St Johnstone v Rangers 22/9/19 (12.15 KO)

Dave Ferg

3 hours ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

There needs to be a pathway, they need room to develop and they will. We will not be relegated this season and that'll be another 40 games under their belt.

I agree with what you are saying but It is folly to try and develop 2 young centre backs while playing them together. They cannot learn from each other and they will struggle to help one other because they are trying to concentrate on their own game, plus Kerr has the added stress and responsibility of being Captain. 

The best example of Developing a centre back in recent years was at Rangers when Danny Wilson was being developed by playing alongside David Weir. The apprentice and the tradesman. Wilson looked so promising that Liverpool snapped him up. He was not ready and slid into obscurity.

What I am saying we have two apprentices at centre back and they cannot develop each other.

I thought Kerr was developing well under his partnership with Shaughnessy, so much so that on occasions, he out shone him. Gordon and Kerr like Wilson is not ready to be a tradesmen, they need to be developed or they will fall by the wayside.

There is a noticeable deterioration in Kerr's game this season compared to last and many have commented on this. This why I said we need an experienced centre back not 3 apprentices. 

35 minutes ago, Wendy Saints said:

After seeing the fixture list I thought realistically we could expect 3 points from our first 6 games...and that was from  Livingston.  We are definitely are a team in transition. After holding Sevco until half time I allowed myself to think we may scrape a draw. Sadly not to be... seeing the players celebrate at Hibs, I have no doubt they want to win.

Confidence is a big part of our problem I think. Tactics too, no point in playing Stevie as a lone striker it will never work and is unfair to him. Plenty good players, but please, although Tanser has improved he’s not a defender!! 

I’m not panicking yet! A win is imperative in our next game!! 

Maybe after Saturday I’ll change my mind! 

COYS 

Radio said Tanser did well in first half but also said that for a defendr, defending is not his strength. I have to agree, hes a good player but he's better going forward. So a good player to have but not if there is not someone there to help him defend. Same with our wingers, great running at the opposition but not so much when it comes to marking and tackling.

2 minutes ago, Rob said:

Radio said Tanser did well in first half but also said that for a defendr, defending is not his strength. I have to agree, hes a good player but he's better going forward. So a good player to have but not if there is not someone there to help him defend. Same with our wingers, great running at the opposition but not so much when it comes to marking and tackling.

Yeah,has to be played as a wing back but we don't play that unless its 5-3-1-1.

1 hour ago, Rob said:

A fatal flaw

7 hours ago, Johnny B said:

The best example of Developing a centre back in recent years was at Rangers when Danny Wilson was being developed by playing alongside David Weir. The apprentice and the tradesman. Wilson looked so promising that Liverpool snapped him up. He was not ready and slid into obscurity.

Not buying this- Wilson was hyped like most young old firm players and was found out to be bang average. I’m pretty sure he only played a handful of games before going to Liverpool so not a lot of developing weir could have done. I give you Ramos/Varane. I do understand your point tho if only ando was a few years younger.

36 minutes ago, 541ntees said:

Not buying this- Wilson was hyped like most young old firm players and was found out to be bang average. I’m pretty sure he only played a handful of games before going to Liverpool so not a lot of developing weir could have done.

Danny Wilson played 24 games for Rangers before joining Liverpool. 22 of those were in the same line up as Weir.

On 9/22/2019 at 5:08 PM, RandomGuy said:

An ex-Hearts player died this week aswell. Why ignore him?

Ricksen was nobody, and Rangers had already had a minutes silence for him. It's just pandering to them.

Football loves, embraces and capitalizes on death....it's when they start bring the army and wars into it that I get a bit annoyed (leave the vicious business of killing out!)

12 hours ago, slf said:

no shit Sherlock !

many home fans have been avoiding these matches for years, which also includes celtic  by the way.

welcome to realistic club.

I would have thought a "proper" fan like you would never miss a game. Since you think you are better than other Saints fans. 

14 hours ago, akuram said:

These games now are not worth going to.

Maybe missing the point here, but if you support a club why would these games not be worth going to? Yeah I understand all the shit that comes from the ugly sisters but I still go to see my team and wouldn't let them put me off, just switch off to all the sideshow by  their support and the usual mob of extra bigots from perthshire who get to their one game of the season sing a few party songs then back to watching there team on the tele for the rest of the season, rise above it, but again each to their own regarding attending, its pretty sad really the crap they spout in this day and age!