

I think this is certainly preferable to signing OF youngsters on loan, or old jobbers full-time to fill the spaces in the squad. I imagine we are paying peanuts for them, which means we can focus funds on first-team players. If we are playing 5-2-3, I imagine we will be:

Clark

Rooney Gordon McCart Kerr Booth

McCann Davidson

New signing    May/Hendry     Wotherspoon

I'd say a back-up centre midfielder in addition to Craig would be helpful, although Wotherspoon could always play there if needed. May can play out left if required I suppose. I'm not sure that Conway is the answer.

24 minutes ago, cristo said:

I'm sure the manager knows them both well enough, so welcome aboard you two. Are they full season loans or just the pointless six month version?

Says season long loan but I am sure they are down on some 

sites as been out of contract with Millwall.

Hope our younge guys are not sidelined by someone else's 20 year olds.

3 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I think this is going to be a big step up for them - even if just one of them becomes a first team regular and can offer us something different then I think that will probably be a good result for us.

I imagine both of them are just squad fillers. Nothing wrong with that, as it’s needed. I imagine, fitting with the Chairman’s idea that you only need 11 players anyway, we’re putting our budget into first-team players and this is a key way to save money. Again, nothing wrong with that in theory.

Olaofe is someone who can play “all across the front 3” according to the manager. Not sure if that means he’s a winger, or quite what this front three is going to look like. Are they playing out wide or are we loading the box with 3 central strikers? Do we have 2 playing just behind May?

If so, we might not need a winger, but a second striker to play next to Hendry, behind May.

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Isn't Wallace Duffy our back-up right-back?

I wonder if the manager sees him more a central player. 

don’t think it benefits players too much to be flexible and play multiple positions. It was probably detrimental to Ando as a youngster. 

Get them in their best position and work on that in training. 

On 7/15/2020 at 1:48 PM, dunblanemike said:

Maybe that Welsh guy who is unhappy at his club in Spain?! 

Poor man's Leigh Jenkinson.

On signings etc, interesting that John Robertson is getting mentioned by coaches etc. If Robertson wants to progress, he should be looking to be the 3rd striker after Hendry and May and given Kane only got a 6 month deal, do it in the first half of the season and essentially steal Kanes place in the squad by the turn of the year.