Player contracts and transfers

David123

On a less dickish note on my part, how do folk now think about those going out of contract?

Just copying the list Kyle put up elsewhere, but those out of contract are 

Steve Banks

Gary Miller

Gareth Rodger

Frazer Wright

Liam Caddis

Lee Croft

James McFadden

Danny Swanson 

Brian Graham

On a less dickish note on my part, how do folk now think about those going out of contract?

Steve Banks - Release

Gary Miller - Release

Gareth Rodger - Undecided - he's been unlucky with injuries and Tommy might want to give him another year. Left footed centre backs aren't that easy to come by and he seems highly rated.

Frazer Wright - KEEP!!!!

Liam Caddis - Release

Lee Croft - Release

James McFadden - Release

Danny Swanson - Keep

Brian Graham - Keep

For those interested, the players we definitely have signed up beyond this summer;

Alan Mannus - 2017 +1

Zander Clark - 2016

Dave Mackay - 2016

Brad McKay - 2017

Steven Anderson - 2016

Tam Scobbie - 2017

Jason Kerr - 2016

Brian Easton - 2017

David Wotherspoon - 2017

Chris Millar - 2017

Murray Davidson - 2017

Scott Brown - 2016

Dylan Easton - 2016

Simon Lappin - 2016

Michael O'Halloran - 2016

Steven Maclean - 2016

Chris Kane - 2018

George Hunter - 2017

Added in Jason Kerr as the official site ran a feature on him last week that said he signed a 2 year deal last summer. I suspect his twin brother Greg might be in the same boat. Kyle Lander (another striker) has been praised highly recently and he may also have signed on for longer than a year last summer.

It seems that Brian Graham is coming our way, judging by his interviews over the weekend. I'd love to add Swanson and Wright to the above list too.

Beyond that, we'll probably need another senior striker to replace McFadden and another wide player to challenge Swanson (PLEASE LET US KEEP SWANSON), O'Halloran and Wotherspoon. There's possibly an argument to be made for another central midfielder too, maybe a more attack minded one than we currenly have, although appreciate that Dylan Easton might fulfill that role in the squad.

Sigh! Forgive me on a thread about potential signings to merely suggest that someone might end up at saints!

Instead I should just post on a thread about an ex saints player who doesn't get a game for his club and get into a slagging match with a fan of that team

Sigh! Forgive me on a thread about potential signings to merely suggest that someone might end up at saints!

Instead I should just post on a thread about an ex saints player who doesn't get a game for his club and get into a slagging match with a fan of that team

I apologise. 

Its a bit frustrating when you see this thread being posted on and then come on only to see some ridiculous rumour thats never going to happen though. 

Steve Banks

Gary Miller

Gareth Rodger

Frazer Wright

Liam Caddis

Lee Croft

James McFadden

Danny Swanson 

Brian Graham

I apologise.

Its a bit frustrating when you see this thread being posted on and then come on only to see some ridiculous rumour thats never going to happen though.

Since when did you or Widge have the right to judge others? Both of you are capable of posting utter drivel.

Never say never. If you'd have told me 10-15 years ago that I'd be watching Jody Morris and Michael Duberry play for St Johnstone I'd have thought you were nuts.

This is an ever so slightly different situation though.

Since when did you or Widge have the right to judge others? Both of you are capable of posting utter drivel.

Ditto.

You would imagine his issue would be his attitude?

Maybe he is a youngish Irish lad who has concerns about leaving his family and is scared about chasing his dream of Full Time football?

I remember Allan Mannus was linked with us several times before his move

Gormley?

Hes 25 now, and admits he's absolutely desperate to get a full time club but worries that hes too old for anyone to gamble on. I think he's a bit like Mannus, in that he's reserved when talking about himself, and would only leave for the right club. I also think he'd accept being back up initially because of the level hes playing at just now.