Player contracts and transfers

David123

2 minutes ago, Lt. Col Kojak Slaphead II said:

Biggest stumbling block in our attempts to re-sign Joe has been the fact he is represented by his Dad, who by all accounts has proved a massive stumbling block in any attempted deal.   

Deal is on the table from Aberdeen but I think Joe is holding out for a potential move down South.   one thing is for certain, he will not be at Saints next year I do not think.  

If that's the case - and I don't doubt you're speaking truth - then it's time to give Gordon and Kerr a run at centre back. Shaughnessy can play the last half an hour of the last home game to say his goodbyes and get his thanks, but we need to start looking to the future and if he's not part of it, he shouldn't be in the team.

4 minutes ago, Kyle said:

If that's the case - and I don't doubt you're speaking truth - then it's time to give Gordon and Kerr a run at centre back. Shaughnessy can play the last half an hour of the last home game to say his goodbyes and get his thanks, but we need to start looking to the future and if he's not part of it, he shouldn't be in the team.

100% agree, he has been a fantastic player for us, incredibly consistent and very rarely missed a game but if he has decided its time to move on then so be it, he is not irreplaceable by any means.  Liam has proved he is more than capable to slot into that defence when called upon, now its time he is given an extended run until the end of the season.   I see absolutely no reason to continue playing a player you know will not be with us next season, captain or not.  

1 hour ago, Lt. Col Kojak Slaphead II said:

Biggest stumbling block in our attempts to re-sign Joe has been the fact he is represented by his Dad, who by all accounts has proved a massive stumbling block in any attempted deal.   

Deal is on the table from Aberdeen but I think Joe is holding out for a potential move down South.   one thing is for certain, he will not be at Saints next year I do not think.  

Not sure what makes him think he will get a move down south. Maybe if he had continued his form from first half of the season ,then maybe.

Aberdeen is his best bet as I think he has burned his bridges  with Tommy who I think has givren his final offer.

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

It's a kind of catch 22. We drop Shaughnessy and give Gordon and Kerr a run in the team until the end of the season and it does not work out we could lose over a hundred  thousand pounds as we fall down the league.

7th - £1.36m (5.75%)
8th - £1.3m (5.5%)
9th - £1.24m (5.25%)
10th - £1.19m (5.0%)
11th - £1.13m (4.75%)
12th - £1.07m (4.5%)

What do we see as being more important, the money which could be used to finance another central defender and other positions or trying out the partnership? In my opinion the money is more important. 

3 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

It's a kind of catch 22. We drop Shaughnessy and give Gordon and Kerr a run in the team until the end of the season and it does not work out we could lose over a hundred  thousand pounds as we fall down the league.

7th - £1.36m (5.75%)
8th - £1.3m (5.5%)
9th - £1.24m (5.25%)
10th - £1.19m (5.0%)
11th - £1.13m (4.75%)
12th - £1.07m (4.5%)

What do we see as being more important, the money which could be used to finance another central defender and other positions or trying out the partnership? In my opinion the money is more important. 

Its a very valid point you are correct.  Tough call for Tommy.

39 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

7th - £1.36m (5.75%)
8th - £1.3m (5.5%)
9th - £1.24m (5.25%)
10th - £1.19m (5.0%)
11th - £1.13m (4.75%)
12th - £1.07m (4.5%)

Shaunassy to Aberdeen , May back to Perth ...

its going to happen season ticket seller bring him back

58 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

7th - £1.36m (5.75%)
8th - £1.3m (5.5%)
9th - £1.24m (5.25%)
10th - £1.19m (5.0%)
11th - £1.13m (4.75%)
12th - £1.07m (4.5%)

Your post seems to sum up the failings with Scottish football very well. However, what if Motherwell finish above us due to them throwing in some great 16, 17 and 18 year olds?  They then benefit from more money and bleeding through youth.

Liam Gordon has been very near the top performer in man of the match polls every time he has played. I don't think the risk lies with him and Kerr playing together.

