Player contracts and transfers

David123

When do you think May and Wright's contract extensions will be announced?

If either/both are ready after the Euro match - ie Friday - I'd guess then. I think that was when we announced Murray Davidson re-signing for us, so it'll continue the 'feel good' from a win or act as a pick me up if we lose.

Dots it matter how much we won from European games? The chairman said without the Scottish cup we would have made a loss again. The end of year results have shown that to be the case for the last few years.

I do agree that his delivery of that news was poorly handled but sometimes the facts are best laid out.

Dots it matter how much we won from European games? The chairman said without the Scottish cup we would have made a loss again. The end of year results have shown that to be the case for the last few years.

I do agree that his delivery of that news was poorly handled but sometimes the facts are best laid out.

Heaven forbid what would have happened if we didn`t have 2 good Euro ties.Two Semi Finals.One Final. Share of live telly & top 6 finish.

Club would have had to be wound up.

Don`t know just think this is the time we should be pushing on & taking advantage of our success & not regressing & pissing off the fans.

I'm with you on this cagey. Last profit will have been the year covering the 13/14 season. Stick with what I said in my last post but add that the level of risk of investing in one or two experienced players now will be greatly diminished by absence of hearts and hibs plus rangers and the potential benefit of higher league placing similarly greater. Time to back TW.

I'm with you on this cagey. Last profit will have been the year covering the 13/14 season. Stick with what I said in my last post but add that the level of risk of investing in one or two experienced players now will be greatly diminished by absence of hearts and hibs plus rangers and the potential benefit of higher league placing similarly greater. Time to back TW.

Did you see the highlights from the York game....

We bloody need two players

I think were going to have to accept were not getting these 2 or 3 signings...

If we do they are going any signings at all its going be of the caliber and cost of the likes of Fallon, Imelumo etc who are squad players. No better as were not going to sign someone on big wages.

Edited by PerthSeany

Scottish Cup winning manager Tommy Wright stated publicly he wanted 3 players for the squad.

There's a subtle difference between "wanted" and"needed". Think TW would settle for one or two decent quality additions given the apparent friction between him and SB over recent weeks. My fear is that TW becomes thoroughly cheesed off and doesn't sign an extended deal. what message will that send to the players. Come on SB you know it makes sense.

Don`t know just think this is the time we should be pushing on & taking advantage of our success & not regressing & pissing off the fans.

Personally, I'd say investing in the youth system is far more forward thinking than signing players who'll sit on our bench and never make us any money. Might just be me though

Personally, I'd say investing in the youth system is far more forward thinking than signing players who'll sit on our bench and never make us any money. Might just be me though

Think we brought in a few youths lasdt season but don't think we kept them. Double barreled nammed guy springs to mind.

Did you read the line up for the game?

Yes I did and that's our cover....

I'm not complaining about our first team however if we have an injury prone season like last season we will not reach the top six...

Mainstand that is what I meant by my comment...

Lang Toon there is no cross on my head