Saints v Kilmarnock 31 August 2019

Jimmy Wallace

Looking forward o this. 

Killie were impressive last year in Perth and totally bossed the game although we hung on for a creditable draw.

Hoping we can keep the positive vibe from the last two games going and hopefully get our first win of the season.

Great to see Drey back in the frame for a starting spot.

8 hours ago, Rob said:

I imagine Drey might be on the bench on Saturday. Would expect to stick to team from Hibs game.

No chance will he be back on sat he ll need to few mins reserves or closed doors before being considered . I’m guessing after the international break before we see him

Expect Drey could be on the bench as a statement of intent, and to get him back integrated with the first team, but agree it's unlikely he'll play.

Difficult one to call. I think it's either going to be a cagey affair, one goal in it, or we're going to hit four or five. Going right back to the Cup game against QOS last year (Watt and Kennedy excellent) I've had the feeling we have the ability to blow teams away. Time and time again last season we seemed to lose confidence and tried to defend leads. But in the last couple of games Matty and MOH have been starting to do some real damage. Danny on the rampage as well, and maybe a striker (???) and we could be the real deal.

So, 4-0 Saints

28 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

Anyone else concerned about how inexperienced our entire defence is?!

I assume you are discounting Ando from our team?

Kerr has played a full season for us as well as representing Scotland at under-21 in international tournaments.  I am yet to be convinced that he was the right choice for captain but he is certainly experienced enough for the league.

Liam Gordon has shown he is a good player and hopefully a run in the team will allow him to progress and Tanser played more minutes than most last season.

Right back is the most obvious area where the experience has now gone.

We have been losing a lot of goals recently but that isn't just the fault of the defence. 

2 hours ago, garydavidson said:

Did you see the highlights of the Hibs game?  Who lost the his man for the first goal?

I watched the game on Saints TV. Davidson did not lose his man he failed to challenge him in the air. The question should be why was Davidson marking their biggest threat at set pieces? Surely it should have been one of our centre backs. This also highlights the lack of organisation in the back four.

42 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

I watched the game on Saints TV. Davidson did not lose his man he failed to challenge him in the air. The question should be why was Davidson marking their biggest threat at set pieces? Surely it should have been one of our centre backs. This also highlights the lack of organisation in the back four.

Because Davidson is one of our biggest players with great aerial ability. Not the fault of the defence.

10 hours ago, Johnny B said:

Starting lineup

Clark

Duffy       Kerr       Gordon       Tanser

O'Halloran   McCann   Davidson   Kennedy

Kane    May

If May not starting same as last week

That would be a line-up with over half the starters having come through the youth system. Wonder when the last time this happened?