Player contracts and transfers

David123

I tend to judge a signing on how I feel when they play against us. John Sutton - scared the bejesus out of me everytime a cross came in and scored a fair few goals against us. He's the wrong age and I wouldn't like to see him and maclean together (not a runner or bit of pace between them) but ultimately a good signing! Happy.

I think him and MacLean would work brilliantly if we had pace out wide and a midfield runner. The centre halves would have no idea what to do, drop back towards their own goal with Sutton, mark MacLean whos dropping deep and also keep and eye out for the midfield runner? That would mean goals.

What a differance from last close season. Surely no moans this time.

No reason to so far.

Good business being done by the club, Broon sounding positive in interviews, good comms on social media, web and elsewhere to keep fans informed and interested.

Top marks

Edited by Kevin James Is On Stilts

Ross has done an incredible job on the marketing side too. He's worth his weight in gold to saints IMO.

Full credit to the board for backing the manager though. Top marks!

Well done to whoever at the club recognised it was a role that needed to be created, but yes good on Ross for running with it. The video content specifically has become a great asset and it's great to see it develop and constantly improve.

I remember not so long ago when we'd have to wait days for the club to officially inform us of signings, never mind having a video interview with the new player up that same afternoon. It's like night and day. Great to see.

Edited by Kevin James Is On Stilts

Yes I would agree Dave mc. I'm amazed people are totally forgetting about Scobbie. I was as big a critic as you'd find when he came back into the squad but I can't argue with his performances at the end of the season. He, like Davidson, was getting back to his best.

Frazer Wright is genuinely one of the best defenders I've seen at McDiarmid for a long time and like everyone else of course I want to see him stay. I just think we no longer desperately need him. We would've got one more season out of him so the time was fast approaching for us to stop relying on him. I don't think it's the end of the world if that has to happen this summer.

Great player though. Would thoroughly miss his personality and absolute punt it no nonsense defensive style. They don't seem to teach that these days and that is a real shame. You would almost find yourself celebrating his clearances/tackles as much as a goal in some games!

Dave and Ando (or Scobbie) would scare me at the back should we face any team who have half decent headers of the ball. If Fraz is away we need another tough and competitive in the air CB. Maybe one of the new guys?

Edited by Norsaint