Saints v Aberdeen Sunday 24/11/19 @3pm.

Cagey

2 minutes ago, Havana Saint said:

Fantastic feeling to get the draw. Immense character from the 9 and support.got behind them....a real collective feel. We need to show that determination at the start of each game. 

Long balls up to Stevie May is garbage....that really requires to be addressed.

True

9 men....we only need 9 men...and a useless Ref.

Dons fouled repeatedly throughout, which had Saints fans off their seats appealing for free kicks and Clancy shaking his head indicating NO.

Loudest cheer ( well almost) when he agreed and awarded free kicks a couple of times.

Brilliant move for Kennedy's goal, expertly put away.

Must play 2 up front.

Spirit of the team lifted with  the fans backing.

4 minutes ago, Havana Saint said:

Fantastic feeling to get the draw. Immense character from the 9 and support.got behind them....a real collective feel. We need to show that determination at the start of each game. 

Long balls up to Stevie May is garbage....that really requires to be addressed.

If Tommy can't see that Stevie isolated up front against 3 big centre backs doesn't work then I give up. He is not strong enough or fast enough to beat them & he isn't any good at closing them down or winning fouls & Kane won more balls & more fouls in the 10 mins he was up front than May has won all season.

Aberdeen controlled the game when they had 2 up front as did we. The fans got behind them as well & the players looked like they enjoyed it.

2 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

9 men....we only need 9 men...and a useless Ref.

Dons fouled repeatedly throughout, which had Saints fans off their seats appealing for free kicks and Clancy shaking his head indicating NO.

Loudest cheer ( well almost) when he agreed and awarded free kicks a couple of times.

Brilliant move for Kennedy's goal, expertly put away.

Must play 2 up front.

Spirit of the team lifted with  the fans backing.

Aye. 

cannae agree with the spirit

Murrays tackle was late, clear from the footage. Ref was a bit quick to get the red out. Second yellow maybe leading to red but not a straight red.

Havent seen the replay of Hendry's but thought it looked a bad challenge leading up to it. Ref had lost control by not stoppping the game at that and invited things to get out of control. Bit of frustration from Saints. Wouldnt have been saying it if we lost but at least we got in amongst them and kicked some lumps out of the opposition for a change. We've been too soft for too long.

8 minutes ago, Cagey said:

I think Zander could have done better at their goal but in the last 16 minutes it looked like we got our Zander back.

Done better in what way. He dived and was at full stretch to a ball that was right in the corner. No one challenged Cosgrove and he got time just to pick his spot.

2 minutes ago, Rob said:

Done better in what way. He dived and was at full stretch to a ball that was right in the corner. No one challenged Cosgrove and he got time just to pick his spot.

Cosgrove should have been closed down,yes but from where I was sitting he looked a bit slow on going down for it.

Will soon see it on Sport scene though.

39 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I think I misinterpreted your ‘Thanks Del...’ post and thought you were sarcastically responding to me saying that both red cards were justified. If you are genuinely thanking Del, I am in agreement with you.

no problem, just had no idea what you meant.
Del sold the game with his negative subs and tactics. :)

7 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Cosgrove should have been closed down,yes but from where I was sitting he looked a bit slow on going down for it.

Will soon see it on Sport scene though.

As soon as it came to Cosgrove, before he hit it, it looked like it would be going in. Couldnt have been in a better position. Its a bit hazey in my mind but if I recall we had the usual slapstick slipping from our defence in the run up.

I predict that on Sportscene they will say definitely sending offs and absolutely no comment on the fouls that occurred in the build up to them. 7 points from the 12 available in the 4 home games is decent. 

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

I think Zander could have done better at their goal but in the last 16 minutes it looked like we got our Zander back.

Got to agree Cagey.Zander was palming away all but point planc shots for fun towards the end yet Cosgroves goal from out side the box seen all the way by Zander he goes down in instalments to try and stop it.

44 minutes ago, Saline Saint said:

Got to agree Cagey.Zander was palming away all but point planc shots for fun towards the end yet Cosgroves goal from out side the box seen all the way by Zander he goes down in instalments to try and stop it.

He had some great stops towards the end but have often thought he dives like a falling log at times.

1 hour ago, Rob said:

As soon as it came to Cosgrove, before he hit it, it looked like it would be going in. Couldnt have been in a better position. Its a bit hazey in my mind but if I recall we had the usual slapstick slipping from our defence in the run up.

I predict that on Sportscene they will say definitely sending offs and absolutely no comment on the fouls that occurred in the build up to them. 7 points from the 12 available in the 4 home games is decent. 

Tommy said definite reds. Kerr got himself involved in an unnecessary physical battle with Cosgrove while the ball was in the air, then slipped when trying to recover. 

we can’t complain about the red cards. Duffy had a clear and deliberate handball in the box that stopped an Aberdeen goal in the first half, so we got lucky there.