Player contracts and transfers

David123

We couldn't come close to affording Abeid when he was a no hope Newcastle youth player who was being loaned out, clueless how you think we could afford him now hes a fully grown senior pro with games in the top tier of England and France.

At Dijon he apparently earned £51k a month.

Breaking News

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

We couldn't come close to affording Abeid when he was a no hope Newcastle youth player who was being loaned out, clueless how you think we could afford him now hes a fully grown senior pro with games in the top tier of England and France.

Random Guy admits he is clueless!!!!

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Calm down - like many on WAP I recall this guy making a great impact in his short spell with us; can't think of many better short term loan signings. Of course he is likely to be out of our league - but there are many players with so-called great pedigrees who drop levels and salaries - though probably not this one sadly. 

8 hours ago, Cagey said:

Cammy Kerr saying he was offered a contract with premiership team but decided to stay with Dundee.

Could have been Saints.

Wow. Thank goodness! He is one of the reasons Dundee are plummeting downwards. We need to be showing a bit more guile in picking up good squad players who can contribute.

29 minutes ago, bankfoot saint said:

Has he not activated a clause in his contract to get a transfer some figures for as low as £50 k

According to the article he has, my point was more that if Livi are receiving interest in him what sort of interest has been shown in Zander? Surely some must have picked up on his performances or has Peter Grant done us a great service in keeping Zander off the radar? 

2 hours ago, garydavidson said:

According to the article he has, my point was more that if Livi are receiving interest in him what sort of interest has been shown in Zander? Surely some must have picked up on his performances or has Peter Grant done us a great service in keeping Zander off the radar? 

2 similarly rated keepers, 1 for 50k the other for over 1M. I know which one I'd enquire about.

Guest ScottMann

Kelly's meant to be going to QPR. After Les Ferdinand's visit earlier in the season I wonder if they were choosing between Zander and Kelly and have gone with the Livi guy. 

12 minutes ago, ScottMann said:

Kelly's meant to be going to QPR. After Les Ferdinand's visit earlier in the season I wonder if they were choosing between Zander and Kelly and have gone with the Livi guy. 

£50 grand v £1 mill. No brainer. 

7 hours ago, weesainty said:

Aberdeen have signed Curtis Main do you think tommy will try for Steve may 

Dundee United, and their hilariously ludicrous spending (spent almost £1m in January alone on fees/agent fees) are apparently trying to sign him permanently. 

Dundee are also keeping a "top six" budget next season.

The league really should have restrictions on spending for the sake of the clubs tbh, theres now two clubs in Dundee completely reliant on an overseas investor to keep them running.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Dundee United, and their hilariously ludicrous spending (spent almost £1m in January alone on fees/agent fees) are apparently trying to sign him permanently. 

The league really should have restrictions on spending for the sake of the clubs tbh, theres now two clubs in Dundee completely reliant on an overseas investor to keep them running.

Dundee being linked with Kris Doolan. 

6 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Dundee are also charging more for a standard adult season ticket than any Premiership club outside the Old Firm. I'm very much looking forward to their next spell in administration. How many times will that be now.

Hamilton have signed their second player from St Johnstone this summer with the capture of midfielder Blair Alston.

The 27-year-old follows Brian Easton in moving to New Douglas Park.

The former Falkirk player spent three years with Saints, and scored four goals in 26 appearances last season, but was not offered a new contract. SKY NEWS

2 hours ago, Johnny B said:

Hamilton have signed their second player from St Johnstone this summer with the capture of midfielder Blair Alston.

The 27-year-old follows Brian Easton in moving to New Douglas Park.

The former Falkirk player spent three years with Saints, and scored four goals in 26 appearances last season, but was not offered a new contract. SKY NEWS

Good luck to Blair & Brian , but obviously not against Saints.