Player contracts and transfers

David123

Zander has shown he is number 1 

Has he though? He started the season very well, but has since suffered from a slight dip in form. Mannus has done extremely well since returning to the team and is justifiably maintaining his starting place at the moment.

SunSport reporting that Motherwell are wanting O'Halloran on loan, in conjunction with a deal to sell Louis Moult to Sevco.

If this has any truth in it, then this would show that Gers are willing to loan out O'Halloran, so I'd of thought that would open the door for his services to us also. Albeit this would be particularly harder as he is currently being used as a bargaining chip for Moult to go to Ibrox. I'd imagine that a European tour and our consistency (and familiarity) would make us the preferred choice by both Mikey and Sevco against competition for any loan deal for him?

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1044441/rangers-michael-ohalloran-motherwell-louis-moult/?CMP=Spklr-_-Editorial-_-ScottishSunSport-_-Sport-_-FBLink-_-Statement-_-FBPAGE

Edited by Wee Mental Davie

If MOH has read (and he probably has) some of the comments against him on here and on FB and other social media, then he may well think twice about coming back. There's been a lot of over the top stuff about him. I'd welcome him back.

Players get scrutinised by fans at any club - look at us (including myself) with Mannus, and Tam - it comes with the job of being a footballer.

It's whether or not he'd be willing to come back to us, knowing what awaits him - good manager, a consistent team with great social core etc, which would get the best out of him.

Edited by Wee Mental Davie

Mannus is a great keeper but I question the logic in giving him another year

Zander has shown he is number 1 and I think although Mannus is a great keeper and a great servant his wages would have been better spent elsewhere

Well thanks to the participation of Mannus in the Euro 2016 the club got paid 107490 euros so surely part of this money being paid to him in wages is deserved. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38838606

If MOH has read (and he probably has) some of the comments against him on here and on FB and other social media, then he may well think twice about coming back. There's been a lot of over the top stuff about him. I'd welcome him back.

What like? Folk saying he never gave a **** after The Rangers showed an interest? True. Folk saying he wasn't the best footballer but was quick? True.

Scottish Sun has us as one of a few clubs "tracking" Simon Murray. Apparently us, Kilmarnock and Partick are tracking him, United have offered him a new contract, and Hibernian have just made an offer that "races them to the front of the queue"

Lennon was singing his praises at the Falkirk game so it may be true.

I see Chris Smith has signed for St Mirren ,Random.

Lennon was singing his praises at the Falkirk game so it may be true.

I see Chris Smith has signed for St Mirren ,Random.

Cammy Smith?

And no surprise there, hes considered an important player for them, so they were always going to be his first choice. I doubt we had too much interest in him.

There was a suggestion from a Birmingham fan on Twitter that we'd enquired about Greg Stewart on loan, along with it being heavily suggested we've also enquired about O'Halloran (I don't buy the Moult = MOH+£500k story, deals like that dont exist anymore that I can remember, and are only ever mentioned by people trying to start rumours). Scougalls dad has mentioned in conversations on Twitter that his phones been ringing non-stop for the past month, I'd be amazed if we even had one of the top five offers on the table, money wise.

Coulson was very much short at this level. He added very little to the side any time he played and I'm hopeful that we can find someone to take him off our hands. He simply isn't good enough. I'd far rather Thompson or Hurst got game time than him.

Watson simply can't be relied upon to stay injury free. It's a shame, but with a solid dependable right-back in Ricky- he's a wage we can free up. Would be happy enough with Smith, Comrie and if required Joe as back-ups. That would likely free up cash towards a forward players wage.

Keith Watson and Michael Coulson have been told they are free to find new clubs.

Free's up some wages.

Watson, Swanson and Coulson out, as well as a small wage budget increase from Sir Steve Brown..

Some of the names being banded around to come in, who do you want/who is realistic:

Stevie May

Michael O'Halloran

Chris Maguire

James Dunne

Clive Smith

Stefan Scougall

Alex Samizadeh

Billy Mckay

Simon Murray

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

Disappointed about Watson. Thought he played really well when he did, and him and Foster worked well down that right side together. I would have kept him until the end of his contract at least, hoping he was maybe over his injury problems next season

Disappointed about Watson. Thought he played really well when he did, and him and Foster worked well down that right side together. I would have kept him until the end of his contract at least, hoping he was maybe over his injury problems next season

When does his contract end?

Look at the power of abuse he was getting on social media when it became apparent that he was signing for The Rangers, and that was from the knuckle draggers. Him and his family were subject to all manner of bigoted abuse (and still does apparently) Never stopped him going though, so money talks. I'd like to see him back, and Tommys just the man to get him playing again 

He had another year I'm sure

Not the same as being released though. If we release them then we'd need to pay them compensation for their wages, so it's easier to allow them to leave to another club on a free transfer. Highly doubt he or Coulson would want to stay with the limited opportunities they're getting just now.

Guest ScottMann

Being free to find a new club and finding one are two different things.  They might still be with us next season. St Mirren are signing loads so maybe they might want him again given the successful time he had there before joining us. Jackie Macnamara's York have plummeted two divisions since Coulson left so they might be at the right level for him going back there now.

Free's up some wages.

Watson, Swanson and Coulson out, as well as a small wage budget increase from Sir Steve Brown..

Some of the names being banded around to come in, who do you want/who is realistic:

Stevie May

Michael O'Halloran

Chris Maguire

James Dunne

Clive Smith

Stefan Scougall

Alex Samizadeh

Billy Mckay

Simon Murray

A lot of good players on there come back James dunne and stevie may saints legends

Slightly off topic, although plenty on here said we should sign him, but is it just me that finds it strange that County have only put a £1 million figure on Boyce? Scored more than Sinclair and Dembele in a far worse team. I would have said £5 million at least if I were Uncle Roy - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39993799