Player contracts and transfers

David123

I really like Swanson and would love for him to stay, but the fact is he is a 30-year-old player who has struggled every time he has tried to step up to bigger clubs, and Saints will never get a transfer fee for him.

He's totally entitled to hold off and see what other offers are on the table before making his decision, but I find it really unprofessional of him to go into this level of detail in the media about his contract negotiations (probably no coincidence that he's decided to do this shortly after getting himself an agent).

I imagine Saints won't be at all impressed by his behaviour here, and perhaps he should remember that Saints have twice given him a chance to play and enjoy his football and get his life back on track. He messed us about before eventually signing for Hearts, and if he's messing us about again this time then I wouldn't want to see him given a third chance.

He's a good player, but we've had plenty of those before and we'll have plenty of others in the future.

I really like Swanson and would love for him to stay, but the fact is he is a 30-year-old player who has struggled every time he has tried to step up to bigger clubs, and Saints will never get a transfer fee for him.

He's totally entitled to hold off and see what other offers are on the table before making his decision, but I find it really unprofessional of him to go into this level of detail in the media about his contract negotiations (probably no coincidence that he's decided to do this shortly after getting himself an agent).

I imagine Saints won't be at all impressed by his behaviour here, and perhaps he should remember that Saints have twice given him a chance to play and enjoy his football and get his life back on track. He messed us about before eventually signing for Hearts, and if he's messing us about again this time then I wouldn't want to see him given a third chance.

He's a good player, but we've had plenty of those before and we'll have plenty of others in the future.

One of the Sundays said that Tommy had said he was quite right with what he said and it shows how much he wants to stay. Also that he would give the chairman a call and ask him to get it done as he would be in a good mood after the result.

I think that is what he said publicly but in the dressing room it would be something else.

One of the Sundays said that Tommy had said he was quite right with what he said and it shows how much he wants to stay. Also that he would give the chairman a call and ask him to get it done as he would be in a good mood after the result.

I think that is what he said publicly but in the dressing room it would be something else.

Parting with money in win bonuses???? Nae chance.

Now we've got Tommy speaking out about HIS frustration at the Swanson contract situation.

What's going on?

Saw this one on the BBC

"St Johnstone manager Tommy Wright has scotched social media rumours claiming he had axed winger Danny Swanson for going public about his "contract nightmare". Swanson was missing from the squad for last weekend's victory against Ross County.

However, Wright says: "Danny was injured, end of story. I don't do the social media stuff. It's not my scene." (Various)"

I am more concerned that we still have not agreed a deal with Brian Easton. I can remember for a long time that we struggled to fill that role until he signed from Dundee. All seems to have gone quiet on that front.

Agree 100%, can't remember Easton having anything approaching a bad game.  In fact I have him down as a future captain.

The concerning comment in this article for me is

“Danny knows the wage structure of the club and he isn’t being greedy or unreasonable. He wants his future sorted and anyone in his position would be the same.”

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/373331/st-johnstone-boss-tommy-wright-still-hopeful-danny-swanson-will-stay/

Seems that he isnt trying to rob the club at all and Brown Jnr is holding things up

Danny's entitled to say he's unhappy at not getting the deal concluded. And the press will throw every headline under the sun to make a selling story out of that - whether it be victimising the club, vilifying to the player or overall shit stirring. At the end of the day, the bigger picture is that Danny wants to stay, and Tommy's right behind him all the way.

He might be a footballer on a decent wage, but being a footballer on wages similar to that of any working person adds on the unknown of where your living will come from once your contract is up, if at all. Given Danny's previous mental state, I don't blame him for being truthful when approached by the press for a statement when he says he wants his future sorted out, whether that be at St. Johnstone or another club. He wants to stay, so it's Steve Brown's problem to sort that out.

Don't see what the issue is with folk wanting Danny out or criticising him for his actions, I'd hate for us to have a bunch of foreigners like Hearts who are always telling the press they want to go on to bigger things - I'd rather have genuine people like Danny who want their future sorted and reassurance that they will remain at the club they want to stay at.

On his form, everyone has bad days. Look at Spoony's performance the other week there, didn't hear a lot of folk wanting him out for that. It just adds to the speculation that his recent performances are impacted by recent talk on his future when Tommy has contradicted this and highlighted that he has a slight injury which is preventing him giving 100%.

Edited by Wee Mental Davie

Guest ScottMann

The concerning comment in this article for me is

“Danny knows the wage structure of the club and he isn’t being greedy or unreasonable. He wants his future sorted and anyone in his position would be the same.”

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/373331/st-johnstone-boss-tommy-wright-still-hopeful-danny-swanson-will-stay/

Seems that he isnt trying to rob the club at all and Brown Jnr is holding things up

The media are such sensaltionist, fake news whores these days I'm surprised someone didn't come up with 'Saints Contract Deadlock - Tommy Wright Says Danny Will Move On.'

The media are such sensaltionist, fake news whores these days I'm surprised someone didn't come up with 'Saints Contract Deadlock - Tommy Wright Says Danny Will Move On.'

The Sun had the nerve to write the headline; "Tommy Wright blasts Danny Swnason" as a heading to a link, before revealing the article as "Tommy Wright blasts Danny Swanson social media rumours".

Says it all, the media are f*cking useless.

Edited by Wee Mental Davie

What worries me about this contract talks pish is that Tommy Wright is getting dragged into it all over the papers when he should be just concentrating on getting the best possible team onto the pitch on a Saturday not getting distracted with shit from the gutter press, really think Broon should sort it one way or another and tell us what the **** is going on once again with our best player. 

Seen it all before and it pisses me off .

The Sun had the nerve to write the headline; "Tommy Wright blasts Danny Swnason" as a heading to a link, before revealing the article as "Tommy Wright blasts Danny Swanson social media rumours".

Says it all, the media are f*cking useless.

Disgraceful!

They didn't even spell his name right!

I'd prefer to see Danny go. He's been a pasanger for months. Provides very little defensive cover. More often than not loses the ball.  The only news he is getting is when pens are not awarded for fouls on him.  Shots at goal since new year haven't been great either.  He seems low in confidence, if he's not, then that's the vibe I'm picking up on.

He is the most frustrating player to watch, knowing what he can do from start of season.  

No doubting he's skillful. Fast. Intelligent with the ball. But never been a big admirer and continues to annoy me of his continued starting place when for weeks and months he's not been top of his game.

Reminds me very much of MOH form.. summer and decent pitches he's good.. Come November on, clearly not as good.

As for his absence for County away. I was happy to see it. Refreshing.  Reasons why he is out, I'd say he is needing a rest anyway. Squad rotation should be the reason.

I had a conversation this morning and was told that Easton should be signing a new contract soon.When I said  What about "The wee man" The answer I got was I' m hopeful that he will 

I hope easton sign's soon and image midge and Liam Craig will get offers soon as they have reacted there appearance clauses think tam scobbie might not get an offer always reliable thou and always gives 100 percent ,Hunter will probably leave but you never know with Tommy