Killie v Saints

john.w

Never celebrated a zero zero like that  for ages.

The result showed our players are all playing for the team and TW. I was really worried about another doing last night and we can at least see the players have the appetite for the fight.

The Hearts game is going to be a huge battle. COYS

Awful game. Neither side could string many passes together. Killie really didn’t look up for it.

Defence looked stronger, especially with Booth, although we lost Tanser’s ability going forward. O’Halloran played well, and so did Kane. Good to see Craig back. The rest of the midfield was quite poor.

I think the players were told to shoot on sight, which meant we didn’t create much as any time we got close to goal, someone had a shot well wide.

Good to have a clean sheet, and happy to see some players dropped so they know that they need to improve. I wonder, however, whether Tommy doesn’t know how ti get the best from May so he’s put him on the bench. 

15 minutes ago, Linky said:

Awful game. Neither side could string many passes together. Killie really didn’t look up for it.

Defence looked stronger, especially with Booth, although we lost Tanser’s ability going forward. O’Halloran played well, and so did Kane. Good to see Craig back. The rest of the midfield was quite poor.

I think the players were told to shoot on sight, which meant we didn’t create much as any time we got close to goal, someone had a shot well wide.

Good to have a clean sheet, and happy to see some players dropped so they know that they need to improve. I wonder, however, whether Tommy doesn’t know how ti get the best from May so he’s put him on the bench. 

Aberdeen couldn't get the best out of May. I think Tommy was hoping a return to McDiarmid would see a miraculous return to goal scoring but I think his horrendous injury has restricted him.

1 minute ago, Cagey said:

Aberdeen couldn't get the best out of May. I think Tommy was hoping a return to McDiarmid would see a miraculous return to goal scoring but I think his horrendous injury has restricted him.

If there is anywhere in football that May should be given leniency and time to recapture his form, if able, it's at Mcdiarmid. 

2 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

I remember an in form 2014 Stevie May being utterly horse if played up top on his own.

Bring MacLean back! May needs balls played through the middle, but we’ve become a side with strong wingers instead.

Ironically, I think Kane played better against Killie than May has all season. 

On 12/6/2019 at 9:08 AM, sixties saintee said:

New we would be last on Sportscene but they managed to squeeze us in all 2.5 minutes.

A bit more highlights on SPFL YouTube but you would think Killie dominated.

We still looked like.we struggled with balls in the box.