Player contracts and transfers

David123

He might have signed.
He might have agreed to a deal in principal and they're just waiting for it to be signed.
He might have been travelling up to Perth last night, or he might have actually been sitting at home watching Corrie.
He might even be looking at other options. Nobody knows.

Too many people getting worked up on here and stating opinion as fact when they don't have a clue what's going on.

He might have signed.
He might have agreed to a deal in principal and they're just waiting for it to be signed.
He might have been travelling up to Perth last night, or he might have actually been sitting at home watching Corrie.

Too many people getting worked up on here and stating opinion as fact when they don't have a clue what's going on.

Well said

Far too much speculation going on here and folk getting their undergarments in an unnecessary tangle.

At the risk of being proved utterly wrong and embarrassing myself, I'd be fairly surprised if Danny Swanson didn't end up at St. Johnstone. At the end of last season, he made it clear that he'd be very keen on a return move if things didn't work out at Coventry. Since then, we've been constantly keeping track of his progress and making regular enquiries. 

Sure, some other Scottish clubs may offer him more money than us. But would it be such a considerable rise in wages that he'd choose to go elsewhere purely for cash reasons? I doubt it. Given how open he has been about certain personal things, I'd be mildly shocked if we offered him a deal and he chose to go elsewhere. He knows that he has been happy here. He settled in well, the players liked him, the manager liked him, the fans liked him.. It wouldn't be a gamble for him. That stability is obviously an important thing. 

Who knows? I may be completely mistaken. Still, I'm not really feeling too concerned at this moment in time. Patience is a virtue in this instance.

He might have signed.

imagine doing that on an internet forum... 

Speculating. Why do that on a forum. What a stupid thing to do..

imagine doing that on an internet forum... 

Speculating. Why do that on a forum. What a stupid thing to do..

I think speculation with a hint of realism is required here and I hope that now with the circus of deadline day being over we have maybe gained some.

As was mentioned his release was only really public at half 8 last night meaning that he was then free to discuss terms with other clubs. He was set to play for their u21's until he was pulled out early afternoon. We are a club of limited resources so I imagine he was making his own way up for talks in the absence of a private jet or helicopter.

Overall expecting it to be done last night was probably both unrealistic and unnecessary.

I think speculation with a hint of realism is required here and I hope that now with the circus of deadline day being over we have maybe gained some.

As was mentioned his release was only really public at half 8 last night meaning that he was then free to discuss terms with other clubs. He was set to play for their u21's until he was pulled out early afternoon. We are a club of limited resources so I imagine he was making his own way up for talks in the absence of a private jet or helicopter.

Overall expecting it to be done last night was probably both unrealistic and unnecessary.

Far too reasoned and sensible. You'll never last on here :laugh:

According to Twitter - we have signed him :-)

THIS IS WHAT PISSES ME OFF....

ONCE AGAIN OUR FRIKKIN PUBLICITY MACHINE CANT EVEN BE FIRST TO ANNOUNCE THE NEWS...OR EVEN PUT IT ON OUR PREHISTORIC WEBSITE...

Even weareperth are far more updated with little or no funds  get a grip saints and do the marketing / publicity machine justice

ONCE AGAIN OUR FRIKKIN PUBLICITY MACHINE CANT EVEN BE FIRST TO ANNOUNCE THE NEWS...OR EVEN PUT IT ON OUR PREHISTORIC WEBSITE...

Even weareperth are far more updated with little or no funds  get a grip saints and do the marketing / publicity machine justice

That is among the most dubious Twitter accounts I've ever seen and it isn't being reported anywhere else. I'd hold off your complaints tbh.

I'd imagine our website won't report the news until it is news

I thought we could send the air ambulance down for him! Was that not part of the sponsorship deal.....?

Let's look on the bright side. We still have MOH was worried that an offer may have come in. I find it strange that TW would want to sign Swanson. Yes he is good attacking player but he neglects his defensive duties. If we get him and play MOH on the right and Swanson on the left. TW will be hoarse by the end of the game trying to get them both to defend. I doubt we could afford to have two midfield players go AWOL when we are defending. Therefore I cannot TW playing them in the same team. May be a blessing in disguise if he goes elsewhere.

What are you ranting about now?

Let's look on the bright side. We still have MOH was worried that an offer may have come in. I find it strange that TW would want to sign Swanson. Yes he is good attacking player but he neglects his defensive duties. If we get him and play MOH on the right and Swanson on the left. TW will be hoarse by the end of the game trying to get them both to defend. I doubt we could afford to have two midfield players go AWOL when we are defending. Therefore I cannot TW playing them in the same team. May be a blessing in disguise if he goes elsewhere.

Sounds like a really exciting team to me to be honest.  I'd happily take a few 5-4 wins!! :)

Really don't want to sound negative, and I wish the lad nothing but well, but an objective observer on here would have noted a gigantic gulf between Swansons performances and the general reaction of the fans during his loan period - both decent but no more - and the mind boggling expectations of him now in this thread, and the apparent view that Steve Brown should have sold his own children to raise a transfer fee to sign this messiah. #Swansonmania

hope folk aren't too disappointed if he does play for us.

Really don't want to sound negative, and I wish the lad nothing but well, but an objective observer on here would have noted a gigantic gulf between Swansons performances and the general reaction of the fans during his loan period - both decent but no more - and the mind boggling expectations of him now in this thread, and the apparent view that Steve Brown should have sold his own children to raise a transfer fee to sign this messiah. #Swansonmania

hope folk aren't too disappointed if he does play for us.

Reminds me a bit of the 'hysteria' of getting MacLean back into the team after his injury.  As we've seen its taken a long time to get his form back.  That said I would like to see Swanson doing a great job as part of the team...but it may take some time too.....

He played in all the games post split and we did well defensively in those games with clean sheets away to Aberdeen and Dundee and at home to Celtic. 

He's never going to track all the time but surely he can't do less than Lappin on that side? 

Reminds me a bit of the 'hysteria' of getting MacLean back into the team after his injury.  As we've seen its taken a long time to get his form back.  That said I would like to see Swanson doing a great job as part of the team...but it may take some time too.....

I commented on this same 'hysteria' when the indications were that Liam was returning from T'ibs. I wasn't overly enthusiastic then and remain to be convinced that previous performances will be replicated. Hopefully I will be proved wrong.