Player contracts and transfers

David123

16 hours ago, Templar Saint said:

The questions are:

Who could we afford?

Which of them, if any would be good enough for Saints?

and more importantly

Why would we want a bunch of losers who ship eight goals?

Saw a brilliant quote on twitter which explained Barca had actually done really, really well because they scored two goals against a team good enough to score eight goals against Barca. It sort of makes sense in a weird way.

• 9 months later...
On 12/3/2019 at 1:20 PM, blueheaven said:

Another suggestion: not sure what his contract situation is but I'd like to see Saints take a look at Ricardo Santos at Barnet. 6'6 central defender - big, strong, athletic player who commands his defence and distributes the ball well. Has also played in League One for Peterborough.

https://www.barnetfc.com/teams/first-team/defender/ricardo-santos/

Purely for the purposes of being smug, I wanted to mention that Ricardo Santos, who I mentioned on here a while back as a defender we should look at, went on to sign for Bolton Wanderers and has just been named their Player of the Year (as well as winning the EFL League Two Player of the Month award in February).

29 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Purely for the purposes of being smug, I wanted to mention that Ricardo Santos, who I mentioned on here a while back as a defender we should look at, went on to sign for Bolton Wanderers and has just been named their Player of the Year (as well as winning the EFL League Two Player of the Month award in February).

I recall this and thought you were blethering. Well done

• 8 months later...
On 11/18/2019 at 11:58 AM, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

Folk turning their noses up saying Ambrose is a bomb scare?

He would instantly improve our defence, then when fit would probably be our best player. We probably have no chance of it happening anyway but some folk need a reality check on the standard of your average Saints player.

Thoughts?

632D64B9-5768-4EC9-B31D-B9A9C6E16814.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Linfield on BBC I player Tuesday night so hopefully we will see him for more than 10 mins.

David Healy, Linfield Manager, says after failing to win 3 games, one being in the cup, ‘We were proud holders of the cup from last year and to give it up the way we did and in the manner we did was disappointing’. 

Eetu will feel at home if he goes.

They are, however, 2nd Top.

Edited by Saintdunc

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

That was before the tests that show he is actually 5 years older than his birth certificate date,  if we had had him 5 years earlier.......

Where you been hiding dude .I thought you had got a free transfer out of here .

12 hours ago, saintgscot said:

Is big viv still looking for a game. Unfortunate for him hope he safe for me always welcome back if needing to play just now.

He posted on Instagram last week that he'd been in Turkey at a training camp with his new club for the last three weeks. Hopefully they remained outside Ukraine and are well out of the way along with their families. The Ukrainian league has now been suspended anyway.