Player contracts and transfers

David123

Delighted with that, hopefully we push on and get the core of the squad signed up for next season earlier than last season, so we can concentrate on who we can get to improve us.

Hopefully Graham gets an offer aswell.

Agreed, it would be nice to finish a season with not much uncertainty around which players are goig to re-sign

We can do better than Graham, he hasn't scored from open play since September!

A reliable performer, who'll get near double figures and won't take a huge wage? I doubt we'll find better tbh, I'd happily sign him rather than gamble on an unknown 

Agreed, it would be nice to finish a season with not much uncertainty around which players are goig to re-sign

Yup, it would be very nice to be talking about who we might sign rather than who we might lose.

After the effort you put in on here & P&B to get him a 2 match ban I thought you would be happy to see the back of him.

I never put any effort in, I merely said I thought he dived, and then posted highlights of the game. Regardless, I really rate him as a striker in this league.

Add Mannus to that list if he's willing to re-sign. He's the best goalkeeper in the league in terms of shots saved this season. I'd hope that he was one that we'd target.

I think the following are out of contract;

Mannus

Banks

Mackay

Miller

Scobbie

Wright

Easton

Millar

Davidson (he has a 1 year extension based on appearances

Brown

McDonald (he also has a 1 year extension based on appearances)

Croft

Caddis

McFadden

Graham (loan ended)

Millar, Easton and Mannus stand out on that list IMO. I'd like to see Brown tied down as well and Scobbie too if he shows no ill affects from the injury. I can't see Banks, Caddis or Miller being kept on and Wright might retire. I don't see too problems with any of those guys if we make them fresh offers though.

If Faddy continues to prosper at Perth, can we keep hold of him and/or will he think he has one last hurrah at a bigger club? Furthermore, if he proves to be an asset, will we be able to afford him?

He was released by Motherwell, hardly world beaters, and he's already had stabs down south in the Premier League. I don't think it's at all unrealistic to be seeing him play this trade in Perth for another season and I'd be delighted if that was the case.

I'm not sure we need anyone to be honest in the window - Kane and Scobs back aswell as Maclean. Pretty happy with that.

I would agree with that, although I would like to see some moves by Tommy to start building for next season with pre-contract agreements for a RB and CB. If the pre-contracts don't work out we will always have the fall back option of a new mini-bus

Oh no he hasn't scored since September... We have had about 2 striker in 10 years who has scored more than 10 goals in a season. Let's not get carried away with expectations on the no of goals someone should be scoring.

Raheem Sterling hadn't scored at all for Liverpool since September until the weekend results there.

I imagine McFaddens situation might depend on what sort of role in the squad we offer him and who's available in the Summer. He'd more than useful to have though

Talented player, but I'd imagine he'd be at the top of our wage structure. I'm still too short-sighted to see how both he and McLean fit into an attacking picture, and too conservative to gloss over his minor injuries, which have already kept him out of a few games. Add to that the fact that we have O'Halloran, Kane and potentially Graham to fit in there.

I like McFadden, but the romantic in me - and the one seeking best value - would choose McLean over him. And I'd concentrate on getting a good young right back who could challenge Mackay for that spot. Our back four is creaking.