Player contracts and transfers

David123

Rowan Vine at the end of last season was shite . This was a guy who was confident in these performances winning him a new contract , so much so that he was SO shocked he never received one .

Sorry but if you don't put in the effort to match your ability then you are a luxury Saints cannot afford , move on . . . . NEXT .

Well said, I think vine is a luxury we can't afford I myself wouldn't have offered him a new contract on the performances of last season only the Celtic and the hibs game did we see a good performance looked fukt after 60 min s in just about every game I'd much rather have may given a chance to prove he can cut it in the top league

If only Rowan was as good as the report in the Sunday Post 37 goals in 7 games for St Johnstone.

He would then have been worthy of a contract offer from us instead of his contract expiring.

As for the guff about nobody at the club telling him he was not getting another contract......read the expiry date on the last one and if no-one has offered talks about a new one then it is not rocket science to realise you are a free agent.

If only Rowan was as good as the report in the Sunday Post 37 goals in 7 games for St Johnstone.

He would then have been worthy of a contract offer from us instead of his contract expiring.

As for the guff about nobody at the club telling him he was not getting another contract......read the expiry date on the last one and if no-one has offered talks about a new one then it is not rocket science to realise you are a free agent.

That is far too sensible. Who would've thought of that?

I expect the final league table to be even more unpredictable than last season.  In all honesty, I think we could point at a significant weakening of most teams, particularly Dundee United, Ross County and Motherwell.  Even without Griffiths, I suspect Hibs will be slightly improved, but quite simply won't score as many goals, so their performance in the league is very difficult to predict.  Aberdeen will be much improved, in attitude and workrate as much as anything, and the rest may be much the same as last season.  Inverness are an unknown as they have so many new faces.  Obviously Hearts will start 15 points down and short of many players, so it is fair to expect them to struggle to catch up.

Exciting prospect for this season.  The first year of the SPFL Premiership or whatever it is called could be very close indeed, behind the stick on winners.

Guest Mongy Max

Vine on stv scotland news greetin about Saints not offering him a contract , get over it Rowan . . . . We have .

And we did in January as well (apparently)

To be honest if what he says is true, it is bad crack that he wasn't told he was surplus to requirements. Just seems this is the way football is run...

Ok let's think about this. You are employed by A and your contract runs out in May. Do you

A. Do nothing and let your contract run out

B. Ask either yourself or get your agent to if you are getting a new contract?

If he did only find out in the press he is as much to blame as the club. Communication is a two way thing.

From the record website...

"When I knew I was coming away from St Johnstone, I told my representatives that I had enjoyed it in Scotland but if I was to come back I would want to play for one of the proper clubs in the SPL.

"And I think Hibs are widely regarded as being up there as a proper football club with proper facilities and somewhere you should enjoy playing your football."

Is he insinuating that he thinks we aren't a proper club?

Edited by Phil

Sometimes I wish players would keep their mouths shut....

""Everything pointed to them wanting to keep me, I didn't think I needed a conversation.

"I just had a very short conversation with the manager at the time and he said he didn't think the club were going to be able to fit me into the budget, we needed to get third in the league, which we did, and he was going to come back to me after that."

Didn't need a conversation? Everything pointing to us wanting to keep him and then in the next sentence he says Lomas didn't think we could afford him for the new season?

I suspect both parties could have handled it better....but sour things with a pop in the press?