Cost to watch Saints

Abernethy Saint

14 hours ago, garydavidson said:

At least they have split it up a bit this year and show the prices for children for home and away. Our offer was never highlighted before.

But they don’t show that our free kids is open to away fans , in fact they have a separate article claiming accidental as the cheapest away day

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/12/2019 at 10:37 PM, Abernethy Saint said:

Yes. In exchange for entry to games and various other freebies, which presumably would vary from club to club. Not quite sure what the major difference is between this and a season ticket instalment plan, tbh.

A tiered subscription plan should be the way forward. We live in a world where all major corporations (Apple, Microsoft, Google, Utilities, TV/Internet) all push monthly prices. It's a guaranteed monthly income for the club which, with a 30 or 60 day "cancellation window" replaces the risk of dwindling gates with cancellations as opposed to creating new risk. This can be taken up at any point in the season

Membership

£5-10/m

• Matchday tickets for all home games £20 Adult
  • Exclusive SJFC supporters tshirt/polo
  • Access to exclusive interviews with players/manager on our own online portal (Saints TV currently)
  • Electronic matchday programme emailed out day prior to match (supplement can be paid to receive hard copy in post)
  • 10% discount on all SJFC merchandise from club shop

Premium Package

£15-20/m

• As above except:
  • Matchday tickets for all home games £15 Adult (subscriber only. Additional tickets for OF games or other targeted games for discounted price)
  • 15% discount on all SJFC merchandise from club shop
  • Saints card scheme available to premium members (the one currently in use)

Full Package

£30-35/m or £350ish annual fee

• As per Premium except:
  • Free access to all home games
  • Early access for away tickets
  • Exclusive away match packages (ticket, food at McD and then travel - something along these lines)

There are obviously so many more considerations to this but a model based on the above should be at the very least discussed.

Monthly subscription wouldnt work, IMO. Youd have no real guarantee people would continue to pay it, so how do you budget your season?

Before you claim they could be forcibly made to pay every month for a season, that's a different idea to what they're suggesting in that article.

A team with 12,000 subscribers managed to muddle through a season and then it started bringing money in, I dont see how it would work with 1500.

2 hours ago, The Inspiration said:

A tiered subscription plan should be the way forward. We live in a world where all major corporations (Apple, Microsoft, Google, Utilities, TV/Internet) all push monthly prices. It's a guaranteed monthly income for the club which, with a 30 or 60 day "cancellation window" replaces the risk of dwindling gates with cancellations as opposed to creating new risk. This can be taken up at any point in the season

Membership

£5-10/m

• Matchday tickets for all home games £20 Adult
  •  Exclusive SJFC supporters tshirt/polo
  • Access to exclusive interviews with players/manager on our own online portal (Saints TV currently)
  • Electronic matchday programme emailed out day prior to match (supplement can be paid to receive hard copy in post)
  • 10% discount on all SJFC merchandise from club shop

Premium Package

£15-20/m

• As above except:
  • Matchday tickets for all home games £15 Adult (subscriber only. Additional tickets for OF games or other targeted games for discounted price)
  • 15% discount on all SJFC merchandise from club shop
  • Saints card scheme available to premium members (the one currently in use)

Full Package

£30-35/m or £350ish annual fee

• As per Premium except:
  • Free access to all home games
  • Early access for away tickets
  • Exclusive away match packages (ticket, food at McD and then travel - something along these lines)

There are obviously so many more considerations to this but a model based on the above should be at the very least discussed.

Very good post, and I agree that the club does very little around membership, other than junior saints and it has been superceeded by local clubs doing saturday "soccer" clubs. The club leave loads of money sloshing around other places that could be theirs. For instance, just start one of these membership schemes for exiles.

Sure Saints TV is a scheme.....but it's not the same

COST OF WATCHING SAINTS? Emotional cost is huge

25 minutes ago, byebyedundee said:

I do think the overseas fans get a raw deal 

better to have 1000 fans subscribe for 50 than a couple hundred at full price

Are you on about Saints TV?

£60 for UK fans, £120 for overseas.

You'd need to double your overseas subscribers to make it worth it.

22 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

Could argue the same with Sky Sports. Most of us do. 

I wouldn't say it's the same thing - Sky Sports carries on broadcasting content all year round, and it's also part of a wider Sky package. If I had a subscription to a football club and there were a couple of months of the year where you got zero for your money, why would I keep paying during those months? I guess I'm just struggling to see why a subscription would be better than just buying a season ticket like normal.

14 hours ago, garydavidson said:

You get live games though, don't get that in the UK. Cheaper than going to a game as well isn't it?

As someone who lives in England I find it pretty frustrating that I can't watch the live matches in the way an overseas person can, and for that reason I haven't subscribed - I just don't think it's worth it.

9 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

As someone who lives in England I find it pretty frustrating that I can't watch the live matches in the way an overseas person can, and for that reason I haven't subscribed - I just don't think it's worth it.

Use a VPN? It's not illegal in the UK and allows you to watch the games.

5 hours ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

Let's be honest here, as soon as any platform for showing games goes out you can get live streams of it without paying. Not saying folk should do this, especially when its Saints losing out but it happens.

VPN is not illegal

Bootlegging is.