Player contracts and transfers

David123

Guest ScottMann

I see that's Dylan Bikey just signed for Hearts, surprise surprise that we didn't take a little chance on him no idea why I got my hopes up in all honesty all hope rests in George Hunter turning into something which isn't going to happen.

As he was on trial with us how do you know we didn't?

Hunter chose us over Hearts. Greg Hurst chose to join us from Stirling Albion. Can't win 'em all.

Not sure if I'm that bothered to be honest, we would be paying a fee for potential.

What we need is someone to come in and make an impact now, I doubt bikey would be that player, I wound be surprised if he features much for hearts first team

As such given we probably have enough potential in the current in the under 20s and given his age we, would be developing him as one of our overage picks (if that is still a thing in the u20 league) I fail to really see where he would fit in here. 

Unfortunately hearts can probably afford to take a gamble we can't.

That said we do need to strengthen up front and given we have lost players from the wage bill, find it inconceivable that there is nothing there for at least a decent loan signing. 

Edited by Shaggy Jenkins

Hearts have really strengthened. So have Aberdeen. It's near nigh impossible for us to maintain our lofty status in this league without investment.  We really do just keep defying logic! 

Suppose hard work gets you do far!

Hearts fans dont see it that way.They are accusing Cathro of shopping in Lidl while they would prefer Harrods.

Wish we had taken Haber before Dundee! Just the striker we are missing 

Haber was shit last time he was here, and still isn't great, if we ever do loosen the purse stings for another wage would hoping for someone better than Haber on a free.

Still mystified why teams like Motherwell, Inverness, Killie etc seem to get folk in, but then again counter argument is they are below us and the continual change of personnel for these clubs doesn't work, but really need a few resigned

Reckon next season could be a big transition period with several players coming to the end of their careers, maybe that's what Brown is setting up for

I think that too, but then I've thought the same for the last 2-3 seasons!

Take Midge and Macca out though (Macca will play on I'm sure) and actually the rest of the starting 11 still has a few years in them yet.

The danger is trading down in quality. The way Hearts, Aberdeen and Hibs to a degree are more financially secure, it becomes harder and harder for us to get the upper hand. That said, good manger, good team spirit, hunger and experience trumps what much of these clubs can offer on the pitch. Just ask Danny and Liam.

I think that too, but then I've thought the same for the last 2-3 seasons!

Take Midge and Macca out though (Macca will play on I'm sure) and actually the rest of the starting 11 still has a few years in them yet.

The danger is trading down in quality. The way Hearts, Aberdeen and Hibs to a degree are more financially secure, it becomes harder and harder for us to get the upper hand. That said, good manger, good team spirit, hunger and experience trumps what much of these clubs can offer on the pitch. Just ask Danny and Liam.

Fair point, but agents just look at $$$. Quick buck for them.