Player contracts and transfers

David123

Im sure I read before, that if a teams agreed to pay part of the players wages (we're APPARENTLY paying £1kpw of his £7kpw contract) then it becomes binding, and Rangers cant call him back. 

Nonsense. What is binding is what the individual contract says is binding. The only over-arching rule is you can't play against the parent club, for obvious reasons.

They paid £1.5m for him, and he's got two years left on his deal. You're telling me they're paying off his contract and costing themselves money to get rid of him? 

I'm not telling you "they're paying off his contract"

What I said was sorting out a financial departure, however much that will be is not known.

Nonsense. What is binding is what the individual contract says is binding. The only over-arching rule is you can't play against the parent club, for obvious reasons.

A loan is a transfer of registration, if we're paying for the registration, he's ours, as long as we keep the payments up. Ones without fees are technically different, as far as I know. 

I'm not telling you "they're paying off his contract"

What I said was sorting out a financial departure, however much that will be is not known.

What's the difference? You're suggesting they're agreeing a mutual termination with him, he's hardly going to write off a huge contract for nothing and then accept a wage that, at best, would be a quarter of what that contract is. 

Ciftci and MOH are probably on deals over and above their standings as players because of the teams they play for. 

On the flip side, neither are within a million miles of their parent club first team. Both would maybe prefer £2k a week and to feel loved, wanted and to get the chance to score goals every week.

Derek Riordan was on £27k a week in China. When he came back here, he had to take a big pay cut. 

With Tommy saying he would like to bring two in, I'm going to be controversial here and throw a second name into the hat that is maybe worth a chance and would come cheap. 

David Goodwillie? 

Ciftci and MOH are probably on deals over and above their standings as players because of the teams they play for. 

On the flip side, neither are within a million miles of their parent club first team. Both would maybe prefer £2k a week and to feel loved, wanted and to get the chance to score goals every week.

Derek Riordan was on £27k a week in China. When he came back here, he had to take a big pay cut. 

With Tommy saying he would like to bring two in, I'm going to be controversial here and throw a second name into the hat that is maybe worth a chance and would come cheap. 

David Goodwillie? 

Was thinking Goodwillie might be a worth a punt. I'd be surprised if he didn't still have goals in him at this level. As you say he'd be cheap and would be keen to prove himself. Problem is folk who are desperate to take offence at him on behalf of someone else...

Zero chance of Goodwillie coming. There was a statement from Brown a while ago about recruitment and how they look at a players background in deciding. He mentioned there had been someone but they wouldnt fit in with the family image of the club and fans wouldnt take to it. Whilst no name mentioned, im certain it was referring to Goodwillie and that summer two years ago we were to sign him.

Zero chance of Goodwillie coming. There was a statement from Brown a while ago about recruitment and how they look at a players background in deciding. He mentioned there had been someone but they wouldnt fit in with the family image of the club and fans wouldnt take to it. Whilst no name mentioned, im certain it was referring to Goodwillie and that summer two years ago we were to sign him.

We had Robertson who was involved in the very same incident. If the player is hungry and can prove he's matured, it's virtually risk free. 

A lot of people used similar arguements against the signing of Jody Morris with his bad boy image but people make mistakes and people mature. Learning from a mistake is more important than making it in the first place.

Another way to look at the higher paid players, is that the club could save £750000 if they get them off the wages,so I think the hu ns would be happy for that, as they're not rolling in cash

Rangers won't release O'Halloran. Keeps playing like this they might even get their £500k back from down South. 

Celtic won't release Ciftci, they'll be able to recoup some of their £1.5m by selling him onto the continent. 

Goodwillie signed a three year deal with Clyde this Summer, and seems to prefer being in the lower leagues and out the spotlight. His last season up here was worse, goals per minute wise, than Kane last season. 

Which ones wrong? 

Ciftcis currently in talks with the Turkish team Elazığspor, fwiw. 

Not saying that any of them are wrong. But, obviously, I'm in total disagreement with the David Goodwillie paragraph. After his complete failure at Ross County and his unremarkable stint at amateur side Doune Castle, he has made a promising start for Clyde in League Two. Wouldn't be surprised if he is one of Tommy's top targets. However, I won't reveal whether he is #JewelNumber3 or not.

Edited by The Real Saints

Rangers won't release O'Halloran. Keeps playing like this they might even get their £500k back from down South. 

Celtic won't release Ciftci, they'll be able to recoup some of their £1.5m by selling him onto the continent. 

Goodwillie signed a three year deal with Clyde this Summer, and seems to prefer being in the lower leagues and out the spotlight. His last season up here was worse, goals per minute wise, than Kane last season. 

I still think there's a player in Goodwillie. He maybe needed to drop down a few tiers to find his form again. He looked like a guy bereft of confidence last time he played in the Prem but this stint at Clyde may have done him good. 

It worked wonders for Stephen Dobbie many moons ago.

He signed a three year deal a few months ago, theyd definitely expect a fee. I suspect TRS is on the wind up, though. 

That much is obvious. We could potentially sweeten any deal with the promise of a few loans to help them out over the next few years. I can't imagine he's on more than £20k a year at Clyde.