St Johnstone v Motherwell 28/09/19

tucker

3 minutes ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

On that performance I see motherwell go third.... spare me,  thats not a team 9 places above us...

They win games, we dont. 

2 minutes ago, MySpazz said:

Need four points from next two games. Failing that - new manager. new era needed.

Like who? Some of the names folk mention terrify me.

I think we're down. 

We only look decent when the opposition are already ahead and sitting in a bit protecting their lead, and even then we cant score.

The goal we conceded was embarrassing, yet again. I've forgotten the last game we didnt concede a soft goal in.

Lose next week and we're ****ed. You look at St Mirren, Hamilton and County as the "bottom three" sides before the season starts, we're already adrift of two of them, and the third we play away in a couple of weeks.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

I think we're down. 

We only look decent when the opposition are already ahead and sitting in a bit protecting their lead, and even then we cant score.

The goal we conceded was embarrassing, yet again. I've forgotten the last game we didnt concede a soft goal in.

Lose next week and we're ****ed. You look at St Mirren, Hamilton and County as the "bottom three" sides before the season starts, we're already adrift of two of them, and the third we play away in a couple of weeks.

Switch the laptop off, take the dog for a walk and stop spouting pish. You’re posts immediately after games are embarrassing and negative to the extreme, take time to reflect and calm down before posting rational nonsense instead of the above. 

1 minute ago, Widge said:

Switch the laptop off, take the dog for a walk and stop spouting pish. You’re posts immediately after games are embarrassing and negative to the extreme, take time to reflect and calm down before posting rational nonsense instead of the above. 

What?

Are you going to claim that there was something positive to take from today? We've won about 6 league games this calendar year, and two of those games were against a Dundee rabble.

5 minutes ago, Widge said:

Whoa. We’ve won 1 in 11 and only a handful more since the start of the year, and you’re fingering folk for being negative? Jesus.

Edited by HertsAgain

That was pish. I have rarely been as annoyed as watching that 'performance'.

The defending was, as it has been so far this season, pretty laughable. Both Kerr and Gordon's passing was awful when trying to pass the ball to anyone other than each other and when they did pass to each other they seemed to take an age over it.

MOH contributed very little and despite playing both MOH and Wright where you would think we would take advantage of their pace....we didn't.

The penalty miss summed up the overall performance.

Edited by MrBored

1 minute ago, RandomGuy said:

What?

Are you going to claim that there was something positive to take from today? We've won about 6 league games this calendar year, and two of those games were against a Dundee rabble.

But you shot down someone suggesting changing the manager, surely if we are down as you suggest  why would we keep a manager who you believe wont save us?

I'm.beginning to think Wright has ran out of ideas but we will really see the full picture by the end of October 

8 minutes ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

yeah, thats the obvious comment .... but my point was there is not a huge void here between 'well who are now 3rd and us bottom. If we go down, so be it, but with 31 games left Im not overly concerned yet. 

The only reason it looked close is because Motherwell sat in to protect their lead, which allowed us to get the ball. We created nothing until after theyd already gone ahead.

Same as what happened against Livingston, Aberdeen and Hibernian this season.

First two sub's were like for like.Kennedy for Mikey. Swanson for McCann who played in midfield & did well until he moved to wing to replace Wright after he was subbed for Kane 15 mins from end. We then started to cause them problems & Muzz should have scored & May was unlucky.

First half we rarely came out of our own half & there defence could come forward at will & pick a pass with no pressure.

We pushed up a wee bit in second half with wingers attacking instead of defending.

Most other results apart from Hamilton were draws so we are not isolated yet.

Motherwell were not great but we allowed them to play their game instead of imposing our game on them.

We have the players . FFS Tommy let them play.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

The only reason it looked close is because Motherwell sat in to protect their lead, which allowed us to get the ball. We created nothing until after theyd already gone ahead.

Same as what happened against Livingston, Aberdeen and Hibernian this season.

So for the 42 minutes at 0-0 they were streaks ahead of us and this classy outfit were just toying with us

12 minutes ago, Cagey said:

First two sub's were like for like.Kennedy for Mikey. Swanson for McCann who played in midfield & did well until he moved to wing to replace Wright after he was subbed for Kane 15 mins from end. We then started to cause them problems & Muzz should have scored & May was unlucky.

First half we rarely came out of our own half & there defence could come forward at will & pick a pass with no pressure.

We pushed up a wee bit in second half with wingers attacking instead of defending.

Most other results apart from Hamilton were draws so we are not isolated yet.

Motherwell were not great but we allowed them to play their game instead of imposing our game on them.

We have the players . FFS Tommy let them play.

How on earth is Swanson for McCann ‘like for like’?

50 minutes ago, crieffsaintandy said:

But you shot down someone suggesting changing the manager, surely if we are down as you suggest  why would we keep a manager who you believe wont save us?

I'm.beginning to think Wright has ran out of ideas but we will really see the full picture by the end of October 

Well who the hell would we get that could turn this round? May as well give Tommy that chance a while longer.

56 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

What?

I have seen the unofficial Twitter saying it is out worst start in 53 years. Be interesting to find out if it is our worst calendar year?

When their keeper had the ball he had three players to pick from with only May up there. Time after time they built from there. When Zander had the ball there were two Motherwell players minimising his options so go long. Basic, but obvious. Only one aspect of our flawed game plan.

3 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

I have seen the unofficial Twitter saying it is out worst start in 53 years. Be interesting to find out if it is our worst calendar year?

Cant imagine theres been many worse. 5 league wins in 2019 so far, over 25 games.

Our last 38 league game record is...

Wins: 13

Draws: 8

Losses: 27

That includes our 5 game winning run last October/November.

If you look at 33 games, the split amount of fixtures, then just deduct 5 wins and 15 points from above...

23 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

Well who the hell would we get that could turn this round? May as well give Tommy that chance a while longer.

I was talking about the contradiction of the previous post, all for giving wright a chance and he hopefully will turn it round, but at the present moment not looking good and he is the man who built this total unbalanced squad and he needs to utilise it better, it’s all small margins but when you are down there you seem to not get the breaks.

I would love him to turn it round and going by previous years will, but the head telling me something missing in this group, but let’s not kid ourselves there are not other managers that could do a turn here, yeah don’t want the usual suspects but brown usually gives us something different when he chooses a manager, but at the moment sir Thomas is the best man to stop the rot.