Player contracts and transfers

David123

39 minutes ago, Kilgour said:

TW not pulling his punches in todays Daily Record...hope SB doesnt choke on his Pina Colada !

Theres an argument he'd have plenty of money to spend if TW hadn't persuaded Brown to saddle us with Callachan and McMillan on deals we can't get out of, and thats before you bring up the fact hes persuaded Brown to pay hefty wages to Kennedy, Wright, MOH and Swanson. 

Do we need all four?

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Have they?

Well, they've signed a midfielder who played for Udinese 4 times, but was sold by them to a Danish team who were relegated from the top flight last year.....so sort of.

Can't see how it will affect the Shaw loan. I think we might be looking for a triple loan from Rangers: Holt, Dodoo & some 19 year old led back no one has heard of

26 minutes ago, Linky said:

Well, they've signed a midfielder who played for Udinese 4 times, but was sold by them to a Danish team who were relegated from the top flight last year.....so sort of.

Can't see how it will affect the Shaw loan. I think we might be looking for a triple loan from Rangers: Holt, Dodoo & some 19 year old led back no one has heard of

I think we all know which one we will sign......

1 hour ago, SconeSaintees said:

Hibs have signed a striker from Udinese, so unfortunately the Olly Shaw move could be back on

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Have they?

50 minutes ago, SconeSaintees said:

According to Daily Record

Just for folks reference. 

Hallberg is a central midfielder who last played for Udinese in 2015 and has spent the four years since dotting about Scandanavian sides on loan. He left Udinese permanently last Summer to sign for a club who were relegated from Swedens top flight, which activated a release clause that let him move for nothing this Summer.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Just for folks reference. 

Hallberg is a central midfielder who last played for Udinese in 2015 and has spent the four years since dotting about Scandanavian sides on loan. He left Udinese permanently last Summer to sign for a club who were relegated from Swedens top flight, which activated a release clause that let him move for nothing this Summer.

Danish top-flight, not Swedish.

I know we are needing players in but last two games have shown if we can add to what we have we might have a decent season after today’s results a point v livi and coming from behind twice has shown this teams battling quality 

Hope the chairman is enjoying his holiday because hopefully he’s going to be busy next week.

There’s that word hopefully again !!

6 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Theres an argument he'd have plenty of money to spend if TW hadn't persuaded Brown to saddle us with Callachan and McMillan on deals we can't get out of, and thats before you bring up the fact hes persuaded Brown to pay hefty wages to Kennedy, Wright, MOH and Swanson. 

Do we need all four?

We don"the but no one want's Swanson

Edited by Johnny B

26 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

You might not like him but I rate him. Enough to persist anyway. 

I'm probably the biggest anti-Danny going, and I'd happily show him the door and kick his arse on the way out. 

I will however concede that today, against a heartless Hibs that were being torn ragged and with a ruined defence, he was OK for the last 8 minutes or so. 

But, I want him out. He's lazy and the talent he had has long disappeared. But more than anything else he's a 4 or 5th choice winger and we need his wages back.

52 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

You might not like him but I rate him. Enough to persist anyway. 

My answer was in reply to having too many wide players and having to let one go from Swanson O'Halloran Kennedy Wright or Wotherspoon I selected Swanson. Who would you let go?

Think you boys should show Danny Swanson some ****ing respect. Not only has he been a great servant to St Johnstone, winning games single handedly and showing great amounts of skill but the boys been in with the fans supporting Saints/his ex teammates when he was contracted to another Scottish side ffs

9 minutes ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

Think you boys should show Danny Swanson some ****ing respect. Not only has he been a great servant to St Johnstone, winning games single handedly and showing great amounts of skill but the boys been in with the fans supporting Saints/his ex teammates when he was contracted to another Scottish side ffs

Sorry what does 'show respect' mean? Of course he's been a great servant to the club. No denying that. 

But he's not up to it, and frankly I'd rather see a Saints team winning without him than losing with him. Let's keep wheeling out Anderson too eh?

Nostalgia, history etc all important. It's what makes a club. But there are limits. He's paid to do a job he's currently not able to do. 

After Ali McCann’s performance today I think Tommy should look at a midfielder to replace Liam Craig or Murray Davidson. He looks the real deal. I just hope we have the kahunas to stick with him for a full season.

Our defence looked ropey as hell again today but I just pray that he sticks with Gordon and Kerr as a pairing.

30 games for Kerr and Gordon as a partnership and 30 games for Ali McCann could pay dividends next season.

We need a striker, no doubt!!

17 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

After Ali McCann’s performance today I think Tommy should look at a midfielder to replace Liam Craig or Murray Davidson. He looks the real deal. I just hope we have the kahunas to stick with him for a full season.

Our defence looked ropey as hell again today but I just pray that he sticks with Gordon and Kerr as a pairing.

30 games for Kerr and Gordon as a partnership and 30 games for Ali McCann could pay dividends next season.

We need a striker, no doubt!!

And if we continue to lose 2 goals a game. how long do we persevere with them?  Having to score 3 goals a game to win a game will get us relegated.

1 minute ago, Johnny B said:

And if we continue to lose 2 goals a game. how long do we persevere with them?  Having to score 3 goals a game to win a game will get us relegated.

To be fair it was the first time they've played together for a while. I think that they showed enough last season to demonstrate that they have the capability. 

7 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Oh come on. 

Well it's true. MOH has had over six months of contributing almost nothing, and has now caught fire again, yet Swanson is in and out the team constantly yet is getting slaughtered from all angles.

I dont think we need him in the squad and think his wage could be used, but you're verging on coming across as something with an agenda with how far you're pushing your whole anti-Swanson thing. He came on today and set up the equalier with one of the best deliveries all game, you surely cant slate him and claim hes not contributing after that?