Player contracts and transfers

David123

Would still like us to bring in a defensive midfielder at times we are far to open especially when Miller is missing 

I had high hopes for Brown in that role but he seems to have regressed at Dumbarton instead of progressing. With our midfield problems I expected him to get a game yesterday.

Edited by Cagey
Quote button taking the piss again.

It gets mentioned every week, but James Dunne has no interest in moving to Scotland

What is it people don't understand about that? We tried to sign him, did we not? He didn't want to relocate to Scotland. I understand the above poster isn't criticising the club but others have done. That is the players choice and there's nothing we can do about it. 

McKay too busy caring about Hearts. Will never make it at Saints. 

was speaking to a pars season ticket holder and they said he has been qualiyu for them they have no doubt hes premiership standard and lucky to have him. but then if hes anything like our groundsman he should never pull on a saints shirt again

was speaking to a pars season ticket holder and they said he has been qualiyu for them they have no doubt hes premiership standard and lucky to have him. but then if hes anything like our groundsman he should never pull on a saints shirt again

Brad is very open about being brought up a Jambo (as is Roddy Grant) but has also stated he wants to do well at Saints.You cant pick the team you support and I cant think any of our players let that affect their attitude.Remember how upset Brad was when he made THAT slip on debut.

I've watched Brad for Dunfermline twice now. His positioning is dreadful and his play from the back is worse than Wright's, he's playing in League 1. I could look decent on the pitch playing in that league.

Oh well, that's that then 

Brad is very open about being brought up a Jambo (as is Roddy Grant) but has also stated he wants to do well at Saints.You cant pick the team you support and I cant think any of our players let that affect their attitude.

Everybody has a team, you're right. Nothing wrong with that. But very publicly supporting a league rival of the team that you're contracted to and is paying your wages isn't exactly the smartest thing to do.

Guest ScottMann

I thought we'd tried to sign Dunne permanently from Stevenage but couldn't agree a fee for him after which he signed for Portsmouth for about £100,000? Bit of a waste of time doing that if we'd never even asked him if he'd stay. 

I thought we'd tried to sign Dunne permanently from Stevenage but couldn't agree a fee for him after which he signed for Portsmouth for about £100,000? Bit of a waste of time doing that if we'd never even asked him if he'd stay. 

I saw an interview with him just a couple of weeks ago (can't remember where it was now). He said Saints had made him a couple of offers since he left and he was very tempted, but not relocating to Scotland was a family decision. Think it's safe to say we've moved on from him.

I saw an interview with him just a couple of weeks ago (can't remember where it was now). He said Saints had made him a couple of offers since he left and he was very tempted, but not relocating to Scotland was a family decision. Think it's safe to say we've moved on from him.

Is that a yes or no then?  

Guest ScottMann

Looks like he was open to it when he was actually here but since heading back south its become a total non starter. Its no great surprise.