Player contracts and transfers

David123

Seen it all before. Gretna, Dundee, Motherwell, Livi. County are paying out money above their station if we can't match them financially. Of that I have no doubt.

i think the Ross County wage bill was half of what the Saints pay, I would also guess the non playing staff wage bill is far less. They are probably able to push the boat out of bit more for the right player because of this. 

i think the Ross County wage bill was half of what the Saints pay, I would also guess the non playing staff wage bill is far less. They are probably able to push the boat out of bit more for the right player because of this. 

whit!!

Countys wage bill will be larger than ours, I'm willing to say quite comfortably. It's certainly not anywhere near half of ours. 

Crying shame if that's it for Capn Dave. Hope it's some consolation being the best ever Captain of the greatest club in the world. Captain Cup Winner, and legend for always. At a guess, he'll spend the rest of the season working towards his badges, and I would be unhappy if Saints didn't support him every step of the way.

whit!!

Countys wage bill will be larger than ours, I'm willing to say quite comfortably. It's certainly not anywhere near half of ours. 

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/celtic/1321105-celtics-average-wage-bill-is-25-times-higher-than-ross-countys/

I also think Ross County have a better average attendance this season. 

Maybe time to realise the lack of ambition by the board dressed up as financial stability, shouldn't be used as a point scorer against other teams. 

Edited by bromdass
tidy up

Hate to say it but I can't see him coming back

I think he'll be back but maybe in a reduced role, maybe a bit part player. It's probably better we know where we are going without Dave. He'll be back I hope and when he does call it a day you'll see a grown my bubble without shame.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/celtic/1321105-celtics-average-wage-bill-is-25-times-higher-than-ross-countys/

Maybe time to realise the lack of ambition by the board dressed up as financial stability, shouldn't be used as a point scorer against other teams. 

Doubt that takes into account the fact Ross County had 36 senior players over the course of that season tbh, with 25 new signings and 8 players paid off. Absolutely no chance thats a financially stable model on their income. 

I doubt if the Ross County figures include the free accommodation, bonus payments etc that their players get.

They are in a similar position to Gretna, Dundee United (under Thomson the father) etc, were they are in the shit if the chairman either dies or tires of pumping his own money in and the person taking over has to try and run them on a sound basis.  

County's average attendances are calculated differently from ours. I doubt very much that their gate money is more than ours.

i think we sold may on the cheap too

if it was utd they would have got a couple of million for May.

right now all we have for Moh is 300k . falkirk get that for development fees

Hello my numberwanged friend. Here are some of my thoughts. I've split them into numbers and paragraphs because I'm a fvcking lahoo-se'herrrrr

1) We didn't develop MOH. Development fee references are not relevant in the slightest. Especially not at his age. Because he's an adult.

2) What have Falkirk got to do with anything? Perhaps they need to ask for inflated development fees in order to build another stand onto their pretend lego stadium.

3) United (Dundee?) have a far better, more credible, and established youth setup than Saints do. That adds to the price of any product sold from said youth setup. One we start producing guys that can make the first team, and not bit part players that get released after 6 months, then maybe we can make proper money. It's all about the track record. If you were an English club would you rather buy a youth player from Dundee Utd or Saints? Who has the best pedigree, chum?!

4) 
We have made a million pounds worth of profit from Stevie May. In your opinion we sold him on the cheap. In the opinion of the majority, and also in the opinion of the club, that was the correct fee. How much do you think we realistically should have sold May for at that particular point in time? Be very very specific with the justification of your answers please, including a list of the teams that would have paid that much for him. If nobody was willing to bid £1 million for May (and here's a hint, nobody was) then how would any club have brought in "a couple of million" for him? Stop passing off opinion as fact.

5) Mikey is not as great as everybody seems to think. He can run. That's true. Fast laddy. And good for him for being a speedy boy. But once he gets to that by-line, I'm not sure that he has the intelligence to work out where to play the ball. Run run run run run, corner. We were lucky to cash on him when we did. He will fade as soon as he gets into the Premiership with R*ngers.

