Player contracts and transfers

David123

Guest ScottMann

Looks like we need a hard man like Paton or Rankin in midfield as again we only commuted half the fouls Motherwell did.

Perhaps we were too busy playing football and winning the game to commit fouls! :wink:

Looks like we need a hard man like Paton or Rankin in midfield as again we only commuted half the fouls Motherwell did.

Ha ha. Not going to take your Rankin, Paton bait.

Personally these two would find it hard to even make the Saints bench.

So lets put this to bed and anyone thinking we are contemplating making a move for either obviously haven't a Scooby about what makes Saints tick.

End of.

Ha ha. Not going to take your Rankin, Paton bait.

Personally these two would find it hard to even make the Saints bench.

So lets put this to bed and anyone thinking we are contemplating making a move for either obviously haven't a Scooby about what makes Saints tick.

End of.

You sussed it.

Kris Doolan must be Particks highest paid player, otherwise surely teams would have looked more seriously at him. I heard a statistic that you have to back to 2009 to find the last time he didn't hit double figures in a season. Fantastic penalty box finisher. Still only 29!

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

Kris Doolan must be Particks highest paid player, otherwise surely teams would have looked more seriously at him. I heard a statistic that you have to back to 2009 to find the last time he didn't hit double figures in a season. Fantastic penalty box finisher. Still only 29!

2009/10 was the last season he never hit double figures, and even then he'd scored 5 in 15 games they season before that. I'm also a bit baffled nobody else has ever signed him, as he seems like the most reliable player in the league for getting goals, and has great ability on the ball aswell. I do think he's just completely loyal to Partick though, bear in the mind they signed him from the Juniors as a 23 year old, so once they offer him a deal then he'll sign it.

2009/10 was the last season he never hit double figures, and even then he'd scored 5 in 15 games they season before that. I'm also a bit baffled nobody else has ever signed him, as he seems like the most reliable player in the league for getting goals, and has great ability on the ball aswell. I do think he's just completely loyal to Partick though, bear in the mind they signed him from the Juniors as a 23 year old, so once they offer him a deal then he'll sign it.

Not sure he has even been their first pick striker this season.

Not sure he has even been their first pick striker this season.

Hes been the most played striker, but seems to get dropped every so often as the manager has a TW-esque streak of loving a big **** of a centre forward to pump balls too.

Edited by RandomGuy

as the Leicester city manager said about his players on Saturday they won't to leave the can go I only want players who want to play here,,Tommy take note because we only want players who want to be at this small but wonderful club we don't want Ryan Dow here now we can do better

I agree. I don't think Dow is doing anything heinous or unacceptable, he's well within his rights.

Just as saints would be well within their rights to withdraw offer and move on. 

Would love to see us really push for Alston should Falkirk not come up. 

Dunno why folk are saying to find someone else.

Dow is right, the seasons not finished. He's obviously waiting on a bigger club to move to and Hibs, rumoured, might be his choice but does he actually want to play football or sit on the bench on stands?! 

Leave the contract open, then in a few weeks when he realises nobody else has offered anything then drop the terms. 

He either commits to what he thinks is good or goes unemployed. 

Alston is in the same position as Dow but nobodies busting his Baws about not signing?!

I want both players and I bet if the money was right both wouldve signed by now. 

That's not exactly true. Alston still doesn't know which league his current club will be playing in next season.

Correct me if I'm wrong but are both players not out of contract at the end of the season and technically speaking will be unemployed by a certain date if no new contracts agreed?

Both are in the same position of never been at any other club. Dow been at United since a kid and Alston at Falkirk. These situations are new to them perhaps and obviously the agents want the big lucrative contracts to fill their boots. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but are both players not out of contract at the end of the season and technically speaking will be unemployed by a certain date if no new contracts agreed?

Both are in the same position of never been at any other club. Dow been at United since a kid and Alston at Falkirk. These situations are new to them perhaps and obviously the agents want the big lucrative contracts to fill their boots. 

I expect Alston will have been offered  a deal by Falkirk 

Ryan Dow was told that he had no future at United. It's pretty much a certainty that Alston has a future at Falkirk. He has been one of their stand-out players this season. Understandably, he'd like to show loyalty to his current club. I imagine he'll stay there unless Falkirk remain in the Championship.

I'd give Alston time to see out the play-offs, but Dow wasn't even  a certain starter in one of the worst sides to grace the top league for many a year.  He seems to have some sort of inflated idea of his own worth.  If he hasn't  signed by the weekend then he should be told the offer is withdrawn.  It's easy to blame agents, but they are employed by the players.  If he wanted to be here, he'd have signed in the last week.  Most clubs just seem to roll over to this nonsense.  The will he, won't he stuff just brings us closer to next season with gaps still needing filled in the side.  I can't think of any other area of employment where you can tell the people that have offered you a job, "well I might, if there's nothing better comes along in a few weeks."