Player contracts and transfers

David123

1 minute ago, RandomGuy said:

Delightful news, although his farewell message says he only got told he could leave in the past 24 hours. Ties in with the feeling we're rushing things a bit. 

Fwiw the rumour goes that youth wages are so insignificant to clubs like Man U, they're happy to give you the players for almost mother in exchange of their development. 

Have to wonder where Patons wages are going, and why everythings being so rushed. @Kinnoull Kicker

almost mother? Is that like a stepmother?

9 minutes ago, MrBored said:

Going to be interesting to see where the Paton thing came from. Did he ask away, or has Tommy shown him the door.

If its Tommy, there are others that should be out before Paton (e.g.Watson). While not the most talented, at least he put a shift in.

Watson can't play for another team this season since TW randomly started him against Thistle, so he won't be leaving. 

2 minutes ago, saint_markperth said:

What the ****? Paton has been decent why let him go and keep cripples like Chris Millar who can only play every 16th Tuesday? Ridiculous 

"Cripples like Chris Millar" one of the best players to wear a saints shirt .do you think they should put him down.! ya daftie.!

1 minute ago, RandomGuy said:

Watson can't play for another team this season since TW randomly started him against Thistle, so he won't be leaving. 

Can he not go to Hartlepool under freedom of contract? I know they are barred from making 'normal' transfers, but didn't think that stopped them making free transfers.

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Delightful news, although his farewell message says he only got told he could leave in the past 24 hours. Ties in with the feeling we're rushing things a bit. 

Fwiw the rumour goes that youth wages are so insignificant to clubs like Man U, they're happy to give you the players for almost mother in exchange of their development. 

Have to wonder where Patons wages are going, and why everythings being so rushed. @Kinnoull Kicker

Delightful news is a bit strong & disrespectful Random.

As Rik knows iI didn't rate him as a footballer but he always gave 100% for Saints.

Thanks for that Pates.

Think it makes sense as he’ll be on a fair wage, by our standards. Depends on whether we bring someone in though or use the freed wages for the rest of the season to maybe pay a small fee for the Killie player.

I never rated Paton, but I’d have freed others before him. Maybe we can’t/couldn’t agree to let others go.

4 minutes ago, MrBored said:

Can he not go to Hartlepool under freedom of contract? I know they are barred from making 'normal' transfers, but didn't think that stopped them making free transfers.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

True enough yeah, never considered him rejoining them

Not like you to post without given everything due consideration "ahem"

I heard this a few weeks back, about a swap with Paton and Drapper at Ross county, I did ask the question then  about how many teams could a player play for back then as I knew Drapper had played for two already, so I wrote it off as a load shite (Which it may well have been).    

Just remembered same night I was told Dundee were wanting £1M + for a free agent signed in the summer .

Some ****ing Party ( Copious amount drink was had ) :wink:

Edited by Center Half

2 minutes ago, saint_markperth said:

It's subjective - I don't like him as a player, I wouldn't have him put down but I would pay him a wage 

Its pretty obvious you dont like him as a player.! But it does not seem too long ago he won MOTM  week after week after week. ? Remember.?

Trying to get fit and shake off injuries sustained whilst playing for saints .!and a couple of games he played his contribution was the reason we took the points.!obviously you have only been going to see saints for the last 12 months ,thats a year BTW a long time in the life of a "Cripple"..! cringe.!

57 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

He at no point says in his message that he was told to go. She says it has been a crazy 24 hours. He might have been offered a contract somewhere dependent on a release for all we know. 

As for the young lad from man united in his interview he says he was on trial at Utrecht. So I wonder if his period here is a trial with the possibility of a contract at the end. 

5 minutes ago, croc said:

Trying to get fit and shake off injuries sustained whilst playing for saints .!and a couple of games he played his contribution was the reason we took the points.!obviously you have only been going to see saints for the last 12 months ,thats a year BTW a long time in the life of a "Cripple"..! cringe.!

Obviously I've been going to see saints 30 years..... But by your logic because he was good or is a legend we should pay him until he retires, that's what got us in this state with all players that are not as good or cannot play