Player contracts and transfers

David123

I see St Mirren are being linked with moves for Danny Swanson and James Dayton, the ex Killie winger. Both pretty much define what we should be looking for. Excellent technically, creative and fast. Hopefully we're looking at one or both.

Hmmm Swanson I could see. The other lad, not so sure....thought he was a little hit and miss when he was at Killie and recently most of his game time at Oldham was off the bench. Given Croft got their player of the year when he was there, not sure that fills me with confidence.

Swanson's career certaintly seems to be stalling down South.

Seems Muzz was dropped on Saturday. Tommy has challenged him to rediscover his form.

The last time he came on he missed most of his headers & scalfed most of his kicks. After his head knock & seeing that I think it would be a good idea to get checked out if not been done already.

Chris Humphreys ex 'Well contract up at Preston in the summer, always created havoc against us, maybe worth a look?

Bigger clubs than us linked to him - even Celtic are although I can't see that happening.

I'd be all for Swanson, Dayton or Watkins.

Get rid of Croft, McDonald and Lappin asap

Chris Humphreys ex 'Well contract up at Preston in the summer, always created havoc against us, maybe worth a look?

Interestingly the first game I loaded up on my new Football Manager was as Preston North End. Humphreys was gash and I tried to pinch Lee Croft from the saintees but he didn't want to come and spend a season dropping it on Kevin Davies head :(

The out of contract players list has been revealed on STV again.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/304680-the-133-premiership-players-out-of-contract-at-end-of-the-season/

Graham, Watkins, Vigurs would all do me as they seem realistic enough

I'd take Watkins and Vigurs. Graham I'm still undecided on but if Wright goes then I'd try and get Josh Meekings fae ICT. Solid young defender.

All quiet in this window. Is that the way it should be until a signing, or is it because infrastucture is what we are spending any spare cash on?

Tommy mentioned last week that he'd like to sign players in this window but others would have to go out on loan first. Easton is away out on loan and there's talk of that being extended beyond January, same with Jordan Miller. We've got Kane back in, but I'd imagine he's on less than what we were paying that utter imposter Adam Morgan. Signing McFadden probably took a large chunk out of any budget we'd have for January too.

Just hope it's not another oldie. We're fast becoming Scottish football's answer to Dad's Army.

I see St Mirren are being linked with moves for Danny Swanson and James Dayton, the ex Killie winger. Both pretty much define what we should be looking for. Excellent technically, creative and fast. Hopefully we're looking at one or both.

Would like to think we would be interested in signing Danny Swanson if the likes of St Mirren are being linked with him.

As you, exactly the type of player we are after, especially if we could get him back to anywhere near the form he was in when he played for the Arabs.