Player contracts and transfers

David123

Both Maclean and Whittaker while been decent players in years ago are both past it, tbh when saw it was Macca was starting for hearts on Saturday was delighted as was even struggling in his last year with us.

Livi seem to bring through decent centre halves, Lamie would be a good shout in the market we work in, experienced and steady (apart from defending at st mirren goal on Saturday!) but that is the level we are looking at.

Hopefully Booth signs on, as better defender than Tanser and at least puts his body in the way, maybe doesn’t offer so much going forward, but we need defenders first.

regards Celtic thought Darnell fisher was excellent once he got going with us and appears to be at a decent level down south.

19 minutes ago, TheYellowBox said:

All positive, but the cynic in me would suggest that would he say anything other than this if asked.

Slight concern and surprise that the club haven't already spoken to him though.

Yeah,sure big Joe said something similar. Fingers crossed but surprised we haven't opened talks yet. Even though we don't know what division we will be in next season we could have a release clause if we drop down.

1 hour ago, TheYellowBox said:

All positive, but the cynic in me would suggest that would he say anything other than this if asked.

Slight concern and surprise that the club haven't already spoken to him though.

Just thinking the same also why wait till 10 days before the window opens to announce he wants to stay 

Good news. 
The timing suggests that either:

A) the last few games have convinced him that we can stay up, and he wants to keep playing first team football.

b) His agent might have had a few initial conversations with other clubs, and the offers haven’t been what he’s been expecting 

Or both. Often these things are a mixture of head and heart.

Personally I feel it’s paper talk.. if you were at ‘Meet the Chairman’ earlier in the season, those present were given an insight to how re-signing players worked. Pretty much if the player hasn’t agreed in principal by the end of the year it’s unlikely he will. The club knows it he knows it. It was more or less confirmed that it’s down to agents and whether they are willing to pick up the phone... I’d say Matty is looking for something bigger and better... could be wrong?!? 

8 hours ago, akuram said:

Please please sign a big striker who can win the ball in the air and maybe score a goal or two.

We need a striker just as much as a centre half. Getting a big one,good in the air is probably impossible for Saints.

Tommy is pals with Lennon. I wonder if we could get Griffiths on loan for rest of season.

9 hours ago, akuram said:

Please please sign a big striker who can win the ball in the air and maybe score a goal or two.

We all wish but if such a guy is available how far down the list of clubs desperate to sign him do you think Saints would be?  

Still as you are a good Saintee I will make a last minute adjustment to my letter to Santa.

25 minutes ago, Cagey said:

We need a striker just as much as a centre half. Getting a big one,good in the air is probably impossible for Saints.

Tommy is pals with Lennon. I wonder if we could get Griffiths on loan for rest of season.

Over time I have deduced that you are a fairly savvy gentleman and your posts are well worth reading.

I can only surmise that because of the time of year you have been on the sauce all day and so I'm willing to give you a pass on this ludicrous suggestion.

However, it is the festive period and so I wish you salutations of the season good Sir.

We had all summer to get a big striker that plays as the 1 in Tommy's formation. But by popular demand we chased Stevie May. Now we have him and Tommy has realised May is not capable of being that loan striker. Even when Tommy started 2 forwards on Saturday he is on the bench. What a waste of money. 

So much for the predictions "he will score 15-20 goals a season"