Jimmy Wallace

17 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

And none of that works if we continue to concede 2 or more goals a game. Catch 22 strengthen defence and miss out out on a goal scorer. Bring in a forward and we may have to score 2 or 3 every game to win if our defending does not improve. I believe it is a defending mid fielder we need before a game controlling, pass-finding midfielder. 

Yes the defence has been poor, missing Joe more than I think folk expected, me incluced. 

However I have very high hopes for the return of Gordon, who is both a far better and more vocal player than Estonian and seems to work much better with Kerr, so hopefully he'll get back on track. 

With our best back 4 we should not be shipping goals to teams outside of the OF. 

edit: before the furore I'm not suggesting we accept shipping goals to the OF, just that we have to be realistic that they are the only ones that have firepower that we should expect to struggle against.

Edited by Valentino Bolognese
'vocal'

Just now, RandomGuy said:

I don't think we're going to see Foster playing for Saints again.

Has he been scrapping with players again. If you are correct and I do not doubt you, we now need cover in both full back positions and very little time or money to get them.

At the time, it seemed quite a strange decision to make Richard Foster a vice-captain. Being vocal shouldn’t be the decisive criteria unless the player is also a well-liked person who provides a positive influence within the dressing room. Don’t want to make assumptions, but I’ve never envisaged Richard Foster as being that type of guy.