Player contracts and transfers

David123

ITK guy in P&B, who's been spot on many times before, is saying Swanson is wanting the highest wage we'll have ever given out.

Can understand why the club aren't rushing that decision 

If so, not worth it. Bye.

Here's a player with a better attitude.

https://www.facebook.com/stjohnstonefootballclub/posts/1339545899401721

Edited by andrew

If the BBC Sport website stats are correct then it just goes to show how valuable Swanson is!

Although Danny has scored fewer than many with seven goals, his six assists are right up there with only Stuart Armstrong equally on six assists and Jonny Hayes better with eight.

Compare that to Kris Doolan of Patrick who has only scored one more goal than Danny, but hasn't contributed to any directly assisted goals! Only Steven MacLean has been a more contributing factor in our season so far!

To let Swanson go would leave a huge gap for Saints to fill especially when you think that Stuart Armstrong is touted for a Scotland call up and Aberdeen manage to secure Jonny Hayes for a further 12 months.

Admittedly Swanson has not been consistent of late putting in some mixed performances, but he is not alone in that respect. If the club fail to secure his services I suspect he will be a big miss, but as others have said we always work within our means no matter how special any individual player is!   

I used to read that site a few years ago and occasionally pop in there although usually to the general information bit..  I have absolutely no knowledge of how right your turnstile operator might be.  I would be amazed if he has any knowledge of contract offers -  I just don't see Steve Brown making turnstile operators privy to that information. 

I'm genuinely interested to know how you get "the ball's in the club's court" to translate to "my agent has instructed me not to lower my demands".  It's not making a big deal, just interested.

If the BBC Sport website stats are correct then it just goes to show how valuable Swanson is!

Although Danny has scored fewer than many with seven goals, his six assists are right up there with only Stuart Armstrong equally on six assists and Jonny Hayes better with eight.

Compare that to Kris Doolan of Patrick who has only scored one more goal than Danny, but hasn't contributed to any directly assisted goals! Only Steven MacLean has been a more contributing factor in our season so far!

To let Swanson go would leave a huge gap for Saints to fill especially when you think that Stuart Armstrong is touted for a Scotland call up and Aberdeen manage to secure Jonny Hayes for a further 12 months.

Admittedly Swanson has not been consistent of late putting in some mixed performances, but he is not alone in that respect. If the club fail to secure his services I suspect he will be a big miss, but as others have said we always work within our means no matter how special any individual player is!   

I am sure Doolans minutes on the pitch are a lot less than Danny's and if he was out of contract we should go for him as he seems to be used as a sub by Thistle.

I think the biggest majority of Danny's goals are penalties.

I used to read that site a few years ago and occasionally pop in there although usually to the general information bit..  I have absolutely no knowledge of how right your turnstile operator might be.  I would be amazed if he has any knowledge of contract offers -  I just don't see Steve Brown making turnstile operators privy to that information. 

I'm genuinely interested to know how you get "the ball's in the club's court" to translate to "my agent has instructed me not to lower my demands".  It's not making a big deal, just interested.

The whole tone of the interview came across as him making everyone aware that it's up to the club to finalise a deal. Can't remember him making any reference to negotiations or talks, just that the balls now in the clubs court.

I though it came across that he was pressuring the club into accepting his terms. Maybe I've misinterpreted it. 

I am sure Doolans minutes on the pitch are a lot less than Danny's and if he was out of contract we should go for him as he seems to be used as a sub by Thistle.

I think the biggest majority of Danny's goals are penalties.

Cagey you're correct Doolan has spent less minutes on pitch, but less than one full match and Danny has scored a few from the penalty spot, but the value of Danny's assists cannot be argued.

I cannot see Doolan as a realistic target as his current contract with Thistle takes him through to summer 2019 and with nearly ten years with Partick he could also be due a testimonial.

He is also a 30 year old striker which would mean plenty of experience, but I'd like to see us sign someone younger if Danny does move on, hopefully it will not come to that. 

The whole tone of the interview came across as him making everyone aware that it's up to the club to finalise a deal. Can't remember him making any reference to negotiations or talks, just that the balls now in the clubs court.

I though it came across that he was pressuring the club into accepting his terms. Maybe I've misinterpreted it. 

I kind off agree with this. I was very disappointed with Danny's comments in the press.

I like him a lot but last year I was seriously pissed off about the MOH affair and the way he derailed the club and in particular the semi against HIbs.

All I want is this sorted out soon. We will move on without Danny if he values sitting on the bench somewhere rather than playing a vital part for us.

Forgetting summat here are we?

Don't believe everything that the press prints.

While Danny has obviously been interviewed by the press (unless I've misinterpreted) how he has said what, might not be how it is portrayed.

Let's just wait and see before he is pilloried.

Yeah I think some on here are taking it way out of context.. I think he wants to sign, we want to keep him and deal will be done.. 

For what's its worth, I think it's absolute rubbish that any new contract would make him our club record earner... Codswallop!!!!

Yeah I think some on here are taking it way out of context.. I think he wants to sign, we want to keep him and deal will be done.. 

For what's its worth, I think it's absolute rubbish that any new contract would make him our club record earner... Codswallop!!!!

Ha ha "Codswallop" while since I heard that. Usually on here it's referred to as shite.:wink:

Regarding what was said on the other forum, it was the same as plenty other fans were saying on Saturday morning on twitter and such places (go have a search and you will see more high profile persons than myself commenting on this ). A lot of similar comments that goes against what Danny was saying in the Press over the weekend. Like others said on Twitter etc, I believe saints have offered Danny a good offer but to date this has not been signed.

I have no idea why not, but you do not need to be a rocket scientist to put 2 and 2 together. You have to assume it has not been signed due to A) terms are not right for him (wages/length of contract/bonus/release clauses etc) or B)) he is holding out to see what other teams offer him.

My own opinion - Swanson playing like he did the first 3 months of the season, I would have paid him what he wanted. The Danny the last few months, would not bother me if he signed or not. The comments in the press over the weekend were interesting. Hopefully a resolve is made sooner or later for all parties so everyone can get on with things.

I am more concerned that we still have not agreed a deal with Brian Easton. I can remember for a long time that we struggled to fill that role until he signed from Dundee. All seems to have gone quiet on that front.

Edited by Perthsaint1977

Forgetting summat here are we?

Don't believe everything that the press prints.

While Danny has obviously been interviewed by the press (unless I've misinterpreted) how he has said what, might not be how it is portrayed.

Let's just wait and see before he is pilloried.

Do you think Bannerman would misquote him unless he was being tapped up by Sevco's.

Wonder if Tommy said there would be no mention of Danny as it would be a normal question to ask.

Do you think Bannerman would misquote him unless he was being tapped up by Sevco's.

Wonder if Tommy said there would be no mention of Danny as it would be a normal question to ask.

It did strike me as odd that yesterday and today, no interviewer from across the media, asked Tommy why our second to goalscorer didn't even make the bench.

If Danny signs, great- enjoyable to watch when on gorm

if he doesn't, Blair really starting to show that he can step up to be a first team week-on-week starter that will provide great entertainment

I am also hopefully that the Watson / Fisher combination on the right could turn out well.