2 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

Your post seems to sum up the failings with Scottish football very well. However, what if Motherwell finish above us due to them throwing in some great 16, 17 and 18 year olds?  They then benefit from more money and bleeding through youth.

Liam Gordon has been very near the top performer in man of the match polls every time he has played. I don't think the risk lies with him and Kerr playing together.

Football is all about" what ifs" and "opinions" that's what makes it a great conversational game. What if your right, what if I am right, we will never know because all the scenarios can not come to fruition. We will have to agree to disagree and see how the club play out Joe's situation.

1 hour ago, Johnny B said:

Football is all about" what ifs" and "opinions" that's what makes it a great conversational game. What if your right, what if I am right, we will never know because all the scenarios can not come to fruition. We will have to agree to disagree and see how the club play out Joe's situation.

It probably won't play out as Tommy doesn't seem to be the sort of person that would make the call to drop Joe.

In my opinion, unless you are Steve Brown, you should really be wanting to try out a promising youngster over someone who isn't sure if they want to be at the club.

7 hours ago, Johnny B said:

7th - £1.36m (5.75%)
8th - £1.3m (5.5%)
9th - £1.24m (5.25%)
10th - £1.19m (5.0%)
11th - £1.13m (4.75%)
12th - £1.07m (4.5%)

Have to disagree as Gordon would have been a better option than joe since the break and could have maybe been top six if he was playing, as to me joe has been one of the issues that we are bottom six, been terrible since the turn of the year and should have been dropped but I think tommy plays him in the blind hope he is staying when the young lad Gordon should have been in based on performances rather than blinded loyalty to a liability at centre half, who is a poor excuse as a captain and lacks any inspiration qualities at all.

8 hours ago, Johnny B said:

7th - £1.36m (5.75%)
8th - £1.3m (5.5%)
9th - £1.24m (5.25%)
10th - £1.19m (5.0%)
11th - £1.13m (4.75%)
12th - £1.07m (4.5%)

Finish as high as possible.

Top of bottom six please.

58 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

Are you saying 4th tier England can more than us? and is he as good as his stats?

If theres League One interest, he'll likely be out our price range, tbf.

I dont think we'll ever be the biggest team after the top scorer in that division. 

Are you saying 4th tier England can more than us? and is he as good as his stats?

Tranmere picked him up on a free from Forest Green who also picked him up on a free from ?? Current value 45k.

On current form probably attracting some interest from Div1 or Championship clubs.

Will give him the once over :laugh: on April 22nd when Tranmere visit Lincoln.

Edited by Indicator

Aberdeen are ready to withdraw their pre-contract offer to St Johnstoneskipper Joe Shaughnessy after growing frustrated by the lengthy negotiations with the former Pittodrie defender. (Sun) https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4089006/derek-mcinnes-aberdeen-joe-shaughnessy-st-johnstone/

If it's in the Sun must be true

18 hours ago, Johnny B said:

Yes, they pay more than us, plus there is still a good chance of Tranmere moving up another division. There has been plenty of interest, as you would expect, from ‘bigger’ clubs but the grass is not always greener, just ask Andy Cook who left us last season.

12 hours ago, Johnny B said:

Aberdeen are ready to withdraw their pre-contract offer to St Johnstoneskipper Joe Shaughnessy after growing frustrated by the lengthy negotiations with the former Pittodrie defender. (Sun) https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4089006/derek-mcinnes-aberdeen-joe-shaughnessy-st-johnstone/

Saints have also withdrawn offer to Joe.  It is up to him or his representative to re-open negotations.  Joe and his rep (heard it was his father) playing long game in the hope others come in seems to be back firing.

Pity Kerr red carded and suspended or would be ideal time to put Joe on bench or in the stand.

29 minutes ago, Rob said:

Anyone think Tony Watt will be with us next season. He hasnt been getting starts lately and injured at the moment, not fully dropped. Im wondering who will pick him up after what hasnt been a good season for him.

Manager confirmed today that his wage demands are beyond what the club think hes worth, so he'll be gone in the Summer.