Player contracts and transfers

David123

I can't wait for this transfer window to close!

I hope Killie sell Coulibaly. Haha.

Absolutely heehaw coming from the club. Guys out of contract in the summer and seemingly covert or no offers on the table for these guys. Youngsters out on loan everywhere and we have zero thoughts of bringing in anyone.

We had Gormley on loan which we needed another striker but suddenly we don't need one anymore. 

Far too much reliance on Macca and we have poor replacements should he not be available.

I'd love May to come back on loan, even if he was 25% of the player he was previously, he'd still be an asset plus gives him game time for next season at PNE.

Think our biggest feat of the transfer window is negotiating the drop in gate prices with the mighty Stenhousemuir for the cup!

****in Baws!

I can't wait for this transfer window to close!

I hope Killie sell Coulibaly. Haha.

Absolutely heehaw coming from the club. Guys out of contract in the summer and seemingly covert or no offers on the table for these guys. Youngsters out on loan everywhere and we have zero thoughts of bringing in anyone.

We had Gormley on loan which we needed another striker but suddenly we don't need one anymore. 

Far too much reliance on Macca and we have poor replacements should he not be available.

I'd love May to come back on loan, even if he was 25% of the player he was previously, he'd still be an asset plus gives him game time for next season at PNE.

Think our biggest feat of the transfer window is negotiating the drop in gate prices with the mighty Stenhousemuir for the cup!

****in Baws!

Calm the feck doon!

Its 19th January and Saints never do their business in public - cant believe it gets this ridiculous over-reaction every close season.

Whinge, whinge, whinge.

Looks like he's joining Aberdeen. 

Robert Thomson says we have no interest in getting him back as the other teams interested would "blow us out the water" financially 

I hope not... he will run circles around our defense and likely blast in a hat trick. I'll be very disappointed if we haven't looked at bringing him back on loan. 

Tommy's newsletter says Gilchrist has had a setback. Something not right there as a groin strain should not keep you out most of the season.

That along with Watson not having proven his fitness yet & Comrie & Gordon loaned out we could be short at the back.

Seeing our best players in recent years linked with teams around us whilst we scramble around miserably trying to tie up players on contracts is depressing.

Everyone else is trying to strengthen and freshen up. Appreciate there is a gulf financially. However, we've not used the May or Ohalloran money to rejuvenate our squad and we are in obvious need for a striker.  We're one injury away from a crisis on that front. 

Hopefully this is all a bluff. Hopefully. 

If we'd actually managed to get a player to sign a contract I'd maybe be a little more content. Some positive news or messages from the club for a change wouldn't go a miss. It's always doom, gloom and negativity.  

I want to see spin, positivity and ambition. Those don't cost money. No wonder the fans fall away.

The only doom and gloom at the moment is coming from the total overreactions on here from people who somehow convinced themselves that we were a stick on to get May on loan even there was absolutely nothing to ever back this up.

As much as I also get stuck in and slag the club off, you can hardly justify getting p*ssed off at them simply because you've invented a scenario in your heads and it hasn't become reality.

Edited by Kevin James Is On Stilts

The only doom and gloom at the moment is coming from the total overreactions on here from people who somehow convinced themselves that we were a stick on to get May on loan even there was absolutely nothing to ever back this up.

As much as I also get stuck in and slag the club off, you can hardly justify getting p*ssed off at them simply because you've invented a scenario in your heads and it hasn't become reality.

May or O'halloran would be great but I doubt anyone expects they will come to us. That's not the problem. The issue is the only messages that come out the club are around struggling to tie down players and having no money. That doesn't inspire the fans does it?

I seen a list of Scottish Cup crowds at McDiarmid and some of our attendances were incredible. This is the most successful Saints side of all time but I doubt we'll break 2500 on Saturday. The fans need a bit of positivity now and again. Whether you like it or not new players  (or at least being linked to new olauers ) gives the fans a lift.

I think the only thing that worries me a bit is that we are wanting to complete with rangers, hearts and Aberdeen for those European spots and they are all strengthening there squad, whereas we have been very quiet and have no real links with bringing anyone who will make a significant differnece

Given how MOH left us, I'd be very surprised if he chose to join us over others.

With May the only thing we can offer Preston over the likes of Aberdeen is first team starts. Much more likely he'd get starts with us than the the dons. Financially though, as has been said we don't have a chance.

I'd be disappointed though if we don't ask the question of Rangers and Preston at least.

Tommy says that we haven't been in contact with Preston because other Scottish clubs can blow us out of the water financially. Apologies if I'm being stupid, but surely we should get in contact with Preston in order to find out how much money they actually require? It might be 90% of May's wages. On the other hand, it might be 10%. Or nothing.

Edited by The Real Saints

Tommy says that we haven't been in contact with Preston because other Scottish clubs can blow us out of the water financially. Apologies if I'm being stupid, but surely we should get in contact with Preston in order to find out how much money they actually require? It might be 90% of May's wages. On the other hand, it might be 10%. Or nothing.

This. 

Tbh I'd rather he just bare faced lied and said wed enquired but we're aware richer clubs were interested, at least that would hint at some form of desire.