Edited by Kevin James Is On Stilts

Hello my numberwanged friend. Here are some of my thoughts. I've split them into numbers and paragraphs because I'm a fvcking lahoo-se'herrrrr
1) We didn't develop MOH. Development fee references are not relevant in the slightest. Especially not at his age. Because he's an adult.

2) What have Falkirk got to do with anything? Perhaps they need to ask for inflated development fees in order to build another stand onto their pretend lego stadium.

3) United (Dundee?) have a far better, more credible, and established youth setup than Saints do. That adds to the price of any product sold from said youth setup. One we start producing guys that can make the first team, and not bit part players that get released after 6 months, then maybe we can make proper money. It's all about the track record. If you were an English club would you rather buy a youth player from Dundee Utd or Saints? Who has the best pedigree, chum?!

4) 
We have made a million pounds worth of profit from Stevie May. In your opinion we sold him on the cheap. In the opinion of the majority, and also in the opinion of the club, that was the correct fee. How much do you think we realistically should have sold May for at that particular point in time? Be very very specific with the justification of your answers please, including a list of the teams that would have paid that much for him. If nobody was willing to bid £1 million for May (and here's a hint, nobody was) then how would any club have brought in "a couple of million" for him? Stop passing off opinion as fact.
5) Mikey is not as great as everybody seems to think. He can run. That's true. Fast laddy. And good for him for being a speedy boy. But once he gets to that by-line, I'm not sure that he has the intelligence to work out where to play the ball. Run run run run run, corner. We were lucky to cash on him when we did. He will fade as soon as he gets into the Premiership with R*ngers.

Where's all this money for May and Moh gone, it's really frustrating I cant remember when we last bought a player for cash. Brown get out your cash and give the manager £500k to sign a couple of quality players it's depressing we sign club rejects most of the time. 

Where's all this money for May and Moh gone, it's really frustrating I cant remember when we last bought a player for cash. Brown get out your cash and give the manager £500k to sign a couple of quality players it's depressing we sign club rejects most of the time.

Not necessarily bothered about paying money for players as there is a lot of quality in free agents to be had, and potential profit to be made.  Where it needs to go is into the wage budget to try and attract those players.

Its all very well having a 'rainy day fund' but when does that fund become a self fulfilling prophesy.  I.e. keep putting money into it at the expense of keeping up with the going rate will lead to relegation and then the need for the rainy day fund.  It feels sometimes like relegation is not something to be mitigated against but, is the business model / plan.

Rightly or wrongly with SEVCO and possibly HIbs or even an extended SPL money I think may be coming back into the top division and we need to make sure we are still in there to reap the benefits.

The success we have had has been great but real progress will be measured on longevity in the top division and hopefully never being relegated again

Not necessarily bothered about paying money for players as there is a lot of quality in free agents to be had, and potential profit to be made.  Where it needs to go is into the wage budget to try and attract those players.

Its all very well having a 'rainy day fund' but when does that fund become a self fulfilling prophesy.  I.e. keep putting money into it at the expense of keeping up with the going rate will lead to relegation and then the need for the rainy day fund.  It feels sometimes like relegation is not something to be mitigated against but, is the business model / plan.

Rightly or wrongly with SEVCO and possibly HIbs or even an extended SPL money I think may be coming back into the top division and we need to make sure we are still in there to reap the benefits.

The success we have had has been great but real progress will be measured on longevity in the top division and hopefully never being relegated again

I think, to an extent, the wage budget has to be calculated on the "expected" or "guaranteed" income which is predictable and not likely to change much. Transfer fees are not reliable or predictable so we can't suddenly alter our outgoing so based on those. Fans wanting £500k given to the manager for "one or two signings" don't seem to understand that players who command fees also command higher wages. Having said that I think TW is right in that we probably do need to step up a bit in this area. Going by Wrights comments about trying to get Dow in now and attempting to sign Scougall it's obvious the chairman was supportive of these ventures but they failed for reasons out with our control. Hibs - with all their money - also walked away from the Scougall deal. 

4)