Player contracts and transfers

David123

Very very positive, at the moment. Watson, Alston and Dow would be a tremendous intake considering we wouldnt be spending a penny on them and they are all under 27. Still not convinced we'll end up with all three, but if we do then Dow and Alston likely wont be confirmed until the seasons over.

Changed your mind about Watspn then?

Changed your mind about Watspn then?

I've always thought he's a good player, but always had it in my mind that he's very, very, injury prone. General consensus of other Saintees and those in the media seems to be saying he'd be a tremendous signing for us, while St Mirren fans reckon he's been their best player by a distance this season. They all know more about the player than me, so have to assume theyre correct.

I reckon if Arabs go down then Dow will leave but if they escape then he'll stay.

Him leaving doesn't of course mean that he's guaranteed to sign for us though.

It was rumoured a while ago his first preference was to stay with them, but theyre refusing to talk about new contracts until their fate is officially sealed

Tommy's confirmed the Watson link in his pre-match presser (although he's already done that in the Courier this morning anyway).

The more interesting caveat is that he's speaking to 'several' others and he's 'confident' he'll get at least 2 or 3 of them.

The ones we know about at the moment, and that have been confirmed either by Tommy or parent club, are Ryan Dow, Blair Alston and Keith Watson on pre contracts and the press have speculated that we're interested in Mallan of St Mirren too, who will command a fee.

I suspect we may be looking at the English market too, with us signing Coulson already and after the success of Cummins so far this season (well, pre-injury certainly). Should be an interesting summer ahead!

midden knock back a 60k offer for Mallan by scumdee

I'd guess so. He's said he's got another year left on his deal there, so he's either have to negotiate his release, we'd need to pay a fee or we get him on loan again. We were burnt last summer when we held off for Swanson, so I'd much rather we got a good player in early and, if there's room in the budget later and he's available, try and pick him up then 

midden knock back a 60k offer for Mallan by scumdee

In the same statement they also praised Saints - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35952129

"Right-back Watson is out of contract in the summer and Rae said Saints had informed them of their interest.

"We have to commend St Johnstone," he told BBC Scotland before Saturday's2-2 draw with Hibernian.

"They have done it in the right manner - they sent a letter in saying they wanted to discuss with Keith the possibility of joining them."

Watson, who began his career with Dundee United, joined the Buddies last summer and the 26-year-old has been a stalwart for the Scottish Championship side this season.

"I'm led to believe that Keith has spoken to them but nothing's been signed as of yet," said Rae

"So we just have to wait and see on that one.""

I see the BBC are saying that Templeton is one of the Rangers players out of contract in the summer. Looked to have something when he was at Hearts....been a complete failure at Rangers.

Would you take him on, in the hope Wright can turn his career around?

I see the BBC are saying that Templeton is one of the Rangers players out of contract in the summer. Looked to have something when he was at Hearts....been a complete failure at Rangers.

Would you take him on, in the hope Wright can turn his career around?

Theres a reason he's failed. He's (Allegedly) Partial to a substance

Craig and Anderson will stay, the other 4 (Lappin, Brown, Doyle and Krachunov) will leave.

Fisher's loan is up and I can see McKay and Sutton going too.

We need new blood. Desperately. We've finished top 6 this year. but the form since December is closer to that of a relegated team.