David123

Player contracts and transfers

21 hours ago, Linky said:

I'm not sure we'll have Swanson for much longer, but I do think we could switch MOH over to the left and have Tanser/Spoony as back-up. If Kennedy does move on, I hope we'd spend the wage on a striker/right-back/centre midfield

I'd have Spoony over O'Halloran on the left every day of the week. It's his strongest position. Mikey on the other hand has no left foot, has lost a wee bit of his pace and isn't that effective cutting inside. He needs to play wide right or through the middle. 

8 hours ago, garydavidson said:

Is Craig Wighton someone we were linked with before? BBC says he is now training with the reserves at Hearts as well.  

I would suggest that he's probably found his level then. I'll be really disappointed if he ever ends up at Saints.

49 minutes ago, rik2304 said:

I would suggest that his profile and ability surpass Michael O'Neill when he took the job.

Your disdain of TW is utterly bizarre.

Could argue the job is a higher profile job now though, with their recent successes 

On 1/8/2020 at 7:22 AM, Johnny B said:

With players it is all about the money. He will go to the team that will pay him the biggest salary. 

I hope Matty has a word with Mikey,Danny,Liam & Shaughnessy to find out if grass is greener away from McDiarmid.

3 minutes ago, Cagey said:

I hope Matty has a word with Mikey,Danny,Liam & Shaughnessy to find out if grass is greener away from McDiarmid.

The money is 'greener'.   Aberdeen is a shithole though, having worked up there for 2 years, I'd have struggled with another one.   So Matty, if you go only sign a 2 year deal.   Stevie May will tell you all you need to know, and why he bought out his remaining contract to flee the dour city and crumbling stadium.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

I assume on a pre contract.

I would assume so considering these are the words of John Robertson - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51054945

"There's a lot of interest in a lot of our players - not many Championship clubs have players on the wanted list of so many other clubs.

"And that's testament to myself for finding them, and myself and my staff developing them."

"We are at the stage where bigger clubs can pick off our players," he said. "But one thing that has been made abundantly clear is they won't get them for peanuts."

"If they want to come and get them now that's their prerogative, but if they think they're going to get them cheap in the transfer window they've no chance.

6 hours ago, Dave H said:

The money is 'greener'.   Aberdeen is a shithole though, having worked up there for 2 years, I'd have struggled with another one.   So Matty, if you go only sign a 2 year deal.   Stevie May will tell you all you need to know, and why he bought out his remaining contract to flee the dour city and crumbling stadium.

Crappp

Aberdeen is far superior to Perth for a guy in his twenties. Stayed there for years and had the best time ever Partying and meeting great friends compared to Perth boring as hell its a great move ...Footballing wise god i do hope he stays....

9 hours ago, garydavidson said:

I would assume so considering these are the words of John Robertson - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51054945

"There's a lot of interest in a lot of our players - not many Championship clubs have players on the wanted list of so many other clubs.

"And that's testament to myself for finding them, and myself and my staff developing them."

"We are at the stage where bigger clubs can pick off our players," he said. "But one thing that has been made abundantly clear is they won't get them for peanuts."

"If they want to come and get them now that's their prerogative, but if they think they're going to get them cheap in the transfer window they've no chance.

****inell, can John Robertson possibly stash more inflated self-esteem up his rectum???? Next he'll claim Maradona was his midget lover.