Player contracts and transfers

David123

Guest ScottMann

It was more of an observation that a shot at Mr Brown but I'm sure agents will be having their moment and I'm sure Danny Swanson is 'keeping his options open' but with so many remaining unsigned I'd say it suggests lack of action on the clubs part, especially combined with Tommy's words. 

Is it as one sided as you suggest? 

Very easy to fire shots off at Mr Brown but what about the players dealings in it along with their agents?

I agree, we can speculate all we want but none of us really know what's being offered/turned down/negotiated. 

It's naive to think it's a simple as 'getting players signed up'. 

While potentially losing players is concerning, I'd be far more concerned if we were throwing wild amounts of cash about. 

Guest ScottMann

This emergency loan nonsense...Commons is at Hibs supposedly until Jan 17. Does he have to go back to Celtic then or can Hibs extend the loan until the end of the season meaning they've effectively screwed the system and signed him a few weeks before the transfer window opens? It could affect us.

This emergency loan nonsense...Commons is at Hibs supposedly until Jan 17. Does he have to go back to Celtic then or can Hibs extend the loan until the end of the season meaning they've effectively screwed the system and signed him a few weeks before the transfer window opens? It could affect us.

I'm not certain, but I think emergency loans can be extended, but only for a certain length. I have 69 days in my mind but not sure it's the right rule I'm thinking about. 

Guest ScottMann

I'm not certain, but I think emergency loans can be extended, but only for a certain length. I have 69 days in my mind but not sure it's the right rule I'm thinking about. 

Thanks. Google brings up a couple of bits that show it's a 93 day maximum emergency loan period. In England an emergency loan can be extended to the end of the season in January but not sure of Scotland. 

Why would what Hibs and Kris Commons do affect us? 

Guest ScottMann

St Johnstone 1884 ‏@stjohnstone1884  7h7 hours ago
Tommy Wright has revealed he's spoken individually to his out of contract players and they've all indicated to him that they'd like to stay.

TW: "I have spoken to the players and they all want to stay. That should give the chairman a good platform to get deals done."

Sounds good. Buck now well and truly passed to Mr Brown. .

Anyone got the 2017 calendar yet? Who's January? Hopefully not Swanson!

Rory loy told he can leave if he finds a club would he do a turn for us ?????

I'd take a punt on him, wiki has him down as a Striker/left winger so could also slip into Swanson's position if unavailable or subbed now that Coulson looks to be out for a while. Craig just doesn't have the pace to play out wide anymore!

Kane is getting better but is still far from the player everyone expects or wants him to be. As for Cummins, he runs his arse off when he comes on and is good in the air, but just doesn't seem to be the same player we had last year, well off the pace.

Loy may very well be the type of player Wright can get the best out of/rejuvenate his career after flagging under Hartley. 

Sorry, but Cummins and good in the air could never be in the same sentence!! The only difference between him and the current statue craze is he moves again after he has stood rooted to the ground when the ball comes near him in the air.

Mince! The only time you see Cummings these days is when he is chucked on in the last ten minutes when we've decided to play hoofball after running out of steam and ideas. He literally only touches the ball with the head when he tries to knock it on to Macca after it's punted from our own box. It might rarely come off but to claim that he is rooted to the ground is a rank exaggeration. 

I'm not sure I would have Loy. I haven't seen anything of him that makes me believe that he is special in any way.

I don't think Azeez is up for contract renewal at Partick, but I think he'd be worth a punt if available. Big, fast and decent feet. I just get the feeling he hasn't bedded in there.