Not a lot of people know that.

HOODLUM65

14 hours ago, south inch said:

The suspense is building.  All I can say is the answer better be good, I was probably at every game in the 59/60 season, home and away, so once the old memory is jogged I might be able to verify the story.  I presume the keeper in question came up for a corner.

Bill Taylor if memories serves righly against Third Lanark??, Was not at the match but listening to the game on hospital radio as the auld man had been knocked off his bike and broke his leg, 

On 3/29/2020 at 8:23 PM, sixties saintee said:

Nope around 59 / 60

58 minutes ago, sixties saintee said:

Bill Taylor if memories serves righly against Third Lanark??, Was not at the match but listening to the game on hospital radio as the auld man had been knocked off his bike and broke his leg, 

Well done Sixties, you had me stumped.-Season 1960/61- (Old) Div 1.

On 17/12/60 away to Third Lanark in front of 10,000 crowd Saints lost 4-2.

Taylor, McFadyen ,Lachlan, Walker, Little , Docherty, Newlands, Innes, Gardiner, Thomson and  Mc Vittie .

Saints scorers were Thomson and wait for it......

Own goal scored by Third Lanark. :oops:

2 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Taylor, McFadyen ,Lachlan, Walker, Little , Docherty, Newlands, Innes, Gardiner, Thomson and  Mc Vittie .

No just a pretty place.

6 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Any more information?  If Taylor is credited with scoring he must have been the last Saints' player to touch the ball before the OG.  Was it an almighty hoof up the park which a defender tried to clear but sclaffed it past his own keeper?

Was almost certainly there but can't remember anything unusual.  Some team though, the enigma that was Norrie Innes, Doug Newlands and big Jim Walker.  You did not want to meet him up a well lit alley never mind a dark one!

1 hour ago, south inch said:

Any more information?  If Taylor is credited with scoring he must have been the last Saints' player to touch the ball before the OG.  Was it an almighty hoof up the park which a defender tried to clear but sclaffed it past his own keeper?

Was almost certainly there but can't remember anything unusual.  Some team though, the enigma that was Norrie Innes, Doug Newlands and big Jim Walker.  You did not want to meet him up a well lit alley never mind a dark one!

Taylor did Not score.

The goal was scored by a Thirds player (o g.) for Saints.

9 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Taylor did Not score.

The goal was scored by a Thirds player (o g.) for Saints.

I thought Sixties was claiming Taylor was the keeper who scored for Saints round about season 59/60.  (Post 9 hours ago)

If I've got the wrong end of the stick it certainly won't be the first time but my nurse thought that was the point of the discussion as well so at least i will not be sent to bed without my usual dram|

1 hour ago, south inch said:

I thought Sixties was claiming Taylor was the keeper who scored for Saints round about season 59/60.  (Post 9 hours ago)

If I've got the wrong end of the stick it certainly won't be the first time but my nurse thought that was the point of the discussion as well so at least i will not be sent to bed without my usual dram|

Sixties havers a lot of keich .:laugh:

He canny remember the year his Faither got knocked off his bike and broke his leg .

Sixties is off his trolley.

Thirds conceded an Own Goal . 

Enjoy your dram.

7 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Sixties havers a lot of keich .:laugh:

He canny remember the year his Faither got knocked off his bike and broke his leg .

Sixties is off his trolley.

Thirds conceded an Own Goal . 

Enjoy your dram.

Stick by my point South Inch, My recollection is Taylor did hoof it up the park, Went over Keepers head, press at it even back then saying og, Hoodlum dosent no what day it is normally.

2 hours ago, sixties saintee said:

Stick by my point South Inch, My recollection is Taylor did hoof it up the park, Went over Keepers head, press at it even back then saying og, Hoodlum dosent no what day it is normally.

Thanks guys, that clears things up nicely.  You both keep safe.

PS  I still say that was some team we fielded that day.

• 2 weeks later...

1st  International SUBSTITUTE was made in a game between Wales and Scotland  at the Racecourse ground Wrexham.

The game was played in front of a crowd of 6,000 .

Scotland had beaten Ireland 7-0 & England 3-2.

The game ended 0-0 giving Scotland the British Championship.

Wales subbed their keeper in the 1st half.

The original selected keeper failed to arrive in time for kick off.

A local amateur keeper started the game,  before being subbed well into the 1st half by the original selected keeper.

• 4 weeks later...