Player contracts and transfers

David123

21 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Even if we could, would Callum use him?

He is match fit and could definitely do a job for us if the rules permit it 

Hendry was another player not rated and look at what he has done for us thankfully 

Not to be conflated with thinking it'll be easy but one of the main reasons I don't fear relegation is the idea that, obviously under a new manager, we can build a team around guys like Vertainen, Kucheriavyi, Ballantyne etc... down a league. 

More energy, more flair, more attacking intent. 

Yes, that bubble will be burst when Morton win 1-0 at McDiarmid at September but for now, we can dream... 

• 2 weeks later...

I had a dream last night!

If you want some light hearted nonsensical entertainment, whilst we struggle to avoid the ignominy of relegation, what about trying to push the boat out for next season, if we manage to?

Tom Cairney, veteran of Fulham, still playing well after sitting out some of the season with injury, and leading them back to the EPL. It would be great to see him in a Saints team for a couple of seasons to end his career. :wink:

Barry Bannan, midfield lynchpin at Wednesday, coming to the end of his career but more than capable of playing at the top level in Scotland.:wink:

Both of them well thought of at their respective clubs. 

On waking I remembered our manager was Callum and he was still the boss.:cry:

10 hours ago, Linky said:

The scariest thing is that McCart, Clark, Rooney & Hendry look like they’re leaving, and who will Davidson bring in to replace them? Those are arguably our 4 best players. 

Add a huge chunk of our midfield to that - Bryson, Craig, Davidson, Butterfield all out of contract and presumably not staying on (although I wonder if Craig will remain at the club as player-coach?). There's a helluva lot of work to be done in the summer, and I guess the uncertainty over what league we're going to be in will mean we're restricted in how much early planning can be done. 

37 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Add a huge chunk of our midfield to that - Bryson, Craig, Davidson, Butterfield all out of contract and presumably not staying on (although I wonder if Craig will remain at the club as player-coach?). There's a helluva lot of work to be done in the summer, and I guess the uncertainty over what league we're going to be in will mean we're restricted in how much early planning can be done. 

Just highlights the utter calamity that this season has been. 

8 minutes ago, sixties saintee said:

Won't hud ma breath

Well one of the journos that staunchly defends Davidson regularly hints that much of the "planning" for the squad building and transfers is amateurish at best. And had been for a few years now.

36 minutes ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

How can you tell that from last night?

There's been little positive chat about retaining these guys from the club.

Other than Davidson being clear he expects Clark to be off. And the general not thinking about it :laugh: from McCart. 

From the impact that Hendry had made they should be busting the bank to keep him either to keep us in the league or spearhead a promotion.

2 hours ago, rik2304 said:

Well one of the journos that staunchly defends Davidson regularly hints that much of the "planning" for the squad building and transfers is amateurish at best. And had been for a few years now.

The difference is we don't usually splash as much cash as we have done - I think we will be seeing a return to bank balance being sat on.

3 hours ago, rik2304 said:

"planning" amateurish

Planning 

a. Lei's wait and see who signs a new contract

b. We need to hold off just incase any of the players are sold

c. Close to deadline day who is left in the free transfer market

d. Season started we better panic sign to give us a squad that will fit 3 5 1

That is our planning strategy  amateurish ues I would agree with that

Edited by Johnny B

6 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I would also suggest that, given the size of the squad, he won't be given much in the way of funds even if we stay up. I'd expect Davidson to be given another year. I think Craig has something lined up elsewhere.

7 hours ago, blueheaven said:

And most of the ones that are signed are not first team quality.

2 hours ago, MrBored said:

I see the Courier is reporting that Dendoncker has been released by Brighton.

A bit raw but worth a deal I reckon as back up ...think he could become a decent player with a bit of time.

Nice to hear from you Callum!

Just you concentrate on winning this playoff though and then maybe a year travelling the world?

26 minutes ago, Shibbydoo said:

Nice to hear from you Callum!

Just you concentrate on winning this playoff though and then maybe a year travelling the world?

Will do...still deciding on what formation to play though....what do you suggest 3-5-2? After all that's got me to four finals in the past two years.

**now that I think about it, its probably technically three finals!

Edited by MrBored