Player contracts and transfers

David123

2 minutes ago, Papa Jack said:

Kane is exactly what we need...a cheap backup striker. McMillan is probably just in the wrong squad at the wrong time and too expensive to keep.

Disagree, does that mean Hendry also fall into that category ?? Kane has been tried, tried and tried again with no visible improvement he poses little or no threat to the opposition

1 hour ago, SconeSaintees said:

Brilliant you have just contradicted yourself what do you want mobility, which we now have in abundance or goal scoring threat???

Say what you like but we would never have scored on Wednesday night if it was not for the lead up play from Chris Kane.

Were you even at the game?

7 minutes ago, akuram said:

Say what you like but we would never have scored on Wednesday night if it was not for the lead up play from Chris Kane.

Were you even at the game?

Yes freezing my ballocks of in the east stand blue seats directly on the half way line, were you? Come and have a chat!! Where were you in the dark days of 2nd division football?? I was following them home and away been the course!! Be intersted to hear your history

16 minutes ago, SconeSaintees said:

Yes freezing my ballocks of in the east stand blue seats directly on the half way line, were you? Come and have a chat!! Where were you in the dark days of 2nd division football?? I was following them home and away been the course!! Be intersted to hear your history

let's be civil folks! the few times I've seen Kane, he seems a decent squad player. not a standout, but plugs away. we need some of those...

17 minutes ago, SconeSaintees said:

Also all through these days in the far flung corners on cold nights as I was on Wednesday. Remember the cup replay at Berwick?

Enjoy the rest of the season, just a pity our crowds are so poor when we are playing so well. Perth should support better.

4 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

The second division days were awful for the club but great fun.

Agree we had some unbelievable away days during that painful period in the clubs history. But just amazing to have been part of the journey from these days to Vasa, Monaco, Rosenberg, Luzern, etc etc cup winners and this really exciting squad which has now been assembled.

Privileged to have experienced it

3 minutes ago, akuram said:

Also all through these days in the far flung corners on cold nights as I was on Wednesday. Remember the cup replay at Berwick?

Enjoy the rest of the season, just a pity our crowds are so poor when we are playing so well. Perth should support better.

Yes I was there we had to walk around the pitch to get our seats which were old tractor seats attached to railway sleepers the weather was dreadful

Late to the party on the Liam Craig news, but If I'd been told at the start of the season that he would be our starting centre midfielder in most games I'd have been a bit gutted at our lack of improvement in that area to be honest.

However, he has been excellent in the holding midfield role, and delivered consistently good performances all season. Thoroughly deserves his new contract.

Is that good enough???

yes, within our means. the Kerrs, Tanser, Gordon, Shaughnessy,  Clark, Watt, Kennedy, O'Hallorran, Wright (if he's ever fit...), we need players to cover. he's a squad player. we can't budget good players on this scale. he's a good squad player. give him a chance. 

2 hours ago, SconeSaintees said:

I think McMillan has realised his opportunity has significantly diminished not fault of his own I feel for the guy. His unfotunate injury meant that events passed him buy, others which I am sure were on the radar but unavailable at the time have subsequently become available at an affordable cost

Don't actually think his injury was as detrimental to him as our battering against the old firm. He had been back in the team and doing well. Those results changed our formation and the rise of Matty as a striker.

Is that good enough???

Give it a break. Hope the guy isn't on this site. The guy gives his all for the team. He won more balls in the air than Watt. Gave the defenders a harder time than Watt. The guy is good on the ball . Was one of our better players against Dundee.

Yes he made a few bad decisions or bad passes & maybe should have scored more but he is getting in the position to miss. I think if he gets a couple of goals & a bit of confidence you will the appreciate his contribution.

2 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Give it a break. Hope the guy isn't on this site. The guy gives his all for the team. He won more balls in the air than Watt. Gave the defenders a harder time than Watt. The guy is good on the ball . Was one of our better players against Dundee.

Yes he made a few bad decisions or bad passes & maybe should have scored more but he is getting in the position to miss. I think if he gets a couple of goals & a bit of confidence you will the appreciate his contribution.

Never called his conribution into question what is being debated is his quality. So from your analysis you would be happy Kane stay and Watt go 

6 minutes ago, SconeSaintees said:

Never called his conribution into question what is being debated is his quality. So from your analysis you would be happy Kane stay and Watt go 

More than happy for Kane to stay. Would like us to keep Watt but wouldn't be concerned if he wanted to go.

Well I guess the positive thing about democracy is the airing of opposing opinions. However I would suggest more of the support would err on the side of Watt stay if it was a straight vote v Kane if only one wage was the defining factor. however that is not the case so good to share views. More importantly the focus is on humping the Jam Tarts

46 minutes ago, Cagey said:

completely agree....

17 minutes ago, SconeSaintees said:

Well I guess the positive thing about democracy is the airing of opposing opinions. However I would suggest more of the support would err on the side of Watt stay if it was a straight vote v Kane if only one wage was the defining factor. however that is not the case so good to share views. More importantly the focus is on humping the Jam Tarts

why has this turned into a Watt vs Kane contract??? pull it in. Watt is class, Kane is a good squad player, and hopefully develop around good strikers/ midfielders.  your remarks are not good for the player, or his hopeful progression. pull it in.