Player contracts and transfers

David123

We need an attacking midfielder in quicky at the club as nobody at the moment can play that role. Surprised we wern't in for Paul Cairney as he would have suited us well.

In our formation we have attacking midfielders Croft, Wotherspoon and O'Halloran (the fourth was Hasslebaink) they are wide players who supported our front two. TW may be planning to change our formation this year as he wants an attacking central and left wide midfielder. Personally I would keep the winning formula with two defensive midfielders and two wide attacking midfielders

There seems to be a bit of an obsession on here to sign players released by Hibs.  Thankfully Ryan McGivern has already moved to Port Vale.  

We definitely need a defensive/central midfielder and this should be the priority if we are going with 4-2-3-1 type formation again.  I thought Dunne and Millar played very well together as that two and it seemed to work.  Dunne is definitely not irreplaceable but need somebody else to come in.  It is a bit concerning that Wright does not seem to be in a position to make any offers to players yet going by his interview though.

O'Halloran, Croft and Wotherspoon are fine as the attacking midfielders with Davidson hopefully adding another (very different) option to that if he can get back fit.  Don't really see where Goodwillie fits into any of this and don't share the excitement of others concerning him.  This has nothing to do with "moral" objections; he was relatively poor for United last season when he came back, certainly far removed from the player he was in his first spell there.  

We need a strong defensive midfielder. Scott Brown might fulfill that roll but we will not know that for a few games.

I think there a lot of priorities before signing Goodwillie but if we did sign him on a decent wage then who am I to argue with TW.

Sky Sports Transfer News St Johnstone star Stevie May insists talks are ongoing over a new deal to keep him at McDiarmid Park.

May has been locked in talks with the Scottish Cup winners for some time over a contract extension, but as yet no new deal has been agreed. A number of clubs in England are thought to be keepings tabs on May, but the 21-year-old is hopeful of sorting out new deal.

"It was never a case that I had said I wouldn't sign a new deal," May told the Daily Record.

"Negotiations are ongoing and talks tend to drag on rather than get thrashed out overnight but I'm hopeful it'll be sorted soon."