Player contracts and transfers

David123

To be hoped that we have more than one on the radar because, if McFadden is training as a trialist and doesn't impress, we are back to square one and nearer game day, depending on how long an assessment period takes, which could mean Graham on his own against the fakes. I hope he does well and quickly, and doesn't price himself out of the budget available.

I look forward to hearing about him in a Saints shirt scoring a hat trick in a huge demolition of St Mirren next weekend.

Edited by Saintdunc

• 2 weeks later...

Martin Woods signs for Ross County. Be interesting to see how he shapes up there.

Saw him playing for Rotherham, Donny Rovers and Barnsley in the South Yorkshire triangle but like the Bermudan one of the same shape he frequently disappered during matches. He was well thought of in a pretty mediocre Rotherham side and Donny fans, who saw more of him than I did, thought he was inconsistent but on his day he was capable. He should do ok for Ross County.

Good decision then, we did not sign him. We won the Scottish cup! he was still not signed and we were desperate for a player and signed McFadden! and eventually the team at the bottom of the SPL signed him until the next transfer window. So I would suggest a great bit of budget constraint all IMOP.   

Good decision then, we did not sign him. We won the Scottish cup! he was still not signed and we were desperate for a player and signed McFadden! and eventually the team at the bottom of the SPL signed him until the next transfer window. So I would suggest a great bit of budget constraint all IMOP.

IMOP?

• 3 weeks later...

I've been a bit reluctant to post this, but **** it, I'm going for it anyway.

The following players are out of contract in the summer and the ones bolded are over 30

Steve Banks

Alan Mannus

Dave Mackay

Frazer Wright

Gary Miller

Tam Scobbie

Brian Easton

Gary McDonald (has a 1 year additional option based on appearances)

Chris Millar

David Wotherspoon

Liam Caddis

Michael O'Halloran

Murray Davidson ( has a 1 year option based on appearances)

Lee Croft (who will turn 30 next summer)

Scott Brown

James McFadden

Brian Graham

We have Zander Clark, Steven Anderson, Simon Lappin, Dylan Easton, Chris Kane and Steven Maclean all signed up beyond next summer.

I think we're going to see a bit of a clear out. 9 players over 30 in our first team squad with another one not far behind. I know that doesn't instantly make them useless or bad players, but we need to get some younger, hungry players in our squad. There's too many in a comfort zone at Saints and may think they've achieved all they can and appear happy to rest on their laurels.

I know people are going to say this is a knee jerk reaction, but it's not. I've spoken to a few fellow Saints fans about this since the summer and feel next summer might be the right time to rebuild.

I've been a bit reluctant to post this, but **** it, I'm going for it anyway.

The following players are out of contract in the summer and the ones bolded are over 30

Steve Banks

Alan Mannus

Dave Mackay

Frazer Wright

Gary Miller

Tam Scobbie

Gary McDonald (has a 1 year additional option based on appearances)

Chris Millar

David Wotherspoon

Liam Caddis

Michael O'Halloran

Murray Davidson ( has a 1 year option based on appearances)

Lee Croft (who will turn 30 next summer)

Scott Brown

James McFadden

Brian Graham

We have Zander Clark, Steven Anderson, Simon Lappin, Dylan Easton, Chris Kane and Steven Maclean all signed up beyond next summer.

I think we're going to see a bit of a clear out. 9 players over 30 in our first team squad with another one not far behind. I know that doesn't instantly make them useless or bad players, but we need to get some younger, hungry players in our squad. There's too many in a comfort zone at Saints and may think they've achieved all they can and appear happy to rest on their laurels.

I know people are going to say this is a knee jerk reaction, but it's not. I've spoken to a few fellow Saints fans about this since the summer and feel next summer might be the right time to rebuild.

Croft's only 29???????

I've spoken to a few fellow Saints fans about this since the summer and feel next summer might be the right time to rebuild.

I have been wondering for a while whether this may have been at the back of the chairman's mind this summer. I wonder if part of his thinking was to spend as little as possible on the squad hoping that we'll stay up while at the same time getting the DIY done in and around the stadium with the knowledge that we'll probably have a bit of spending to do next summer on our squad.

I think you're right though, we'll be doing a fair amount of business in the transfer market next summer.

Next season regardless of what happens this season we will see Kane, Easton and possibly even the likes of Rodgers being very much regularly involved in the 11.

For people who are regulars at the development games over the last few seasons who looks like they could be up to setting up to the first team level?

Edited by PerthSeany

Next season regardless of what happens this season we will see Kane, Easton and possibly even the likes of Rodgers being very much regularly involved in the 11.

For people who are regulars at the development games over the last few seasons who looks like they could be up to setting up to the first team level?

Easton is the only one close to being good enough at the moment . He reminds me a lot of Gary Harkins .