Player contracts and transfers

David123

On 1/8/2020 at 7:22 AM, Johnny B said:

With players it is all about the money. He will go to the team that will pay him the biggest salary. 

I hope Matty has a word with Mikey,Danny,Liam & Shaughnessy to find out if grass is greener away from McDiarmid.

3 minutes ago, Cagey said:

I hope Matty has a word with Mikey,Danny,Liam & Shaughnessy to find out if grass is greener away from McDiarmid.

The money is 'greener'.   Aberdeen is a shithole though, having worked up there for 2 years, I'd have struggled with another one.   So Matty, if you go only sign a 2 year deal.   Stevie May will tell you all you need to know, and why he bought out his remaining contract to flee the dour city and crumbling stadium.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

I assume on a pre contract.

I would assume so considering these are the words of John Robertson - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51054945

"There's a lot of interest in a lot of our players - not many Championship clubs have players on the wanted list of so many other clubs.

"And that's testament to myself for finding them, and myself and my staff developing them."

"We are at the stage where bigger clubs can pick off our players," he said. "But one thing that has been made abundantly clear is they won't get them for peanuts."

"If they want to come and get them now that's their prerogative, but if they think they're going to get them cheap in the transfer window they've no chance.

6 hours ago, Dave H said:

The money is 'greener'.   Aberdeen is a shithole though, having worked up there for 2 years, I'd have struggled with another one.   So Matty, if you go only sign a 2 year deal.   Stevie May will tell you all you need to know, and why he bought out his remaining contract to flee the dour city and crumbling stadium.

Crappp

Aberdeen is far superior to Perth for a guy in his twenties. Stayed there for years and had the best time ever Partying and meeting great friends compared to Perth boring as hell its a great move ...Footballing wise god i do hope he stays....

9 hours ago, garydavidson said:

I would assume so considering these are the words of John Robertson - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51054945

"There's a lot of interest in a lot of our players - not many Championship clubs have players on the wanted list of so many other clubs.

"And that's testament to myself for finding them, and myself and my staff developing them."

"We are at the stage where bigger clubs can pick off our players," he said. "But one thing that has been made abundantly clear is they won't get them for peanuts."

"If they want to come and get them now that's their prerogative, but if they think they're going to get them cheap in the transfer window they've no chance.

****inell, can John Robertson possibly stash more inflated self-esteem up his rectum???? Next he'll claim Maradona was his midget lover.

4 hours ago, weesainty said:

No transfer rumours yet 

In the media you have Matty Kennedy to Aberdeen. McInnes publicly saying he wants to sign him, and wants him in this window. Ross Callachan linked to QOS and Dundee, Dundee manager saying he admires him.

We've been linked to Shaun Rooney, ICT RB. On a PCA but he would be available in this window for a nominal fee apparently. 

Pure rumour has Raith fans also saying they're after Callachan, ICT fans saying they're offering Chris Kane a PCA, and Arbroath fans claiming we're interested in Thomas O'Brien. Although they've said that the past three windows.

Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes hasn’t ruled out taking St Johnstone winger Matty Kennedy to Pittodrie this month.

The Dons manager has confirmed that he has now spoken to the Perth player and is “hopeful” of securing his pre-contract move for the summer.

McInnes has also left the door open for a deal being pushed through in the next couple of weeks to get him through the door  even earlier.

He said: “Matty is one we are looking at for a pre-contract for the summer. I spoke to Tommy, spoke to Matty’s agent and I’ve since spoken to Matty.

“We are hopeful we can maybe agree a pre-contract, but that’s really for the summer.

“Could he come early? We would need to agree a contract first"