Player contracts and transfers

David123

45 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

One to keep an eye on then. I completely forgot the game was on, wanted to watch Josh Rae.

That’s the player, big and strong and led the line really well, had a super lay off for their goal and impressed all game.

On 3/2/2022 at 11:00 AM, akuram said:

That’s the player, big and strong and led the line really well, had a super lay off for their goal and impressed all game.

FWIW

QOS.thumb.png.b1a41c5fbcb0b261a334c5f75a479981.png

With the knowledge this is from Championship level, I'm not sure we'd be that desperate to look at him as a starting striker. Doesn't seem great in front of goal our in terms of keeping possession. I do wonder how a Tade type would've looked in terms of numbers at that age though, physicality can be a huge thing in the Championship.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, akuram said:

McCann subbed off tonight at half time, what a waste, should have stayed, serves him right for being big headed.

Are you for real? Do you honestly think he was better staying here where he had won everything he could win, rather than moving for SIXTEEN times his salary in Perth to challenge himself at a higher level? 

Get a grip. 

• 1 month later...

St Johnstone defender Jamie McCart has put contract talks "on the back burner" for now but is not ruling out an extended stay at McDiarmid Park. (Courier)

Reading between the lines if we get relegated he is off. If he gets a better offer he is offf no matter what.

2 hours ago, Johnny B said:

St Johnstone defender Jamie McCart has put contract talks "on the back burner" for now but is not ruling out an extended stay at McDiarmid Park. (Courier)

Reading between the lines if we get relegated he is off. If he gets a better offer he is offf no matter what.

Unfortunately that’s the way of the modern footy world but in saying that how many SPL teams would be in for him?

Muller, Dendoncker, Devine - Far too inexperienced to step up to a side that was in our position.

Vertainen- Never given a chance. Possibly due to internal issues between manager and HoR? Fee paid.

Cleary- passable although questions asked when faced with pace. Kerr replacement given the managers preferred style but a massive downgrade.

Gallacher- some potential but too inexperienced to properly improve the side.

Hallberg- started strongly but regression recently. Probably the best signing this season.

Mahon - who knows :laugh: Fee paid though.

Bair- who knows :laugh: Fee paid again.

Ciftci - impressed early against Hearts but dreadful since injury return. Signed on reputation IMO.

Crawford- decent contract handed out. Absolute wage thief.

MacPherson- another wage thief. Fee paid :huh:

Hector-Ingram - :laugh:

Butterfield - shite and immobile. Likes a day out at Parkhead though. Hi mum!! 

Solomon-Otabor - good reputation but didn't deliver much.

Effin Ambrose - praised by management early on. Punted for being a bombscare.

Hendry- not fancied by management and farmed out. Brought back as other options didn't want to sign and looking like the only player that might score. Probably the player of the year :laugh:

Brown - signed permanently after the double. Definition of journeyman.

What a ****ing shower. 

Some amount of money pissed away and we have to suffer the real dross because they've got long contracts.

We used to laugh at other clubs for this type of shambles.

Edited by rik2304

6 minutes ago, rik2304 said:

Muller, Dendoncker, Devine - Far too inexperienced to step up to a side that was in our position.

Vertainen- Never given a chance. Possibly due to internal issues between manager and HoR? Fee paid.

Cleary- passable although questions asked when faced with pace. Kerr replacement given the managers preferred style but a massive downgrade.

Hallberg- started strongly but regression recently. Probably the best signing this season.

Ciftci - impressed early against Hearts but dreadful since injury return. Signed on reputation IMO.

Hendry- not fancied by management and farmed out. Brought back as other options didn't want to sign and looking like the only player that might score. Probably the player of the year :laugh:

What a ****ing shower. 

Some amount of money pissed away and we have to suffer the real dross because they've got long contracts.

You have just summerised why Davidson has to go and summer up all the signings accurately.

It was obvious while they were on loan tha Crawford and McPherson were not up to it yet he gave them 2.5 years contracts. That's when the writing was on the wall.

I fear for the club falling into the abyss. Relegation looms and who will be in the squad next season. Those out of contract will desert the sinking ship should they get a better offer. How many have relegation clauses in their contracts And with Davidson at the helm with  his transfer record we could be looking at successive relegations. But I am getting ahead of schedule  I will repost after the play off.

All those who thought I was doom and gloom about his rigid formation and tacti's it about to come to fruition. He flatly refused to play 4 at the back so muh so he played full backs in the 3 Rooney and Brown being a couple of examples. His stubbornness. is his biggest enemy 

I think we have enough players under contract for next season unless lots of them have release clauses"we can only wish".

We have a lot coming back off loan as well so I can't see too many coming in as we have already spunked thousands on dross.

3 hours ago, Cagey said:

I think we have enough players under contract for next season unless lots of them have release clauses"we can only wish".

We have a lot coming back off loan as well so I can't see too many coming in as we have already spunked thousands on dross.

This is a worry for me. Often the best way to recover after relegation is to have a clear out. We have to many players signed up to make that possible.

19 hours ago, rik2304 said:

What a ****ing shower. 

I agree with most of your assessment but I think the truly worrying thing this misses is that most or a lot of these players looked promising when they first arrived, only for their performances to nose-dive after a few weeks of being coached into Davidson's system.

People were raving about Muller and Devine during pre-season. Eetu had a very promising debut against Rangers where he looked up for it and eager to attack and even show a bit of flair. Hallberg looked a class act in his first few games and chipped in with several assists. Ciftci, Crawford and MacPherson also arguably had decent starts to varying extents. Ambrose cruised through his first couple of games. Butterfield looked eager to take the ball from the defence, play it on the deck and even played a few decent through balls (when do we ever see Saints midfielders playing through balls??).

There's no way these guys are all bad footballers or even necessarily bad signings. But as soon as they arrive they're being asked to fit into an ineffective system and you can literally sit and watch their performance levels go backwards with every passing game. What a club of Saints' size really, really needs is a manager who can get the best out of players and get them playing above themselves. What we don't need is to waste a pot of money on new player after new player after new player in the hope that one of them is somehow going to be magically better than the last.

9 hours ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

Think I saw he went off injured in the first 10 mins last week

He lasted 10 minutes in the final game of the season before having to go off. In the previous 2 games, which were on TV, he played some nice football at times, and despite being the lone striker, tracked back  to help out in defence. There is a raw talented footballer in him that could possibly be developed into a decent striker.