St Johnstone v Motherwell 28/09/19

tucker

18 minutes ago, callander saint said:

The only positive thing I can say about yesterday is that Motherwell are not much better than us and are sitting 3rd in the league. From an attacking/creative point we were probably as good as them but their defence/goalkeeper looked far more organized and solid. 

I am not too worried about the defense but Zander worries me. I thought he was going to be a top goalie . He is still in general a great shot stopper but falls down in all other aspects of goalkeeping.

Is it since the new goalkeeping coach came in a couple of seasons ago or Tommy's dislike of goalies coming off the line or playing the ball out from the back.. Nothing wrong with the occasional long ball but if Zander doesn't punt it he gives it to a defender who does,continually missing out the midfield.

23 minutes ago, Cagey said:

I am not too worried about the defense but Zander worries me. I thought he was going to be a top goalie . He is still in general a great shot stopper but falls down in all other aspects of goalkeeping.

Is it since the new goalkeeping coach came in a couple of seasons ago or Tommy's dislike of goalies coming off the line or playing the ball out from the back.. Nothing wrong with the occasional long ball but if Zander doesn't punt it he gives it to a defender who does,continually missing out the midfield.

I’m surprised you’re not worried about our defence. 

It’s our biggest weakness right now IMO. Crying out for an older, streetwise head in there 

Ralston Kerr Gordon Tanser

Compare to

Cuptie Frazier Ando Easton

All promising youngster's but all at same time is bad management

Thought Ralston looked the best of the lot yesterday, Tanser either plays okay or complete shit

Tommy has bought to many wingers

Play Swanson from the start against county,at least wants to play

For county I'd play booth as well

Shocking that Motherwell are in 3rd and Saints in 12th. Were they that much better than us yesterday? Not really. Thought we were very poor but they werent much better. Looks likes there is a massive gulf between the old firm and the rest of us. There's teams above us grinding out results and still playing terrible. We are making stupid mistakes, not gelling as a team, lacking leadership all resulting in low confidence. Unlike the others we are not getting any results out of poor performances. Obvious from the body language that the penalty was never going in before the ball was even kicked. 

Edited by Rob

Shouldnt have been a penalty anyway. Think the ref realised the 1st one with May should have been.

Players couldnt even get the weight of their passes right yesterday.

Some of our players also seem to struggle to stay on their feet when they are not even on the ball. Whats going on there? Is the constant watering of the pitch before and at half time making it really slippy? We've had plenty of rain in Perth this week.

6 hours ago, Cagey said:

Vihmann not even on the bench today. You would think with our defence problems he would at least be on the bench.

Imagine coming halfway across Europe to sit in the stand in a strange country.

I hope there is a clause in the contract that allows us to cancel his contract in the next transfer window and bring in someone who is good enough

It was the Killie game all over again. When we get the ball we don’t know what to do with it.

Tanser and McCann played well, the rest were awful, particularly MOH. 

We seem to play ok when we have to defend and then hit them on the break, or when we feel that we are the underdogs (Hibs and Aberdeen away), but if we need to go and win a game, we just can’t do it. Motherwell weren’t any better than us, but they got the win. Same story against Killie. These teams are tactically minded, they know how to play badly and win anyway.

15 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

It’s to speed the grass up 

To be honest I couldnt remember which way around it was. Just remember that when the South Inch got wet it was slow and marshy. Balls would come to a standstill in the 6 yard box. Guess its a getting the right balance thing. I noticed they sometimes only water one half. Pitch does seem to get excessively watered though. There's been times Ive seen players look like Bambi on ice.

On 9/29/2019 at 10:28 AM, Gas Monkey said:

So the way many of us rationalised  the signing of a non scoring May was that the Dons played him wrongly, leaving him isolated up front not his game etc.......so we sign him and do exactly what the Dons did with him. 

We were saying the problem was Mciness was playing him out wide

4 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

I’m sick of not really taking the game to teams until we’re behind/70 mins in. 

I’ll forever love Tommy for what he brought to the club but I’m feeling like he’s maybe out of ideas. 

Yeah,everything is stale & teams know exactly how we play.

We play the game at walking pace & don't press. Back off to our own half until we lose a goal.

We should not be afraid of 10 of the teams in this league.

We should impose our game on them from the start.

3 hours ago, 541ntees said:

The fact that Zander was arguing with the fans at the end shows just how frustrated the players are. In that instance I can’t see why he didn’t just go up we had a free kick and it was clear it was going to be the last few seconds - nothing to lose. 

Maybe tommy told him to stay back?

Where was this with Zander? I never saw anything like that.