David123

Player contracts and transfers

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, tucker said:

Prefer Booth to Tanser solid defender and assisted spoony well yesterday,that could be a great wee partnership,

There was me thinking that Tommy was a master tactician replacing Tanser with Booth but it turns out Tanser had a thigh strain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

Also prefer a back 4 

Back 3 worked against Killie but a disaster against Celtic first half & Hearts first half.

Hopefully found our best formation & shape whether by design or accident.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

You do know formations can and should be used accordingly? Much like certain players.

Yes and no. If you find a system and have the players to play it why change it? We turned the corner with Gordon and Booth coming into the back 4. There were no problems but when Kennedy left Tommy decided to change it. So Tommy agrees with you. But the motto stands the test of time if it not broken don't try and fix it.

I agree with what was said before circumstances dictated that we went 4 4 2 and played Booth in the back 4 and brought MOH onto the right wing. If Gordon had not got injured how long would have it taken Tommy to change things? Or would he have changed the formation?

Interesting to see if he starts with 4 4 2 with Booth and MOH in our next game if Gordon is fit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Johnny B said:

Yes and no. If you find a system and have the players to play it why change it? We turned the corner with Gordon and Booth coming into the back 4. There were no problems but when Kennedy left Tommy decided to change it. So Tommy agrees with you. But the motto stands the test of time if it not broken don't try and fix it.

I agree with what was said before circumstances dictated that we went 4 4 2 and played Booth in the back 4 and brought MOH onto the right wing. If Gordon had not got injured how long would have it taken Tommy to change things? Or would he have changed the formation?

Interesting to see if he starts with 4 4 2 with Booth and MOH in our next game if Gordon is fit.

Gordon cant, or shouldn't, play on Wednesday as he suffered concussion. He might be ruled out of the Cup game due to it aswell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Gordon cant, or shouldn't, play on Wednesday as he suffered concussion. He might be ruled out of the Cup game due to it aswell.

He will be. It’s a couple of weeks usually for a concussion. Especially now with all the NFL data on head injuries 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2020 at 10:08 PM, RandomGuy said:

Gordon cant, or shouldn't, play on Wednesday as he suffered concussion. He might be ruled out of the Cup game due to it aswell.

Gordon definitely out for cup game. SFA rules are 14 days minimum from incident and could be longer depending on the severity of concussion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see Vihmann has announced his retirement from professional football for personal reasons. 
 

Seems a real shame, maybe beaten down by unsuccessful back to back loan spells.

 

Hopefully he takes a break and gets back involved at some level, he maybe isn’t a premier league defender but sure he can play a part at some level. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

I see Vihmann has announced his retirement from professional football for personal reasons. 
 

Seems a real shame, maybe beaten down by unsuccessful back to back loan spells.

 

Hopefully he takes a break and gets back involved at some level, he maybe isn’t a premier league defender but sure he can play a part at some level. 

Already being discussed here: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2020 at 1:43 PM, Pat McGroin said:

I see Vihmann has announced his retirement from professional football for personal reasons. 
 

Seems a real shame, maybe beaten down by unsuccessful back to back loan spells.

 

Hopefully he takes a break and gets back involved at some level, he maybe isn’t a premier league defender but sure he can play a part at some level. 

I know we are already famous for earning managers of opposing teams the sack following a pumping from the mighty SJFC but are we also developing a reputation driving players out of the game... “if I can’t even get a game at St.Johnstone then I’ll just quit”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37834144

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...