Player contracts and transfers

David123

I've had my reasons for being negative lately, not football related, so I'm sorry if i've seemed a bit dickish/ negative over the past few days. I'll try and be more upbeat again. 

Also I remember when we offered Stevie May a deal that would apparently make him one of our highest ever earners, Radford mentioned we'd also done the same with Sandaza and felt the club would be willing to pay a bit more for a striker who we knew would score goals in the league. I'd hope that was true, and I think Sutton would maybe be worth that little bit more, and that we'd stand a good chance of getting him with that in mind. I do agree it might depend on what happens with Motherwell though.

Not convinced about signing him but no way is he worth going above our normal wage. Just think how players like Midge who contributes to a team effort would feel.

Ally Gilchrist and Gareth Rodgers have both signed on for an extra year.

Gilchrist got rave reviews during his loan spell at Elgin this season, so nice to see him get signed up. Wouldn't be surprised if both got loaned out next season.

they definitely won't be in the first team

He's the top goal scorer in a team fighting relegation. A team who have scored more goals than we have. I've seen him several times this season and thought he'd be a great signing for us. So I'm really happy to hear his name. I don't think he's anything like Steven MacLean who constantly drops deep to try and link between the midfield. I certainly think Sutton would've been in the box when MOH put those two great crosses in on Saturday... To nobody!

John Sutton 40 apps 11 goals

Brian graham 28 apps 10 goals

I'd take graham personally ,am sure with 11 more games he would score more goals than sutton ,a lot of grahams apps are subs aswell , but anyway if sutton comes we can make him into a goal scoring machine ,maybe

I'd take graham personally ,am sure with 11 more games he would score more goals than sutton ,a lot of grahams apps are subs aswell , but anyway if sutton comes we can make him into a goal scoring machine ,maybe

11 goals in 40 games DESPITE Motherwell being absolutely gash.

Anyone remember the name of the striker we had on trial last summer who had been playing in La Liga - think he'd also been on trial at Inverness Caley but turned them down. Just wondering where he ended up.

He's made 11 appearances and scored 2 goals for Getafe B in Spain, who sit 10th in Segunda B, 4 points behind Zidane and Odegaard's Real Madrid B.

Surely for a B team of a La Liga side to sign a player that old they must think there is a possibility they will prove good enough for main team, which has probably proved to not be the case. No wonder he rejected Scotland for Spanish set-up though.

Reports in a paper the other day saying that Hearts are now the favourites to sign Gavin Reilly.

I said on a thread the other day that I would like to see Saints try and see young up and coming players from the lower leagues, however even if they are out of contract, the problem is we would still be due them a development fee, as is the case with Gavin Reilly.

I thought Kevin Holt the QOS No.3 was the best player on the park in the Cup Game - saddened to see the Dee are after him - development fee the stumbling block tho :) I kinda hoped he'd be on our shopping list

Why we've got 2 left backs signed up already. Albeit ones pretty shite. Waste of a wage having another.

I reckon he's more a left sided midfielder that wears No.3 . Seemed that way against us anyway. You seen him in other games?

If he is a bona fide left back then of course why bother.

He plays as a left fullback in a 3-5-2, whenever they play a back 4, he's the left back. He's certainly not a winger or left sided midfielder. His best position is in defence.

I was in the keep BG camp bit that option isn't open to us.

I'd be happy enough with Sutton.

Ok, I'll humour you.

What's baffling you exactly about me saying that having THREE left backs in our already small squad, would be a waste of a wage?

I'm eagerly awaiting your answer.

You answered it yourself 'small squad ," do you not think we should strengthen it ?also said in previous posts that he doesn't have to be confined to the left back role , you never no he might be decent attacking option .

You answered it yourself 'small squad ," do you not think we should strengthen it ?also said in previous posts that he doesn't have to be confined to the left back role , you never no he might be

decent attacking option .

The role of the old wingback, finding a good old fashioned natural left sided player who can cover from back to attack are worth their weight in gold. Any player showing that kind of potential is worth a punt of anybodys money, no matter if we already have less better options on that side. Just for the record ive lost the point I was trying to make !

:)